GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
(This is the pharyngeal reflex, or gag reflex, acting to expel whatever you swallowed before it can enter the lungs. Sometimes the reflex is very sensitive, and even accidentally pushing your toothbrush too far can set it off! Your body very much doesn’t want you to asphyxiate; )

This is where my near-death experience could have gone either way. The laryngopharynx is the posteriormost inferior region of the pharynx, reaching from the hyoid to the lower border of the cricoid cartilage; it’s the place where the respiratory and digestive systems diverge.

LINK:Anatomy and Physiology: The Pharynx and Epiglottis

THIS is where RD was Decapitated according to the autopsy report........

below the Hyoid bone (looks like wish bone to me, under the jaw)
absence of Epiglottis but thyroid sill in tact......I think we all know where the thryoid is by feeling our throats

SO he was decapped above that........

THERE IS A GAP where the epigliottis is located in the throat, perfect location to cut or strangle someone ..........THEY KNEW WHERE to cut and they knew from military experience possibly HOW to strangle someone, this is taught in military excercises in case of capture by the enemy

LINK:https://medweb1.umaryland.edu/puche.../Atlas_Netter7/Section2_HeadNeck/Plate022.jpg

THe absence of the epigliottis cartilege is the smallest are of cartilege in the neck, above this it gets close to the hyoid bone, below this is thryoid and critoid cartilege and the spinal column bones are larger, you dont wnt to cut there it appears

SO they go right where the epiglittis is and that's why its not there according to the autopsy

Now this makes me really think of Foxfire........he always said a paramilitary style operation of something to that affect in regards to this case...(due to the article above talking about military maneuvers)

IF shot or bludgeoned there would be blood in the trachea or lungs

I guess the blood interior just drains down as opposed to strangulation , there is no blood, just asphyxiation

C-5 was also transected

RD had yellow green bruising in front of neck 2" approx, left side of neck approx 3" and left upper shoulder yellow green bruising

was this the hands and cord of someone strangling him?

Going to read on bruises but the blood flow stops after death so there shouldnt be any bruising after death

unless you were strangled first? Im assuming yellow/green abrasions are teh beginning of bruises? IDK

Still studying autopsy

Where RD was decapitated. I saw nothing in the mortis page in regards to green/yellow decomp stages so unless it was an initial strangulation bruise in it's beginning stages maybe something to do with the cut or mortis that's not mentioned, there was a yellow/red stage but the weird thing is that it was only green/yellow very thin areas on differnt areas, not continuous if I read that right or remember correctly

Attachments

• Plate head neck anatomy with red line.jpg
    Plate head neck anatomy with red line.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 6
I don't know if it's true... It's likely something I read long ago in some other case. But... I thought there was a best place to cut between vertebrae - allowing easier separation of head from rest of body. Thus, my opinion on one of the killers having medical knowledge. But, I suppose hunters know same/similar info OR anyone who reads about murder/decapitation.
I dunno about this being done paramilitary-style but it could be possible.

How much longer til the next podcast episode? I'm anxiously awaiting !

Sure would love a link to autopsy reports ... Can someone post, please !

Would the cord, wire or fishing line if tight enough be able to slice through the skin and meat of the neck and look like a knife cut it? Even a paper cut looks like a knife cut to me. If the neck bones were cut, would serrated or straight edged knife wounds show up? Could someone have just broken the bones?

Were the coffee cups out on the porch/deck or kitchen table or in the sink or dishwasher? How many cups or glasses were being used?
Could someone have come up with an "I'm broke down or need some gas and need to use the phone" excuse? Or wanted to do their yard or make a bid on a painting job? Or, maybe they wanted to let them know about "some damage done to their dock"? Or they had found something on the golf course where he had been walking and wanted to return it if it was his? Were they the type of couple who would welcome someone in, try to help them or turn them away? Did they feel safe in their home with nary a thought of someone bad coming up? Or were they fearful of anyone? If they weren't worried about their alarm system not being turned on, doesn't sound like they would be too alarmed by even a stranger coming up?

Here's a thought I just had. There's been mention of garage doors and I just thought about how easy it is to open someones garage door those codes aren't tough to program into another remote.. JUST A THOUGHT

I did some research and there are YouTube videos showing how to open a garage door from the outside...with a coat hanger. Oh, my.
Maybe some one did that and waited for one of them to come home from ...Publix? Ambushed Mr. D in the garage?

And the D's probably would help someone who knocked at the door...JMO and based on my parents' actions in retirement.

Off topic- after my father died and about 6 months after his funeral, I went " back home" to visit my 89 year old mother. We were sitting in her living room one afternoon watching TV. Imagine my surprise when one of my mother's former students - a grown man walked in, sat down and asked my mother for money. Small town and no one locked doors in the daytime. It was as though I was invisible. I was shocked and mad. The former student left with no money and I called the sheriff, a guy I knew from high school.
It never happened again. And I moved her to live near me.

JMO

It is very easy to open a garage door with another universal opener. Elderly people tend to only see the good in people and don't really know how to recognize the bad ones because they prey on the elderly by playing the role of the nice kid. So sorry that happened to your mom.

I think the Dermonds felt safe in their neighborhood. And if someone appeared at their door (front, side or back) they likely would have answered without fear. Their home alarm system was off and it was likely early morning... Most people fear being attacked in the middle of the night. Also, since it's easy (obvious) to assume they were targeted, it's even more likely they recognized at least one killer. Maybe only one came to the door... The others remaining just out of sight until the first gained entry. But still... RD was left in garage so we have to wonder why "there"... Why not drag him inside the home?? Did the attack start and end in the garage?

Yeah, I'm still going round and round. Everything said already. I really should just stay quiet til the next podcast episode.

Were the coffee cups out on the porch/deck or kitchen table or in the sink or dishwasher? How many cups or glasses were being used?
Could someone have come up with an "I'm broke down or need some gas and need to use the phone" excuse? Or wanted to do their yard or make a bid on a painting job? Or, maybe they wanted to let them know about "some damage done to their dock"? Or they had found something on the golf course where he had been walking and wanted to return it if it was his? Were they the type of couple who would welcome someone in, try to help them or turn them away? Did they feel safe in their home with nary a thought of someone bad coming up? Or were they fearful of anyone? If they weren't worried about their alarm system not being turned on, doesn't sound like they would be too alarmed by even a stranger coming up?
He was in his pj's

I've never done that.... I'll say this, when my kids were little riding gocarts I made sure they had roll bars because of electric wire horse fencing in the area, you get my point

Alsi, How to hold it with out being cut yourself but there is hundreds of lb pressure line for the big'ns

Omg what was that thing Jon Benet was killed with? Two sticks and a rope or cord
I have read that even with a knife people have had their throats slot so violently that they were almost decspitated

I just think the restraint with strangling would be more efficient to Conteol someone

They were Oth in ther garage if that's her hair in his hand

I imagined the scene, he teying to reach her while cord at throat, she being held tight by perp no 2

Had it been a gun there may have been more of a struggle in the garage as that probably wouldnt have held him back from trying to save her, clearly tried but couldn't get to her or keep ahold

It was also a tight squeeze between cars

Bit the bruising like yellow green marks, on left shoulder, left side of neck and in front

Seems perfect placement for a fist holding a cord on left side where rd may have turned and bit perps ARm or hand

Just sticking to the facts

We need something new
Would the cord, wire or fishing line if tight enough be able to slice through the skin and meat of the neck and look like a knife cut it? Even a paper cut looks like a knife cut to me. If the neck bones were cut, would serrated or straight edged knife wounds show up? Could someone have just broken the bones?

I don't know if it's true... It's likely something I read long ago in some other case. But... I thought there was a best place to cut between vertebrae - allowing easier separation of head from rest of body. Thus, my opinion on one of the killers having medical knowledge. But, I suppose hunters know same/similar info OR anyone who reads about murder/decapitation.
I dunno about this being done paramilitary-style but it could be possible.

How much longer til the next podcast episode? I'm anxiously awaiting !

Sure would love a link to autopsy reports ... Can someone post, please !
Probably did, I remember dicussions but never looked into it

It could be anyone like SS said, it wasnt a perfect cut but very neat almost like a surgeon, so there's that plus taxidermist types

Someone in the military would know where this choke hold location is, Im not saying it is definitively this person or that person it's just factual information and it made me think of Foxfires adamant statements on the subject

However, the military are trained to know this for escape, It's location to strangle someone, the same location that is where he is cut, I left links above to lots of great detail

THere is probalby alot of detail in front of us we are missing but Im ready for the next podcast too, I need to go back and relisten, if I could on ly have days like yesterday, my brain went into overdrive lol

I think the Dermonds felt safe in their neighborhood. And if someone appeared at their door (front, side or back) they likely would have answered without fear. Their home alarm system was off and it was likely early morning... Most people fear being attacked in the middle of the night. Also, since it's easy (obvious) to assume they were targeted, it's even more likely they recognized at least one killer. Maybe only one came to the door... The others remaining just out of sight until the first gained entry. But still... RD was left in garage so we have to wonder why "there"... Why not drag him inside the home?? Did the attack start and end in the garage?

Yeah, I'm still going round and round. Everything said already. I really should just stay quiet til the next podcast episode.
The front door was locked when the friends arrived so they most likely someone entered in the screen porch and door to kitchen.....

Ill find the inside layout of the house

I THINK......think......alot has been chiseled away but everyone keeps saying confusing, me included and I just keep thinking, yep, aint that what they wanted? And to go undetected?

BUt who knows, we could all be wrong...... if it's ever solved
Can't hit like because I need the LOVE button. You hit the nail on the head.

The front door was locked when the friends arrived so they most likely someone entered in the screen porch and door to kitchen.....

Ill find the inside layout of the house

Attachments

• dermond kitchen to screen porch.jpg
    dermond kitchen to screen porch.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 24
  • dermond kitchen to bathroom and garage.jpg
    dermond kitchen to bathroom and garage.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 22
WOW, dont know if there were any coffee cups on screened porch but when I was at the lake, the first thing I'd do is let the dogs outside, Dermonds had no dogs, 2nd thing is make coffee then outside to partake and watch the birds......

But these images, just showing how close it was for someone to come in the screened porch to kitchen door from back or front yard and take a hostage straight into the garage.

I think the last door on the hallway is the one, the first one is bathroom and the door in kitchen wall is likely the pantry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82