IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Chicago police spokesman tells @ABC: "As of 10am this morning, there was a dialogue between prosecutors and Jussie's attorneys. We are hopeful that we’ll have a chance to ask the questions that we have."

MORE: "It doesn’t matter what the investigation shows; if you have information that's helpful to law enforcement, it behooves you to contact authorities and share that. We have been been very diplomatic and have been working with him and his attorneys."

Chicago police spokesman to @ABC on Smollett case: "We got information and we want to run (it) by him. If the opportunity is not taken [to come in], we’re going to go with other methods to create a culture of accountability.”

One last comment of note from the CPD spokesman: "No evidence was presented to a grand jury on behalf of the Smollett case yesterday."

Rob Elgas on Twitter
Imagine if any commoner behaved the way JS is — “Won’t you pretty please come in and talk with us? We’ll have the interrogation room catered for you.”

I thought the feds may have been the one to ask Foxx to recuse herself. It turns out she was secretly working for JS and who knows who else:
Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself from the Jussie Smollett investigation after speaking to one of the “Empire” actor's relatives and acting as a go-between with Chicago police, an aide said.
Chicago Tribune on Twitter

I wonder if the feds are getting search warrants on her.

I thought the feds may have been the one to ask Foxx to recuse herself. It turns out she was secretly working for JS and who knows who else:
Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself from the Jussie Smollett investigation after speaking to one of the “Empire” actor's relatives and acting as a go-between with Chicago police, an aide said.

These seems pretty outrageous to me.

What? She was teaming up with him?

Would the scary two suspects (LMBO) have gone before her?

I thought judges are suppose to be neutral?

What happened to judges remaining neutral and not picking sides?

This is becoming more bizarre by the minute.

Sigh.

If the assault on Smollett was staged, then wouldn't his allegations constitute a hate crime against his imaginary "white" attackers? Is it a new era where data and prevalence of hate crimes against white people needs to be brought to the surface? Hypothetically, could a white woman who is raped by a man from any other race also be a victim of a hate crime - hate of women and hate of white people?

Nope, it likely wouldn't be a hate crime, for various reasons according to the definition of the law and how it's applied.

If he made a false report, that's a crime in and of itself. And no, all crimes aren't hate crimes. Hard stop.

New from TMZ.

2:20 PM PT -- Chicago PD says Jussie is now "officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation" ... and detectives began presenting evidence Wednesday afternoon to the grand jury.

TMZ

Straight People: If Jussie Smollett Lied We Don't Owe You an Apology

Straight People: If Jussie Smollett Lied We Don't Owe You an Apology

Of course people are bothered. Jesus, how could anyone not be? Look, I’m not going to decide right now if it really was faked because at this point, it won’t even matter. Now that the idea that he faked it has entered the discourse, people who want to believe it was staged are -- no matter the outcome -- going to see it the way they want to and never change their minds. The truth is, whatever happened doesn’t change anything about being LGBTQ in America. I’ll let the folks who care more about celebrity drama deal with Smollett’s problem; I’m more concerned about what people think it means.

I do believe the data show that (in the full report linked on the FBI page) - 17.1% were victims of anti-white bias, which is horrible. I have heard of the argument for sex crimes also being hate crimes - certainly, rape has been used as a tool for genocide in other countries (Romania, Rwanda, Darfur to name way too many). I don't believe this is a zero-sum game...one person's victimization definitely does not negate another's, no matter the color. We all have a stake in acknowledging and speaking up against hate. That definitely includes Jussie Smollett's hate.

Well said, @Reasonable & Just. Thank you for saying it.

bbm

Not sure. Don’t DA‘s usually speak with ”victims“ and their family/friends when they are classified as such? Or do they need to wait until they are classified as true victims?

What? She was teaming up with him?

Would the scary two suspects (LMBO) have gone before her?

I thought judges are suppose to be neutral?

What happened to judges remaining neutral and not picking sides?

This is becoming more bizarre by the minute.

Sigh.

She's the elected prosecutor for Cook County and it sounds like she was feeding case info to at least JS's family. This may have been in part why JS was stalling in order to see what all they had on him (and possibly others).

Imagine if any commoner behaved the way JS is — “Won’t you pretty please come in and talk with us? We’ll have the interrogation room catered for you.”

I have to admit, I've never seen anything like this case.

It does show how one sided justice can be depending on who you are.

Lady Justice is to always remain blind so that justice is equally served for all.

Seems that depends on who you are. Then I guess it's okay for her to peek out from underneath her blindfold.

Sigh.

Imo

Not sure. Don’t DA‘s usually speak with ”victims“ and their family/friends when they are classified as such? Or do they need to wait until they are classified as true victims?

She wouldn't be recusing herself for doing her job. That's why I'm taking the reading of it that I am as otherwise it makes no sense for her to recuse herself precisely for the reason that you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff