IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the spinning begins...................moo
They've been spinning since at least the "sold out" concert where JS bravely .......
Just think of how dizzy THEY must be by now. I get through maybe 1 or 2 pages here & have to SMH to clear it up. Im sure they love their brother y'all but I don't think they're doing themselves or JS any favors by talking. But hey, have at it! I am nicely stocked up on popcorn

A while back someone was asking why the attack had to be done by the 29th. He had a show at the Troubador in Hollywood on Saturday. The Troubador is a 500 seat venue that opened in 1957. Many of the "Greats" over the years including Elton John and many others appeared there before the hit it big time. Long story short, is if you don't and can't sell out the Troubador your chances of a solo career are questioned. I would lay you odds that show did not sell out until AFTER the letter and subsequent attack. Appearances at Troubador are usually sold out WAY in advance.

JMO

Is Tupac considered a role model or is it just his artistic ability? I'm not seeing him as a positive role model.

Tupac had a huge influence on hip hop in the 90s. His lyrics spoke about real life issues, especially issues for the AA community. Smolletts selfish antics were not done for the best interests of the AA community.

A while back someone was asking why the attack had to be done by the 29th. He had a show at the Troubador in Hollywood on Saturday. The Troubador is a 500 seat venue that opened in 1957. Many of the "Greats" over the years including Elton John and many others appeared there before the hit it big time. Long story short, is if you don't and can't sell out the Troubador your chances of a solo career are questioned. I would lay you odds that show did not sell out until AFTER the letter and subsequent attack. Appearances at Troubador are usually sold out WAY in advance.

JMO

Well his career is certainly being questioned now.

JMO
Pretty sure you are right about show not selling out until after his media blitz spotlighting modern day lynchings. Sadly he cancelled his "meet & greet" so maybe he's not cut out for singing career or motivational speaking. I say maybe because to be fair I have not heard him sing. I DID see his GMA performance and found it to be lacking, jmo, so maybe he can fit in some acting lessons. Or take up painting? Jim carey seems to get some sort of joy out of his art

I just noticed this and it's coming right from LE themselves:
“The victim goes to Subway just after midnight and on his way back, he was attacked by two men,” Guglielmi said. “They were masked and wearing black clothing. … They used a homophobic slur. They also used the N-word. They proceed to assault him, and they throw a chemical on him that may have been bleach, and put a rope around neck.”
Jussie Smollett's Friend Who Was with Him After Apparent Hate Crime Says It Was a 'Scary Night'

So he was gone for 2 hours!
He must have gone to a Subway in the suburbs.

I would argue that a man like Smollett is just a dangerous as a man in a pointy white hood. And if he doesn't loose his career over this, there is no justice.[/QUOTE]

Post snipped gitiana, hope that’s ok,

Exactly I can’t say it enough, he is just quite a dangerous man. Goodness knows what was the “grand plan” reaction he wanted? Was it something even thought out?
The whole fiasco reminds me of a 6th grade kids “good idea” that bombed badly. My advice for him (I won’t even charge him too much) would be to have a breakdown, retreat to a treatment centre, lay low then come out crying (well, best he can do) asking for forgiveness...
Otherwise popcorn will be sold out

Is Tupac considered a role model or is it just his artistic ability? I'm not seeing him as a positive role model.

I didn't listen to all of his music, so I'm sure something unflattering might pop up, but as a young woman, I greatly appreciated the positivity and tender pro-motherhood messages of both Sweet Sadie and Keep Ya Head Up.

But if we are to abandon critical thinking in favor of believing an implausible story in the name of believing every victim, without question, that does a huge disservice to the people who are falsely implicated. Those people are the true victims.
IMO, a big part of the problem in our country today, and a big part of the divisions between us, is the abandonment of critical thinking, and the automatic, emotional belief in any statement, no matter how extreme or unlikely, as long as it fits a given world view.

His story was pretty clearly suspect from the beginning. Had CPD not been on top of things, had he not been exposed by (granted, unnamed) LE sources, innocent people would still be being blamed, and anyone sceptical accused of racism and bigotry.

We must not abandon our critical thinking skills to such an extent that it prevents us from discerning the true victim. That is also injustice.

No, I don't think/wasn't implying we should abandon all critical thinking. Of course those who are wrongly accused are victims. But that doesn't mean we can be quick to brush people off, crazy things DO happen, so when someone claims they are attacked or raped I will believe them until I have reason not to. And if the are lying, the truth usually comes out. So I hope there is a way that people can use critical thinking while still giving victims the benefit of the doubt until having solid evidence to discredit them.

JMO

If that's the case, I bet he's wishing he'd just up and shelled out to hire one of those "seat-filling" firms... which are more than happy to treat your warm-body audience-member needs with as much anonymity as possible.

Now that made my day. I laughed so hard when they yelled out maga country. Too damn funny!!!

I suppose if they (the original attackers) had been hollering "Turning Chicago into MAGA country one beatdown at a time!", anyone would have gotten suspicious; so I guess they thought keeping it simple was the better part of valor...? (lol)

From his Instagram:

20rr2fk.png

Who! Who! Jake Smollett? Gay Tupac?

Killing two birds with one stone. Letting his bruhs know he’s running late and also documenting no sign of the gory paper cut he suffered during his brutal attack.

I've just watched the GMA interview. What a load of self-aggrandizing BS. I had chuckle when Jussie boasted, "He [the attacker] punches me right in the face, so I punched his *advertiser censored* back!" Then at the end of the interview, Jussie goes into a "be a fighter like me!" diatribe. Wow, instant street cred for Jussie.. NOT. Silly man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member