UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they will bring the mom in as a witness to the fact that maybe she was not happy with her going to her dad's for reason x y and z. Any dirt they can dig at this point would be beneficial if it's against R and T. At this point even if she can say they dabbled in weed would be beneficial but who knows? Maybe she has heard something we have not

Break ups and having to "share" children can be so so dirty. I'm not sure how amicable they were. Maybe she has asked him b4 to have the babe FOR EXAMPLE and he said no I can't because Toni wants to do something (you get my drift) that would annoy any mom and in my opinion make u dislike her or at least that stand out when u find your daughter murdered.

If she does appear on the stand for other than an impact statement I would be surprised

Maybe they will bring the mom in as a witness to the fact that maybe she was not happy with her going to her dad's for reason x y and z. Any dirt they can dig at this point would be beneficial if it's against R and T. At this point even if she can say they dabbled in weed would be beneficial but who knows? Maybe she has heard something we have not

Break ups and having to "share" children can be so so dirty. I'm not sure how amicable they were. Maybe she has asked him b4 to have the babe FOR EXAMPLE and he said no I can't because Toni wants to do something (you get my drift)

If she does appear on the stand for other than an impact statement I would be surprised

I’m curious as to what is going to happen with that one as well. It may not mean anything either way to the relationship between Alesha’s mum and dad but they have been pictured together since her death so I would take it they are (or atleast were) amicable.

Playing devils advocate here... Say tomorrow the defence show evidence that TM and the accused did have the FWB affair in 2017 and this proved she lied on the stand. How do we think this will influence the jury?

God only knows you never know what a jury is thinking It would only back up my thought that he had an axe to grind but that’s just me

I bet TM wouldn’t touch the accused with a barge pole. As the judge said today he is a confident liar and fabricates the truth for his own agenda. My personal opinion.

Oh I fully agree, I do not believe him for one second but just going over things that he might have for his defence of why he is so confident and sure of himself.

Oh I fully agree, I do not believe him for one second but just going over things that he might have for his defence of why he is so confident and sure of himself.

Yeah I get that. It shall be Interesting to find out tomorrow.

I don't think Alesha's mum will be a witness for the defence, given all the evidence so far I think she probably believes that the accused killed her daughter, so to stand up in court and effectively speak in his defence would be unfathomable. But then again you never know.

Has it been confirmed she is a defence witness? That I find weird

No it’s really not so honestly she probably won’t be. It was in an article at his pleading diet whereby she was there and it stated she was a witness to the case. She may well have been pulled from her duties for obvious emotional reasons given that she wasn’t on the island. I mean why would the parent of a murdered child be a witness for the defence, it’s ridiculous really.

Has it been confirmed she is a defence witness? That I find weird

No it was stated she had special permission by the judge to sit in court during proceedings even though she is a witness in the case. Most of us were expecting her to be a prosecution witness but so far to everyone’s knowledge she has not been called to the stand. With the prosecution case ending today it leaves either her to be a defence witness, the prosecution didn’t call her or she has testified and it wasn’t reported on for some reason.

No it’s really not so honestly she probably won’t be. It was in an article at his pleading diet whereby she was there and it stated she was a witness to the case. She may well have been pulled from her duties for obvious emotional reasons.

Yeah that seems more likely. You cannot enter a courtroom before you’ve gave evidence as a witness but you can after. I think the prosecution obviously had her on their list but she’s the wee ones mum so the judge made an exceptions because the mum wasn’t there when all this happened.
If she had been
I think she would have been just like dad and had to wait

I’m curious as to what is going to happen with that one as well. It may not mean anything either way to the relationship between Alesha’s mum and dad but they have been pictured together since her death so I would take it they are (or atleast were) amicable.

I hate my x husband with a passion but when we have to come together, and believe me, we have had to for the sake of our youngest child i make it work. They clearly share a common ground at this point over deep hurt and she must know it was not him and he does not know who did this . Mothers instinct. Unless she stays close to find out more which would be then only other reason she stays close

I’m sure deep down she has feelings about how her baby wasn’t kept safe but right now her focus will be justice. My heart aches for her she’s just a young girl herself

That’s only natural though if she does have those feelings, if it was my daughter I don’t think I could handle myself with as much dignity as she has shown during this trial.

Playing devils advocate here... Say tomorrow the defence show evidence that TM and the accused did have the FWB affair in 2017 and this proved she lied on the stand. How do we think this will influence the jury?

I'd imagine it would prompt some to consider the potential for an alternative theory as to what exactly happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther