IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
New statement from @SAKimFoxx spokeswoman: "Shortly after the incident occurred in late January, State’s Attorney Foxx had conversations with a family member of Jussie Smollett about the incident and their concerns..." 1/3

More: "...and facilitated a connection to the Chicago Police Department who were investigating the incident. Based on those prior conversations and out of an abundance of caution, last week State’s Attorney Foxx decided to remove herself from the decision making..." 2/3

"...in this matter and delegated it to her First Assistant Joseph Magats, a 28-year veteran prosecutor.” quote attributable to Tandra R. Simonton, Chief Communications Officer. 3/3

Rob Elgas on Twitter

I'm all for caution in no appearance of impropriety but conversations with a family member seems like a lot of caution. I wonder what was discussed, did she give them privileged info?

This is why I've been giving this the side-eye. Talking to family members of VOC is pretty much her job and not at all improper. However, feeding confidential criminal case information is another matter...

But the method acting "defense" doesn't explain why he would be prancing around back to his building with a noose necklace! Take that thing off...geeesh!

It seemed odd that keeping it around his neck seemed like 'evidence' of anything. He could have held it in his hand and it would be just as evidential. Keeping it around his neck is no more proof of anything than it would be if he handed it over to them.

And if someone was truly trying to strangle me with a noose, I couldn't get that rope off fast enough. Continuing to walk alone at midnight in the Chicago streets, after being jumped, with a rope around my neck? NEVER. :eek:

I wonder if all of these attorneys are going to be working pro-bono for him? His net worth is supposedly around $500,000, and something tells me his income is going to kind of dry up soon. Add to that a possible restitution judgement in the millions, and the attorneys may have to stand in line for their payment.

I firmly believe there are deep pockets behind him. Ever since the recusal I hopped on that train. But I also firmly believe these folks will never be known.
JMHO

Lol. I guess Fox 32 is waiting for some action and we get to see a beautiful aerial view of Chicago in the meantime.
JUSSIE SMOLLETT NOW A SUSPECT: Police say "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett is now officially a suspect for filing a false police report (Class 4 felony) regarding his alleged attack in Chicago. A Class 4 felony can carry a prison sentence of 1 to 3 years, and also a fine up to $25,000. MORE: Officials: Jussie Smollett now a suspect for filing a false police report

Juan Williams: “I think he’s mentally ill!” No Juan, you can’t justify it so easily to let him off the hook. I think Jussie had a huge chip on his shoulder and was ready to speed up the process to prove America is a racist, homophobic country. He had enough narcissism to believe he could pull it off and enough hate for the current administration to fuel it. He fell flat on his face. What a comeuppance when he thought he’d have fans supporting and comforting him. Instead he had his nemesis, Trump, sympathizing (before the hoax was apparent) about what a horrible thing to have happened to him. What a waste of time and energy and resources for this idiot.

It seemed odd that keeping it around his neck seemed like 'evidence' of anything. He could have held it in his hand and it would be just as evidential. Keeping it around his neck is no more proof of anything than it would be if he handed it over to them.

And if someone was truly trying to strangle me with a noose, I couldn't get that rope off fast enough. Continuing to walk alone at midnight in the Chicago streets, after being jumped, with a rope around my neck? NEVER. :eek:
He was worried that CPD body cams would cause a commotion in the apartment building with the neighbors but walking through the lobby, going up the elevator and walking down a hall with a noose around your neck wouldn't raise any eyebrows with the neighbors?

He was worried that CPD body cams would cause a commotion in the apartment building with the neighbors but walking through the lobby, going up the elevator and walking down a hall with a noose around your neck wouldn't raise any eyebrows with the neighbors?
Not if he made police dress like the Empire cast first!

Good question. Seems like there would have to be an actual plaintiff — could there be a civil suit brought by another party or organization? I think it would be a tough lawsuit to prove, to say the least. Since there isn't an actual plaintiff to speak of, damages would be really challenging to suss, imo.

Illinois defamation law:
Illinois Defamation Law | Digital Media Law Project

Illinois Libel & Slander Law:
740 ILCS 145/ Slander and Libel Act.

(I wonder if "injurious falsehood" might be applicable? More in section 10 at this link)
Common Law | Without My Consent

I believe that the City or County is the plaintiff. In cases where someone such as this is screaming hate crimes, homophobic complaints and requiring LE to add patrols and dedicate additional detectives not to mention lab expenditures etc. there should be retribution. Cities and County budgets have limited ways to go to hire and par LE.

JMO

New York has prosecuted fake / false hate crimes numerous times. Ones that were constantly on social media and bandied 24/7 on MSM.

I will not be surprised if this ends up in court because that is the way Geragos rolls. Maybe it will be televised on the new Court TV. Just saying.

I believe that the City or County is the plaintiff. In cases where someone such as this is screaming hate crimes, homophobic complaints and requiring LE to add patrols and dedicate additional detectives not to mention lab expenditures etc. there should be retribution. Cities and County budgets have limited ways to go to hire and par LE.

JMO

What you describe wouldn’t be slander or defamation, though, which is the question I was answering. That’s a civil court issue.

There are ways to recoup funds spent that are tied to any false police reports made. That’s a separate issue from the question I answered.

Maybe he thought it would be in keeping with the "MAGA country" theme.

Last edited:
Maybe he is known for kink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member