NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

This whole case is just bizarre. I just feel that it was foul play.

Steven has been gone for so long now, I think it does lean more towards foul play but I’m always hopeful he took off to start a new life. Been reading all the threads and I’ve seen Stevens case several times on the Disappeared show and his case could go any direction. If it’s foul play you would have thought he would have been found by now. If he started a new life you would have thought something would have surfaced about him by now. It will 10 years in December, thats crazy.
I’m the same age as Steven and I went through depression about not being married by the age of 30 but I went to my family for advice rather going away from them. Steven as a male seemed to want to do everything on his own, he seemed so stubborn to not take any of the help offered , the money from his parents, the bishops offer for a job. I totally understand wanting to make it on your own but that’s what family and friends are for to be there if you need help.

Steven has been gone for so long now, I think it does lean more towards foul play but I’m always hopeful he took off to start a new life. Been reading all the threads and I’ve seen Stevens case several times on the Disappeared show and his case could go any direction. If it’s foul play you would have thought he would have been found by now. If he started a new life you would have thought something would have surfaced about him by now. It will 10 years in December, thats crazy.
I’m the same age as Steven and I went through depression about not being married by the age of 30 but I went to my family for advice rather going away from them. Steven as a male seemed to want to do everything on his own, he seemed so stubborn to not take any of the help offered , the money from his parents, the bishops offer for a job. I totally understand wanting to make it on your own but that’s what family and friends are for to be there if you need help.

I completely agree it’s just that his father did die and it would be cold for him not to reach out to his family after that. I just have this weird feeling SOMEONE knows what happened to him.

Last edited:
I completely agree it’s just that his father did die and it would be cold for him not to reach out to his family after that. I just have this weird feeling SOMEONE knows what happened to him.

Definitely agree, I would have thought Steven might have surfaced sometime after his father died even a year after maybe but nothing, so either he doesn’t know or didn’t hear about it or Steven has passed away himself so then they would be together anyway . That was very sad that Rolf passed away not knowing. I agree if Steven knows his dad passed away but still didn’t come back .....but I just don’t think so IMHO but I could be wrong.
I agree , someone knows something and it’s been nearly 10 years ,I would think it’s time to come forward. Steven owed LL rent , TH Stevens boss , GW Stevens church friend , I would think Steven would have told GW of his money and lack of relationship situation, maybe asked for advice . Somebody must know more than what they’ve said and what about Stevens Bishop or other people that attended the church, all these guys saw Steven regularly and I feel like one of them must know something, did Steven mention anything, a job, an interview, a new friend, a new relationship , something . We seem to just have nothing.

Definitely agree, I would have thought Steven might have surfaced sometime after his father died even a year after maybe but nothing, so either he doesn’t know or didn’t hear about it or Steven has passed away himself so then they would be together anyway . That was very sad that Rolf passed away not knowing. I agree if Steven knows his dad passed away but still didn’t come back .....but I just don’t think so IMHO but I could be wrong.
I agree , someone knows something and it’s been nearly 10 years ,I would think it’s time to come forward. Steven owed LL rent , TH Stevens boss , GW Stevens church friend , I would think Steven would have told GW of his money and lack of relationship situation, maybe asked for advice . Somebody must know more than what they’ve said and what about Stevens Bishop or other people that attended the church, all these guys saw Steven regularly and I feel like one of them must know something, did Steven mention anything, a job, an interview, a new friend, a new relationship , something . We seem to just have nothing.

Exactly, but GW has never sit right with me. I mean he was also in the same area that Steven was in which is a little strange to me. If they were “such good friends” why didn’t he ask him what he was doing near Las Vegas anyway? If Steven was my “good friend” I would ask him what he was doing there. Also with the LL I personally don’t believe the drug theory. In his episode on “Disappeared” the police had dogs come and sniff his car for drugs for an hour. They came to the conclusion that “there were no drugs in his car and he never had drugs in his car.”

Last edited:
Exactly, but GW has never sit right with me. I mean he was also in the same area that Steven was in which is a little strange to me. If they were “such good friends” why didn’t he ask him what he was doing near Las Vegas anyway? If Steven was my “good friend” I would ask him what he was doing there. Also with the LL I personally don’t believe the drug theory. In his episode on “Disappeared” the police had dogs come and sniff his car for drugs for an hour. They came to the conclusion that “there were no drugs in his car and he never had drugs in his car.”

I know, I feel like so much bothers me about this case but I know it was treated as a walk away in the beginning.

The situation with GW and being in the same area at the same time. I mean if I rang a friend and they happen to be in the same area as me away from where I normally live, then I would definitely say wow what are you here for , I’m here to do xyz . I just don’t know why you wouldn’t ask Steven why he was in Vegas, I mean it’s Vegas!! I’m from Australia but live in Uk so Vegas sounds exciting so I would ask. I wonder if Vegas is a place that is exciting for Mormons.
GW said Steven would normally call if he wasn’t going to make it to church and he didn’t , nothing sits right with that conversation. So Steven tells GW he is in Vegas but would come back if GW needed , GW doesn’t ask why Steven is in Vegas but wouldn’t you think Ohh your in Vegas ,are you going to church or not because also GW was going to be late and GW was hoping Steven would cover him, also Steven had duties to perform at church but never called them to say he couldn’t be there , church called him. That’s weird, I used to go to a Christian church and if you would call if you couldn’t be there if you had specific duties. So to me that’s strange in its self because Steven is a devout Mormon . And then do what you gotta do, I feel like there must have been more to this conversation.
So Steven has a noonish appointment/meeting/meetup in SCA. Which he would of blown off to help GW and go to church to cover. So it would seem it was an unimportant meeting in SCA? Or it was?
I was thinking that maybe Steven said he would cover GW to be polite but hoping GW would say don’t worry about it which is what he did. I wonder if GW had asked SK to go back if things would be different.

I know, I feel like so much bothers me about this case but I know it was treated as a walk away in the beginning.

The situation with GW and being in the same area at the same time. I mean if I rang a friend and they happen to be in the same area as me away from where I normally live, then I would definitely say wow what are you here for , I’m here to do xyz . I just don’t know why you wouldn’t ask Steven why he was in Vegas, I mean it’s Vegas!! I’m from Australia but live in Uk so Vegas sounds exciting so I would ask. I wonder if Vegas is a place that is exciting for Mormons.
GW said Steven would normally call if he wasn’t going to make it to church and he didn’t , nothing sits right with that conversation. So Steven tells GW he is in Vegas but would come back if GW needed , GW doesn’t ask why Steven is in Vegas but wouldn’t you think Ohh your in Vegas ,are you going to church or not because also GW was going to be late and GW was hoping Steven would cover him, also Steven had duties to perform at church but never called them to say he couldn’t be there , church called him. That’s weird, I used to go to a Christian church and if you would call if you couldn’t be there if you had specific duties. So to me that’s strange in its self because Steven is a devout Mormon . And then do what you gotta do, I feel like there must have been more to this conversation.
So Steven has a noonish appointment/meeting/meetup in SCA. Which he would of blown off to help GW and go to church to cover. So it would seem it was an unimportant meeting in SCA? Or it was?
I was thinking that maybe Steven said he would cover GW to be polite but hoping GW would say don’t worry about it which is what he did. I wonder if GW had asked SK to go back if things would be different.

Yep, if SK was willing to go back to St. George then clearly what he was doing in SCA was not that important. Yes, he probably would be alive today if he went back to St. George.

Yep, if SK was willing to go back to St. George then clearly what he was doing in SCA was not that important. Yes, he probably would be alive today if he went back to St. George.

I mean the way Steven left his car, it was like he was going to return. He took his car keys, phone, wallet the normal stuff you take with you. The thing I can’t believe if you took off willingly he took nothing with him (that we know of) .He Left all his clothes, computer, guitar, phone charger, journal, passport, by all accounts it didn’t seem like he was taking off for good.
I could never leave all my stuff, I know that must sound “worldly” but I couldn’t.

Just somethings I keep thinking about, Rolf didn’t look through Stevens things straight away , obviously not to disrespect but I would of looked over everything, the car, the apartment, Stevens journal, his paperwork bills etc, all the job apps. I’d like to know what types of jobs he was applying for and what was his dream job and what was stopping him from getting work??? Did he even go to interviews? I know it was previously said by Laytonian that it was like Steven was applying for jobs using the yellow pages, I find it really hard to believe a college educated guy couldn’t find a better job than handing out fliers. I work in a retail job and it’s not the best money but it pays the bills, I don’t understand how he couldn’t get a better job. What was making him seemingly unemployable?

I also wonder if Stevens journal had any leads, I would of read it from front to back.

I also wonder about Stevens job, how many days was he working, how many hours?? Stevens boss gave him $100, how many hours or days work was this for. If Stevens boss was trying to get in touch with him does that mean he was expecting Steven to work on the Monday or Tuesday. If Steven was expected at work then maybe it wasn’t a voluntary disappearance. Also did Steven keep all his bank statements, did family get any clues to Stevens spending habits. It would be interesting to see has bank statements 6 months prior to see if Steven had much savings, also did he have much savings from his previous job, if he was depositing any of his wages from handing out the fliers Because I feel like the money situation was worse than it was made to look. At first he was only behind on rent , but then he owed for utilities too, had car payments, gas , food , insurance to pay for. When the family was asked how much Steven had in his bank it was $0. So why did he spend his last $100 on gas and snacks on the RV trip.

Nothing makes sense.

I mean the way Steven left his car, it was like he was going to return. He took his car keys, phone, wallet the normal stuff you take with you. The thing I can’t believe if you took off willingly he took nothing with him (that we know of) .He Left all his clothes, computer, guitar, phone charger, journal, passport, by all accounts it didn’t seem like he was taking off for good.
I could never leave all my stuff, I know that must sound “worldly” but I couldn’t.

Just somethings I keep thinking about, Rolf didn’t look through Stevens things straight away , obviously not to disrespect but I would of looked over everything, the car, the apartment, Stevens journal, his paperwork bills etc, all the job apps. I’d like to know what types of jobs he was applying for and what was his dream job and what was stopping him from getting work??? Did he even go to interviews? I know it was previously said by Laytonian that it was like Steven was applying for jobs using the yellow pages, I find it really hard to believe a college educated guy couldn’t find a better job than handing out fliers. I work in a retail job and it’s not the best money but it pays the bills, I don’t understand how he couldn’t get a better job. What was making him seemingly unemployable?

I also wonder if Stevens journal had any leads, I would of read it from front to back.

I also wonder about Stevens job, how many days was he working, how many hours?? Stevens boss gave him $100, how many hours or days work was this for. If Stevens boss was trying to get in touch with him does that mean he was expecting Steven to work on the Monday or Tuesday. If Steven was expected at work then maybe it wasn’t a voluntary disappearance. Also did Steven keep all his bank statements, did family get any clues to Stevens spending habits. It would be interesting to see has bank statements 6 months prior to see if Steven had much savings, also did he have much savings from his previous job, if he was depositing any of his wages from handing out the fliers Because I feel like the money situation was worse than it was made to look. At first he was only behind on rent , but then he owed for utilities too, had car payments, gas , food , insurance to pay for. When the family was asked how much Steven had in his bank it was $0. So why did he spend his last $100 on gas and snacks on the RV trip.

Nothing makes sense.

I agree! If he had a college education then why was it so hard for him to find a job? Also who in their right mind would drive all over Nevada and Utah if they had financial problems? I certainly wouldn’t. His trip a couple days before he disappeared just doesn’t make sense to me and it’s like he walked off camera and disappeared into thin air.

I agree! If he had a college education then why was it so hard for him to find a job?

I live in London Uk and it was super hard to find work here in my proffession but at least I got a retail job.

Also who in their right mind would drive all over Nevada and Utah if they had financial problems? I certainly wouldn’t. His trip a couple days before he disappeared just doesn’t make sense to me and it’s like he walked off camera and disappeared into thin air.

Exactly. I mean he could have been doing anything on those trips but it seemed like visiting AN was like a last ditch effort to get the girl. But it was a very long way to go see her when she was actually staying in SLC I believe and not even there.
Another thought I had about the trip was that it seemed a bit manic and the fact that he got home at 10.30pm IIRC then left half an hour later , I was wondering if the LL was waiting for Steven when he got home. I was also wondering if the LL kept dropping in asking about the rent because we know for a fact he was calling Steven a lot. Was Steven so stressed about LL that he stayed out of the house on purpose to stop from running into the LL. LL’s wife StillLooking was quoted on here as saying they would just drop in and stay when they needed to, because they had a part of the house sectioned off for themselves. Don’t you think that’s strange too. So your home and they could be there and you wouldn’t know , creepy if you ask me.

In my personal opinion I think that’s where something happened to Steven ,Whitney Ranch was said to be not a very good area and I think Steven was picked up from SCA by a car and then taken to that area and who knows what happened from there.
I know a while back in the threads people were talking about it looking like there was a car waiting for Steven in the surveillance camera in the van window reflection . But the it was disputed to not be a car but I think it does look like he gets into a car as you can see the reflection of the car door . I just think the car is literally just at the end of frame. Not where the bushes are where it was first thought there was a car but it’s the bushes.
But I’m still at a loss to a definite who, why , where exactly....

In my personal opinion I think that’s where something happened to Steven ,Whitney Ranch was said to be not a very good area and I think Steven was picked up from SCA by a car and then taken to that area and who knows what happened from there.
I know a while back in the threads people were talking about it looking like there was a car waiting for Steven in the surveillance camera in the van window reflection . But the it was disputed to not be a car but I think it does look like he gets into a car as you can see the reflection of the car door . I just think the car is literally just at the end of frame. Not where the bushes are where it was first thought there was a car but it’s the bushes.
But I’m still at a loss to a definite who, why , where exactly....

I agree. He definitely was picked up by a car but my question is why? There are no records of him talking to anyone else except his family and friends. If only we knew why he was in SCA then we would probably get the idea of what happened to him. This case imo needs a new set of eyes.

I agree. He definitely was picked up by a car but my question is why? There are no records of him talking to anyone else except his family and friends. If only we knew why he was in SCA then we would probably get the idea of what happened to him. This case imo needs a new set of eyes.

Bingo, he only talked to friends, family ,boss and LL. That’s key IMHO. If it was a random person though I wouldn’t be surprised either, I watch the crime channel all the time and USA seems a scary place to live.
But maybe I watch the crime channel too much.

I think it does need new eyes but I also think they need to stop looking at it as a walkaway.

Bingo, he only talked to friends, family ,boss and LL. That’s key IMHO. If it was a random person though I wouldn’t be surprised either, I watch the crime channel all the time and USA seems a scary place to live.
But maybe I watch the crime channel too much.

I think it does need new eyes but I also think they need to stop looking at it as a walkaway.

Yep, this doesn’t make sense. Was there a car in the frame? I’ll have to look at the video again.

In the window reflection at the very end as he walks out a black square appears , I always wonder if it was a car door and he gets in.

Who knows could be wrong though :oops:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998