IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight People: If Jussie Smollett Lied We Don't Owe You an Apology

Of course people are bothered. Jesus, how could anyone not be? Look, I’m not going to decide right now if it really was faked because at this point, it won’t even matter. Now that the idea that he faked it has entered the discourse, people who want to believe it was staged are -- no matter the outcome -- going to see it the way they want to and never change their minds. The truth is, whatever happened doesn’t change anything about being LGBTQ in America. I’ll let the folks who care more about celebrity drama deal with Smollett’s problem; I’m more concerned about what people think it means.
That is an odd statement. Who would expect them to apologize to straight people. Only one who needs to apologize to anyone is JS.

BREAKING: Jussie Smollett Is Now A Suspect In A Criminal Investigation For Filing A False Police Report

Detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County Grand Jury, police say.

CBS 2 obtained exclusive video of two men linked to the attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett buying a red hat and ski masks from a store the day before the assault.

The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo placing the masks and a hat on the counter. Smollett has claimed two men wearing a similar hat and masks attacked him on Jan. 29 in Streeterville, according to police. CBS 2’s Charlie De Mar made multiple phone calls and visited several stores to obtain the video.

Police official: Smollett suspected of lying about attack

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi also said Wednesday that detectives and two brothers who were earlier deemed suspects in the Jan. 29 attack were testifying before a grand jury.

Smollett’s attorneys, Todd Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, met with prosecutors and police earlier Wednesday afternoon. It’s unknown what was discussed or whether Smollett attended the meeting. The attorneys didn’t reply to requests seeking comment.​

The truth is, whatever happened doesn’t change anything about being LGBTQ in America. I’ll let the folks who care more about celebrity drama deal with Smollett’s problem; I’m more concerned about what people think it means.

Sorry lady. This case is not about LGBTQ. It is about an act motivated by prejudice and the associated hateful actions perpetrated by a now criminal suspect. Too bad you don't get that prejudice happens across the spectrum regardless of your membership.

Originally I thought they said Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself because she was a distant relative, or something.

Sam Charles‏Verified account @samjcharles
Records show Vic Henderson, one of Jussie Smollett's attorneys, gave $250 to Kim Foxx's campaign in 2016. Foxx recused herself from the investigation yesterday, citing "potential questions of impartiality based upon familiarity with potential witnesses."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam