NJ NJ - Newark, BlkFem 18-40, UP17575, Tattoos: Tiara, Purple Rose, 3 Stars on Neck, Mar'18

The way the rose covers up the name leads me to think Tiara was somebody that the decedent was once close to but then broke up with, rather than her own name.

Or maybe it could just Be a really BAD Tattoo:eek:that is Supposed to Say TIARA BUT looks like it says TIANA and she hated it since she got and Finally got it covered over!
I have one of those bad tattoos that has been desperately crying out for a coverup for the last 20 yrs :D.. Just a thought I had based on my own experience.

The only contact information I can find is a couple of phonenumbers which were listed in the original article. Because I live in Europe, I’d rather not make the phonecall myself (it would likely cost me a fortune). But I hope someone else has the time and is willing to call in Mia Lynn Patterson. (Link to Mia’s namus page)

You can find the contact information at the end of this article.
Do you recognize these tattoos? Police need help IDing woman found in lake

——-

There’s another woman I came across: Seville Lynette Nichols (Namus).
The circumstances of her disappearance aren’t known, neither is the exact date she went missing on. I can only find one picture of her and it shows a tattoo in her neck. It looks like text (Tani?). But perhaps the stars in the UID’s neck were a cover-up as well (like the flower on her chest). It’s a long shot!

I'm also not able to call in anything, so I understand. I hope someone following this case will submit Mia. I'm not seeing it with Seville-- her face is too different from the sketch to me. Thanks for still looking though LeenC.

Or maybe it could just Be a really BAD Tattoo:eek:that is Supposed to Say TIARA BUT looks like it says TIANA and she hated it since she got and Finally got it covered over!
I have one of those bad tattoos that has been desperately crying out for a coverup for the last 20 yrs :D.. Just a thought I had based on my own experience.

That was one of the reasons I started looking for MP's with alternate spellings or a similar name. I can see someone getting a tattoo and it being spelled wrong. Or maybe they always wished their name was spelled differently than their legal name. I see it sometimes with kids who have unique name spellings where strangers never say their name correctly. Sometimes they start writing the more common spelling just so everyone will pronounce their name the way it is supposed to sound.

It could also be a nickname that she felt she outgrew. There is a Disney Princess named Tiana: Tiana (Disney) - Wikipedia
Maybe the Jane Doe was compared to her and everyone was always calling her Tiana when she was younger so she got a tattoo of that name. But maybe as she got older she didn't want to have to explain anymore why she had a tattoo of a Disney Princess name on her chest. So maybe she got the rose to cover it up? IDK, just another thought to consider...

I contacted the reporter on one of Mia Patterson's stories out of Detroit. It sounds like the police are keeping up with the family and they may have found her remains in Detroit, but there isn't any official confirmation on that. I did not reach out to Essex County if someone else is comfortable to get her officially ruled out.

Need your opinion on this missing girl. Shayuana Evans. I could not find other info in the regular missing persons data bases or any update that she has been found (maybe somebody can) Missing around June 8th 2017 from WA DC, 5-foot-5 and weighs around 130 pounds. Would be 17 or maybe 18 in 2018.

Police searching for missing 16-year-old girl, last seen in Northwest DC

c45c7e8d-58d7-4f23-85cc-fbbb6e328daf-large16x9_ShayuanaEvansMISSINGCROPPED.jpg

My uncertainties: I think the space between her mouth and nose is less wide and her nose seems not to turn over/down like our UID. There is something with her lips though, some kind of thickening on the lower lip. Off course that could be a missing part or a not obvious part making the recon from the PM-face, considering this UID was in the water for 3 days...but still.

Let me know what you think of it.

Need your opinion on this missing girl. Shayuana Evans. I could not find other info in the regular missing persons data bases or any update that she has been found (maybe somebody can) Missing around June 8th 2017 from WA DC, 5-foot-5 and weighs around 130 pounds. Would be 17 or maybe 18 in 2018.

Police searching for missing 16-year-old girl, last seen in Northwest DC

c45c7e8d-58d7-4f23-85cc-fbbb6e328daf-large16x9_ShayuanaEvansMISSINGCROPPED.jpg

My uncertainties: I think the space between her mouth and nose is less wide and her nose seems not to turn over/down like our UID. There is something with her lips though, some kind of thickening on the lower lip. Off course that could be a missing part or a not obvious part making the recon from the PM-face, considering this UID was in the water for 3 days...but still.

Let me know what you think of it.

Are my eyes playing tricks or is there is a shadow on her neck that looks like it could be a star? I can not find anything else about her.

I've your discussions above regarding Mia Patterson matching with this UID. I think the last known contact was made to the journalist who said LE was checking into the potential Mia had been located. Do we know anythjng else? If not I'd be willing to take this and run with it. Please read over the info below and feel free to contribute. It's time for definitive answers, y'all. :)

While investigating this UID, I came across Mia's profile and became interested in the possibility of a match. Here are some details I found interesting.

Mia is a mother. What is her child's name? Any past relationships/friendships that might involve Tiara/Tiana or some other variation?

Mia went missing in May 2017 the UID was located in March 2018. Not quite a year but within the estimated range of UID's death.

Mia was last seen in Detroit while the UID washed ashore in NJ. Quite far apart but we know travel via vehicle is probably a one day or so trip. Not impossible if killer had access to a vehicle.

Mia was 26 when she went missing which is right in line with the UID's estimated age of 18-40.

Both have really short hair though Mia's is described as brown/dark brown while the UID has black hair. That could be subjective descriptions due to different MEs. Do they use a standard hair coloring chart of some sort or is it just described by whomever is conducting the case report?

Mia's eyes are described as brown but we don't know UID's eye color.

The piercings and those stars! First, no mention of UID having any piercings but that doesn't mean she didn't have any either. That detail could have been overlooked, forgotten about, or intentionally held from media releases (don't know why it would be but it could have been).

The stars are not in the same position on their bodies but 3 stars on NECK and 3 stars on EYE?!? Who/why/huh?!? It's not like an infinity sign or zodiac sign which many people have. But stars...and three. Is there a little known symbolization of sorts for three stars? Do we know if Mia's stars were in a row or spaced triangularly, in a circle, etc., spaced closely or far apart? We've seen mistakes made regarding age, race, physical features, etc. This could have been an error or typo. I think it's worth finding out through ME pics or Mia's family.

I don't know the costs of DNA testing, dental comparisons, etc. but it seems testing these two might provide an answer that closes both cases. MOO Having said all of that regarding Mia and UID's potential match, I do have other cases I'll be soon sharing that may match with this UID. This means that I'm not overly convinced this UID is Mia, but I think it's certainly worth exploring/testing.

All above is MOO

Today (2/17/2019) I sent an email regarding the potential match of UID17575 with Mia Patterson. I will report back if/when I receive a response. Worst-case scenario is it gets ignored. Fingers crossed.

Anna Delaney, Forensic Anthropologist
(609) 584-5054 ext. 5656 | lppdelaan@gw.njsp.org
New Jersey State Police Office of Forensic Services
(609) 584-5054

Today (2/17/2019) I sent an email regarding the potential match of UID17575 with Mia Patterson. I will report back if/when I receive a response. Worst-case scenario is it gets ignored. Fingers crossed.

Anna Delaney, Forensic Anthropologist
(609) 584-5054 ext. 5656 | lppdelaan@gw.njsp.org
New Jersey State Police Office of Forensic Services
(609) 584-5054

Thank you for submitting her. Fingers crossed that you’ll hear back (soon)!

The stars are not in the same position on their bodies but 3 stars on NECK and 3 stars on EYE?!? Who/why/huh?!? It's not like an infinity sign or zodiac sign which many people have. But stars...and three. Is there a little known symbolization of sorts for three stars? Do we know if Mia's stars were in a row or spaced triangularly, in a circle, etc., spaced closely or far apart?

composite-sketch-jpg-cc8811b459a8f3d6.jpg

First, does our UID have a name? Tiara/Tiana/Star Doe or something similar? I hate calling her UID17575. She's someone. :(

Now, the question in my quote above stayed on my mind until I finally did my unprofessional random website research. It's an effort to get different perspectives, opinions, ideas, etc. Anyways I'm sharing bits of the info. I found for those who may be interested. (Disclaimer: I have no interest, personal or business, to any of these sites.)

Perhaps some of the knowledge we gain will help identify UID17575. :)

Star Tattoo Meanings, Ideas, and Pictures

Star Tattoo Meanings, Ideas, and Pictures
Updated on November 1, 2018
151127_100.jpg

jaymz
more

Jaymz has held numerous jobs in several states, but no matter where he lives, he always has a job as a tattoo artist, as well.

12860395_f520.jpg

There are several reasons and meanings behind star tattoos. Sometimes they symbolize one's hope of becoming a star or one's goals and determination to reach for the stars. There are also certain types of star tattoo designs that have specific meanings attached to them. Think through the symbolism and the design with your tattoo artist. Usually, they can take your idea and turn it into something even better.

Common Meanings Associated With Star Tattoos
  • Hope
  • Ambition
  • Finding one's way
  • Stardom
  • A desire to achieve high goals
  • Success or accomplishment
  • A bright and shining point in your life
  • An interest in astronomy
  • A challenge to conquer
  • Religious faith (see below)
  • Transformation
  • You are a fisherman or sailor
  • The Navy Seal or Coast Guard
  • Individuality or uniqueness
  • The birth of a child
Of course, like with any other tattoo, stars don't have to have a particular meaning—they can just be a pretty design.

SNIP

13745789_f520.jpg

Riahanna star tattoo | Source
Star Tattoo Ideas and Meanings
There are a myriad of star tattoo designs and each carry their own symbolism.

SNIP

Three-Star Tattoo:
If the stars are aligned in a sequence with each star being bigger than the last, then this tattoo represents a journey that was taken. An actor or actress might get this tattoo to mark the journey they took from being a small-town actor to becoming an A-list move star.

Multiple Stars:
A string of tiny stars is a very popular design to get, especially for women because it looks pretty. Most people will add a star to the design every time they achieve something so that every star becomes a symbol of accomplishment.

SNIP

Common Star Tattoo Body Placements and Their Meanings

For Women:

SNIP

• Neck:
    You are a risk taker or a dare devil. You make bold choices, and you're not afraid to be a little crazy.

SNIP

Star Tattoo Colors and Their Meanings

SNIP

1. Black:
    A simple black star tattoo could stand for a very strong message while also being modest and elegant.

#
    The article above has interesting comments from readers too. Some give new meaning to stars. ;)

Next:

TATTOO SYMBOLISM: Star Tattoo Symbolism

Star Tattoo Symbolism

STAR SYMBOLISM

The star symbolizes honor, achievement, hope, divinity, intuition, the feminine and guidance.

SNIP

For centuries, the symbol of the star has been used to reference divinity, intuition, the feminine, hope and guidance. Stars offer the ability to guide us through the night. They can also refer to your need to discover their own inner light. Stars exists above us as well as within us. They encourage us to trust in something much greater than ourselves.
One of the most popular associations to the Star is its reference to our aspirations, dreams and hopes. They represent our ambitions and desires. They remind us that when things may appear to be out of our grasp, through diligence and faith we can travel beyond our current limitations.

SNIP

Fivepointed star :

...used in the flags of some 35 countries, both Western and Eastern. Its first appearance on a national flag is believed to have been in 1777, when the United States of America declared itself an independent country.

SNIP

...the sign for the planet Venus as the Morning star and the goddess of war.

SNIP

Stars, estoiles and mullets are often confused because of their similarity, which is not helped by the fact that no definite lines have ever officially been followed regarding their specific differences.

In England
Estoliles: stars with wavy rays are called estoiles
An estoile can have any number so one must be provided

Mullets: when "stars" have straight lines they are called mullets.
A mullet has five points unless another number is specified, which it often is.

So technically there is no such thing as a star in English symbolism.

#

Copying my post from Mia's thread.
#

I received the following. Ms. Delaney's contact information is publicly displayed on UID17575's NamUs page. However, please delete if not allowed by Rules and TOS. tia

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
##

date: Feb 19, 2019, 1:40 PM
subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] NamUs UID17575 and Mia Patterson

Anna Delaney <LPPDELAAN@gw.njsp.org>
Feb 19, 2019, 1:40 PM (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

Thank you for sending me a potential match. I will take a look at both cases to see if I have the information needed to make a match or exclusion.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna W. Delaney, M.A.
Forensic Anthropologist
New Jersey State Police/
Office of Forensic Science
Forensic Anthropology Unit
1200 Negron Road
Hamilton, NJ 08691
lppdelaan@gw.njsp.org
609-584-5054 ext: 5656 or 5655
cell: 609-475-5094
##

IF/when I hear more I'll update here. Fingers crossed that Mia might been home soon! :)

Mia Patterson needs to get ruled in or out. Seems like that reporter is no longer with that publication. Her twitter handle is there, but I don't have an account. Can someone please submit Mia?

Thank you for submitting her. Fingers crossed that you’ll hear back (soon)!

Please, please please!!

As I promised I would update:
Mia Patterson has been excluded as a match to this UID. As of today she is the only exclusion listed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back