CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the excellent breakdown of the timeline. I think you're on the right track. KK probably did not see the remains, nor was she there when the body was burned. Am I correct, or did KK say she witnessed the burning? And he would have wanted to clean himself up before leaving the house. What about the bloody shoes and clothes? Safe to assume he would have put those in the fire too? Makes sense that he cleaned himself up right away. Wouldn't he have told KK to clean in the bathroom too, or did she just not do a complete enough job, and they discovered blood there?

Did he come back to the house on Friday to pick up the remains, or were they in his car when he went to Thanksgiving dinner? And no security footage from the neighborhood, or was it too late to retrieve once the police started investigating?
KK said she and he went to get K's remains from Nash. PF is on surveillance purchasing a can of gas. They were outside with the fire (to cremate K's remains to cover up any evidence) and the fire got so big that PF's mother came outside with concern that the fire was too big. I mean unless you are having a bonfire with friends why would you create an inferno in the middle of winter? She knew this wasn't normal and because it is so dry here in Colorado all residents are concerned about fires. (I live nearby). We live on a Smoky the Bear fire hazard level and since it's so dry most days open fires are not allowed at all. If you aren't familiar with Colorado, F family driveway is probably almost a half mile long and they live in the forest. The neighbors are a few miles away so likely no footage of anything they do.

Without going back to the live blog. it said blood in the bathroom, on fireplace, TV and even upstairs, too, right? His bloody footprints all over, IIRC. And KK cleaned that up and went out to eat.
Who can do that? I know she is a nurse and all, but who can do that? Seriously! How could she eat, sleep, look her own babies in the eyes? I hope she completely loses custody of them. She is evil in its most pure form.

How do these degenerates find eachother?

He's got a good woman like KB who, by example, if nothing else, could help him be a better man. Instead, he murders the good woman to be with another depraved miscreant like himself. What's the incentive? To be able to rot together happily in hell for all eternity? All the while their own children and other family members endure the trauma, shame and all the other ripple effects for the rest of their lives. They're not just revoltingly evil, they are brainless morons. I have to keep reminding myself that the perps in these cases are not the norm. However, I won't be accepting any coffee from a friendly new neighbor! MOO.

Last edited:
He preyed on women with low self esteem. As much as Kelsey accomplished and should have held her head high, I believe she had low self esteem and that her anxiety was worsened by her relationship with him and his verbal abuse toward her. She knew it was wrong but was still waiting for that perfect proposal and good life with a good country roper like PF. Pleasing her religious family was probably part of it. Her mother said they had an "unconventional" relationship. She also said they were loving. All lies. MOO

Who can do that? I know she is a nurse and all, but who can do that? Seriously! How could she eat, sleep, look her own babies in the eyes? I hope she completely loses custody of them. She is evil in its most pure form.

It’s absolutely sick. Can you imagine cleaning up a murder scene, that much blood from an innocent mother, and then heading over to Sonic and eating a big meal?

Reminds me of the Watts case. After he described in detail how he murdered SW and stuffed his poor dead babies into an oil tank, he chowed down several plates of pizza in the interview room.

Well, poo! I had copied quotes from several posters and they did not show up.

Oh well here is my lightbulb moment.

I don't "math" well
So, my thoughts are likely to be WRONG!
Look at these numbers!
Began an intimate relationship
March of 2018
6 months later, first "attempt"

#1 - Sept 23,2018
poison in coffee.
(1600 miles)

2nd attempt
#2 -Oct 15, 2018
metal Rod
(1600 miles)

3rd attempt
#3-Oct 21, 2018
Aluminum baseball bat
(1600 miles)

Nov 22, 2018 PF "alone" successful.
Back to Teller County

KK shows up 2 days later?
(1600 miles)

Total= 6400 miles in
1440 hours or
62 days!
At an average of 70mph it takes almost 24 hours to make a 1600 mile round trip!
Multiply that by4.
=96 hours if driving with no stops for bathroom or meals!

4 SOLID DAYS OF DRIVING TO FINALLY SUCCEED WITH A MURDER!

She also made sure not to take her vehicle every time as 6400 miles in 62 days as that would raise red flags.
Not if she had a lease and that were the case, her vehicle when returned would like have exceeded the miles allowed during the terms of the lease.
I'm not sure how much they charge per mile for overages.
I think 25 cents?
At 6400 she would be looking at $1600 upon return of the vehicle.
I'm going to guess she drives a big truck with 3 large towing capacity.
So, I'll be generous with mpg.
Now if she has diesel fuel I have no clue.
Based on a average price per gallon for non octane gas in Utah and Colorado I get $2.50 per gallon.
So, 6400 miles @ 14mpg is roughly $425.00
6400 miles over
62 days
48 hours driving
$425.00 gas
$1600 if leased vehicle
PLUS meals on the road
$2500.00 (+/-)
For 3 murder attempts and the cover/clean up after the attempt that was completed.

Yeah, she was "scared".
Complicit and determined fits the bill better!
Completely willing to invest significant time and $!

Also wrt Kelsey being knocked unconscious.
PF lacked the strength to accomplish that and the fact that blood was found in several rooms, indicates Kelsey was alive and trying to flee her attacker with every bit if willpower that she possessed.

Kelsey was born Sept 22 1989.
What day was baby K born, was it in October 2017?

I find it disgusting that he wanted to execute this murder on or around the birthday of these two beautiful women.
IMO
That was to spite KB's family, specifically her mother.

The fact that this began in September is very telling to me!

As is to why KK is being allowed to appear by teleconference now.

Again do the math.
For 62 days 6400 miles was no issue.
What's another 1600 or 3200?
Unless she has a condition where that distance, riding in a car would be discouraged by a doctor.
Clearly at a date this summer, she will be able to attend.

All moo!

It’s absolutely sick. Can you imagine cleaning up a murder scene, that much blood from an innocent mother, and then heading over to Sonic and eating a big meal?

Reminds me of the Watts case. After he described in detail how he murdered SW and stuffed his poor dead babies into an oil tank, he chowed down several plates of pizza in the interview room.
I absolutely cannot imagine any of this...it is disgusting. That poor family.

None of it, except for the heading to Sonic for some food. And I think it's relevant that she is/Was a nurse, so used to cleaning up blood. But make no mistake, I have little doubt that she felt like she was getting a benefit out of all this. Now he would be all hers, without the unnecessary distraction of the mother to that little girl.

None of it, except for the heading to Sonic for some food. And I think it's relevant that she is/Was a nurse, so used to cleaning up blood. But make no mistake, I have little doubt that she felt like she was getting a benefit out of all this. Now he would be all hers, without the unnecessary distraction of the mother to that little girl.
Terrible.

Apologies if this has already been said, I’m still catching up on this absolute nightmare.

My best friend is a nurse at a public hospital in NYC. He is an ex-pain med addict (clean two years now, thankfully). This is how he would steal controlled medication from his hospital: if it was a tablet, he would overprescribe the med in the computer system. He’d put 4 OxyCodone 5mg, dispense two, and pocket the other two. If it was an injectable, like dilaudid, he wouldn’t administer the entire vile although the system would show the patient did recurve the full amount. He’d waste 2mg and pocket it. This system was especially affective with the elderly or non-English speakers. They simply did not pay attention.

I know it's a stretch to consider because the cases are so different but: Narc perps always screw up when they don't spend all their time looking for the killer, because they ARE the killer. They already know what happened but because they have no empathy for others, they can't see how the rest of us react and think. OJ, Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, etc. Same with this case. They cannot get away from their narc selves to understand what normal people would do.

I’m sorry I’m from UK so first post abroad I’ve followed, can you just briefly explain if I’ve read your comments correctly? This evil woman has made a bargain to give all this evidence so she hardly gets any prison sentence in her major part of this unspeakable crime ? Did they know the full extent of her involvement when they struck a deal with her?

I’m sorry I’m from UK so first post abroad I’ve followed, can you just briefly explain if I’ve read your comments correctly? This evil woman has made a bargain to give all this evidence so she hardly gets any prison sentence in her major part of this unspeakable crime ? Did they know the full extent of her involvement when they struck a deal with her?
Yes. She explained her involvement, they investigated her involvement, and they struck a deal with her.

As long as she has been truthful, this deal will stand.

It is likely that she serves very little, if any, jail time.

And, threw it out because, you know, she wanted to leave evidence behind for the cops to find which the prosecutors seem to actually believe.
An ulcer that was diagnosed one day before her muder no less! Wasn't it 11/21/18?
Ever had a gastric ulcer?
I had 2 duodenal ulcers at the same time.
#1 - too sick and too much pain to even consider killing someone in that manner.
#2- 2 days in there isn't any way I'd even lie about eating any Thanksgiving dinner.
ESPECIALLY @ Cracker Barrell.
An appropriate meal replacement, would be a bottle of ice cold maalox mylanta and ice chips.
That rot gut gnawing pain is pretty bad.
My bet is he was feigning that illness for sympathy from the woman he knew he planned to kill the next day.
He was "sick" he played on her ability to feel sympathy and the need to nurture him.
Without a key, he knew she'd open the door and allow him in.

Beyond that I'll refrain for commenting further!

Moo

Last edited:
Yes. She explained her involvement, they investigated her involvement, and they struck a deal with her.

As long as she has been truthful, this deal will stand.

It is likely that she serves very little, if any, jail time.

It’s such a tough situation, because without her they most likely wouldn’t have any information and it’d be a tough case to try in court. Although they MIGHT have been able to do it because of the blood evidence they found in Kelsey’s bathroom during their 2nd search, what do you think?

It’s such a tough situation, because without her they most likely wouldn’t have any information and it’d be a tough case to try in court. Although they MIGHT have been able to do it because of the blood evidence they found in Kelsey’s bathroom during their 2nd search, what do you think?
I don’t like “might have,” not with the stakes this high.

Yes, they could probably have built an effective case without her; but the things she told them were so important, that I’m more than ok with it.

Because of her we know many things that we wouldn’t otherwise know, things that physical evidence, surveillance footage, and cell phone records, could never tell us.

PF needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars, and KK will be key to that.

I hate that she is getting off so light, but I absolutely believe it was the right move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member