Identified! GA - Woman found off 320 in Franklin County - Leslie Adams

How sad. :(
I always think about Tara Grinstead when I hear about a woman found in Georgia.

Prayers for the family of this poor victim. :(

How sad. :(
I always think about Tara Grinstead when I hear about a woman found in Georgia.

Prayers for the family of this poor victim. :(

OMG, I was thinking Tara too, especially since the victim has been there awhile. They must know it is a woman based on clothes?

Yep, thinking Tara here, too.

I'm in Alabama but I can't place Franklin County in GA. How close is this to Ocilla?

About 270 miles NNE of Ocilla. Very close to South Carolina border, I think.

Thanks. So, far enough away to make it less likely that it's Tara, but it definitely still could be.

Thanks. So, far enough away to make it less likely that it's Tara, but it definitely still could be.

With all the strange undercurrents in Tara's case it could be her. So many layers that GBI is having a heck of a time sifting through all the nuances and people.

The article says, "The GBI hopes to have a clothing description of what the victim was last wearing by Tuesday."

Today is Tuesday. I hope that they reveal the clothing. Would this help to determine if it were Tara? Has it been reported what she may have been wearing last?

http://www.wneg32.com/servlet/Satel...icArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173351197669&path=

Unidentified as yet. The body has been there for awhile--current estimate 3 years. I drove this road right past her for years! :(

Pandora, is this the same story?? Or another body? This one is in Dekalb?

Dismembered Body Found In DeKalb

POSTED: 8:35 am EDT May 15, 2007
UPDATED: 12:12 pm EDT May 15, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- NOON UPDATE: Investigators are checking a nearby landfill to see if any body parts were dumped there.

10:00 UPDATE: Police say children on their way to school discovered the body.

Police are investigating a dismembered body found in a DeKalb County neighborhood Tuesday morning.

Investigators told Channel 2's Tiffani Reynolds the body was found in the 2000 block of Charter Road.

A can of gasoline was found near the body, indicating someone may have planned to burn the body, according to police.

Check back with wsbtv.com for more on this developing story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13321178/detail.html

I don't believe it is.....I will start a thread for this one......scary!!!!!

Sounds like two different ones to me... first one (this thread - link in first post)
<snip>
....residents found the remains Sunday while working in the woods off of Akin Road and Highway 320. ....

and the second one found off Charter Road...

Pandora, is this the same story?? Or another body? This one is in Dekalb?

Dismembered Body Found In DeKalb

POSTED: 8:35 am EDT May 15, 2007
UPDATED: 12:12 pm EDT May 15, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- NOON UPDATE: Investigators are checking a nearby landfill to see if any body parts were dumped there.

10:00 UPDATE: Police say children on their way to school discovered the body.

Police are investigating a dismembered body found in a DeKalb County neighborhood Tuesday morning.

Investigators told Channel 2's Tiffani Reynolds the body was found in the 2000 block of Charter Road.

A can of gasoline was found near the body, indicating someone may have planned to burn the body, according to police.

Check back with wsbtv.com for more on this developing story.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13321178/detail.html

I don't believe it is.....I will start a thread for this one......scary!!!!!

Yes now we have two bodies showing up in Ga.

The article says, "The GBI hopes to have a clothing description of what the victim was last wearing by Tuesday."

Today is Tuesday. I hope that they reveal the clothing. Would this help to determine if it were Tara? Has it been reported what she may have been wearing last?

Yes, it would. The FBI VICAP site says it is assumed that Tara was wearing Grey New balance shoes and black sweat pants. That site is the only site reporting what she may have been wearing as much about this case is very tight lipped.

Carnesville--where the first body in this thread was located--has two exits off I-85. The body was found at the intersection of 320, so it was the fourth exit from the South Carolina line.
DeKalb county is about 60 miles south on I-85 from Carnesville.

The area in Carnesville is very rural. Franklin County has the distinction of being the poultry capital of the world! There are millions more chickens than people! :)

To my knowledge, there are no missing persons in FC. I'd guess this is a body dump from the interstate. Hopefully, it won't take to long to ID. :(

Carnesville--where the first body in this thread was located--has two exits off I-85. The body was found at the intersection of 320, so it was the fourth exit from the South Carolina line.
DeKalb county is about 60 miles south on I-85 from Carnesville.

The area in Carnesville is very rural. Franklin County has the distinction of being the poultry capital of the world! There are millions more chickens than people! :)

To my knowledge, there are no missing persons in FC. I'd guess this is a body dump from the interstate. Hopefully, it won't take to long to ID. :(

Please be sure and listen to your local news for any clothing description. TIA.

Please be sure and listen to your local news for any clothing description. TIA.

I actually don't live there anymore, but I read the papers everyday.

Ironically, the local Franklin County Jail is only about a mile down the road from where the body was found.

I actually don't live there anymore, but I read the papers everyday.

Ironically, the local Franklin County Jail is only about a mile down the road from where the body was found.

I see. I have been checking and no update yet.

Sounds like two different ones to me... first one (this thread - link in first post)
<snip>
....residents found the remains Sunday while working in the woods off of Akin Road and Highway 320. ....

and the second one found off Charter Road...

Hiya Magic...yeah, duh, I wasn't reading very well.

Here is the thread on the dismembered body...no info yet.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49474

http://www.examiner.com/a-728691~Skeletal_remains_found_near_Interstate_85.html

The special agent in charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Athens office -- John Heinen -- says it could be a few days before a forensic anthropologist with the agency is able to determine the person's identity, age and cause of death. Heinen says officials have determined that the remains are those of a woman.

Map of area and more info at link above.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2007/may/15/agents-continue-investigate-skeletal-remains-found/

Agents continue to investigate skeletal remains found near I-85

So far, about 40 percent of the remains have been recovered. Mr. Heinen said it&#8217;s still too soon to determine if foul play is involved. The remains have been identified by forensic anthropologist Rick Snow as that of a woman. He estimated the bones have been there for at least three years. More of the remains must be found before work can begin on making a positive identification.
For now, investigators can do nothing but stand and wait until the rest of the creek is drained, a process they hope will be completed today.
&#8220;Then we&#8217;ve got the terrain to deal with after that ... It&#8217;s going to be another messy day for us,&#8221; Mr. Heinen said.
He said they have had a number of calls from law enforcement agencies and families who reported missing persons going back three years or more, but as long the rest of the bones remain buried in the mud, there&#8217;s little chance of finding out who the woman is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back