The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So typical of the press. Before the Wedding Meghan could do no wrong. Now she cant do anything right.

That is the British tabloid press unfortunately and it can have tragic consequences like what happened to Princess Diana. It must be very difficult to have your every move and action scrutinised.

La Louve please don’t go I am the one in the wrong. I have deleted my posts.

Why is the baby shower horrifying to me?

She can ger together with her besties and have a fun gag shower. She can get together with besties and send gifts to places that need things such as diapers in Meghan’s name.

Or they can send feminine products. Anything.

Meghan does not need things from her wealthy friends. She can buy any dang thing she needs and wants.

Did she have a list at her favorite stores so her besties could buy what she wants? It is so absurd.

They could have given her a photo album of her as an infant and on up. Funny stories from mom and friends. So much fun stuff instead of things she can buy herself.

They can spend money as they wish, but in light of the fact that Camilla has a charity that she sponsors for poor children it really gets me.

I worked with families in poverty and there was a crisis nursery for families to bring their children if they needed respite or emergency babysitting. They were always begging for items such as diapers.

She can ger together with her besties and have a fun gag shower. She can get together with besties and send gifts to places that need things such as diapers in Meghan’s name.

Meghan does not need things from her wealthy friends. She can buy any dang thing she needs and wants.

Did she have a list at her favorite stores so her besties could buy what she wants? It is so absurd.

They could have given her a photo album of her as an infant and on up. Funny stories from mom and friends. So much fun stuff instead of things she can buy herself.

They can spend money as they wish, but in light of the fact that Camilla has a charity that she sponsors for poor children it really gets me.

I worked with families in poverty and there was a crisis nursery for families to bring their children if they needed respite or emergency babysitting. They were always begging for items such as diapers.

Right, and I am sure that these rich people give to charity. Why can't they just have fun? Pick out outrageous gifts.

I don't have the best attitude for people who live in poverty, can't afford diapers, and keep having babies. Their lives are always a crisis. JMO.

Right, and I am sure that these rich people give to charity. Why can't they just have fun? Pick out outrageous gifts.

I don't have the best attitude for people who live in poverty, can't afford diapers, and keep having babies. Their lives are always a crisis. JMO.

Exactly. The stupid women! They married a guy who ditched them for another woman. And they work and hide their money under the table.

Other stupids have been sexual abuse victims since childhood and they think that sex is the way of love and this new guy will love them.

Or maybe they had an accident that made it so they could not work or something fun like cancer.
Losers!

I mean really. If Meghan's friends threw her a baby shower at the local Applebee's, people would be whinging about how cheap all her rich friends are and that they didn't celebrate her baby in the appropriate way.

She's their friend, married recently to a wonderful guy, and she's having her first baby. Why wouldn't they want to shower her in celebration?

Her friends live a different lifestyle than she does. They seem to have way more money, are much more established than she is, and so on. Yes, they have every right to throw their friend a lavish baby shower. They can afford it and it's within their lifestyle.
If I had a millionaire friend (I don't), I would still purchase a baby gift. For rich people baby showers are not about receiving practical and necessary gifts in order to help parents cut down on the cost of buying baby items; it's simply about gifting a friend for the fun of it.

0A3CE024-372A-49DB-934C-AFA7A36A7510.jpeg

Meghan Markle is back in Britain early this morning after her extravagant half a million dollar trip to New York City where she partied for five nights with her celebrity friends, MailOnline can reveal today.

The Duchess of Sussex landed in her private jet at Farnborough Airport in Hampshire after a £200,000 round trip to America following a baby shower thrown by Amal Clooney, Serena Williams, her Suits co-stars and other VIPs.

Meghan, who is seven months pregnant, was whisked away from the UK's most exclusive airport in two blacked-out Land Rover Discovery vehicles containing her security team, luggage and gifts.

Meghan Markle back in UK on £200k private jet after NYC baby shower | Daily Mail Online

Meaghan had millions before she met Harry. She wasn't exactly poor. Just saying.

[JAN 10, 2018]
Markle has starred on the television drama “Suits” since 2011 and earns about $US50,000 per episode, according to knownetworth.com and Town & Country Magazine.

But the actress also makes around $US80,000 a year from sponsorships and endorsement deals, bringing her annual salary to about $US450,000. Celebritynetworth.com estimates Markle is worth $US5 million.

Meghan Markle is about to leave behind a surprisingly relatable life to become Britain's first-ever American princess -- see her former house, car, and wardrobe

Meaghan had millions before she met Harry. She wasn't exactly poor. Just saying.

[JAN 10, 2018]
Markle has starred on the television drama “Suits” since 2011 and earns about $US50,000 per episode, according to knownetworth.com and Town & Country Magazine.

But the actress also makes around $US80,000 a year from sponsorships and endorsement deals, bringing her annual salary to about $US450,000. Celebritynetworth.com estimates Markle is worth $US5 million.

Meghan Markle is about to leave behind a surprisingly relatable life to become Britain's first-ever American princess -- see her former house, car, and wardrobe

They also have Prince Harry’s £22 million inheritance from Princess Diana.

With all the negative writings about Meaghan I'm hoping she's not stressing as this can affect the bub.
Looking at this pic at the airport Meaghan appears to have dropped so maybe the baby could be born earlier than expected.
10074606-6727355-image-m-26_1550709494806.jpg

It is very sad indeed I really wish Princess Diana was still here to see her children and Grandchildren she would have been in her element.

<modsnipped- please take personal information to the conversation inbox area.>

Last edited by a moderator:
50B79D88-D694-4672-A255-92E4A9C7BFB6.jpeg

Violent protests have taken place in Morocco - just days before pregnant Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are due to arrive in the country.

Police fired water cannons at campaigners, many of them teachers, and beat people with truncheons as they marched towards a royal palace in the capital Rabat.

Several were clubbed to the ground by officers during the protest, held yesterday exactly eight years after the birth of a Moroccan Arab Spring movement that awakened a spirit of activism in the North African kingdom.

Violent protests rock Moroccan capital just days before Meghan and Prince Harry are due to arrive | Daily Mail Online

This trip is a bad idea.

Wow. If a close friend is having their first baby, I would really want to give them something special from me no matter what their income or mine is. There is nothing wrong with that.

One of the guests at Meghan Markle's $300,000 baby shower is opening up about her afternoon with the Duchess of Sussex.

Gayle King said on CBS This Morning that she and other guests were taught how to arrange flowers at the party, and that Markle then donated those arrangements to various charities.

She also said that she could not reveal the gift that she purchased for Markle because the guest of honor did not open any of her presents, choosing instead to wait until she got back to London and was with Prince Harry.

Meghan Markle and guests made floral arrangements that were donated to charity at baby shower | Daily Mail Online

Since this thread is getting to be anything but light-hearted and entertaining, I thought I’d revive an old thread that’s nothing but, that some of you might be interested in. It’s all fun. No non-fun observations allowed! It’s expanded to differences in phrases not just between Americans and Brits, but also Aussies, Scots, and Irish.

Dead Giveaways You're a Brit

You might be surprised, especially here in the US. I've worked in the non-profit charity world for a couple of decades. Nearly all contributions come as small donations from non-wealthy people. Larger donations, in the $500 to $5,000 range come from corporations who request their company logo be prominently displayed on web sites and other publicity materials. Occasionally, you see very large donations from people who have their name displayed on a hospital wing or research facility, but those are very rare.

The average charity that does real work serving people in the community on a day to day basis in the US receives their funding from small donors and/or government grants. The ones that mostly do PR work and "raising awareness" survive on small donations from average folks and large corporate sponsorships engaging in "cause marketing" - using charity linked advertising campaigns to sell products.

Cause marketing - Wikipedia

Charities that depend on small individual donors spend as much as 50% to 70% of their revenues on fundraising. Much of this advertising, etc. is classified as "education", "outreach" or "raising awareness" to make fundraising costs appear to be program related. The most expensive fundraising campaigns are "events" like races, walks, gala dinners, and similar events. The advertising costs alone for large public events are very expensive, as is the cost of hiring event managers, staff, etc.

In the US, most wealthy and extremely wealthy people pay very little taxes these days, so there's no longer an incentive to make contributions to local charities. I've seen very wealthy people make charitable donations, but its usually no more than anyone else - $100 or $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa