SYRIA - Shamima Begum, 15, joined ISIS, can return for UK citizenship fight, Feb 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Shamima Begum, Kadiza Sultana & Unnamed Teen Girl
3girlsmetpolice-1-762x428.jpg

Scotland Yard said Friday it fears that three missing teenage girls are en route to Syria through Turkey to join the terrorist group Islamic State. It appealed through social media to try to convince them to return home before they cross the border. Shamima Begum, 15, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and an unnamed 15 year old, all from London's Bethnal Green Academy, flew during their mid-term break from London's Gatwick Airport to Istanbul on Tuesday, according to London Metro Police.

The third girl is not being named at the request of her family. Shamima is possibly traveling under the name of Aklima Begum, police said. The girls, shown on airport surveillance video, are friends with a fourth student who went to Syria in December.

Police commander Richard Walton, of Scotland Yard's counter terrorism unit, said the three — described as "straight-A students" and "normal girls" — were last seen on Tuesday when they gave their families "plausible reasons" to be out for the day.

They then boarded a Turkish Airlines flight, which landed in Turkey that evening.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge-girls-turkey-syria-islamic-state/23732401/
Vanished: Kadiza Sultana (left) and Shamima Begum are two of the three girls police want to trace
Girls.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-schoolgirls-recap-updates-after-5197626

U.K. missing teenagers likely ‘out of reach’ in Islamic State territory
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/24/shamima-begum-amira-abase-and-kadiza-sultana-islam/
U.K. officials say that three missing teenage girls who flew to Turkey to join up with the Islamic State group are likely in Syria. Shamima Begum, 15, Amira Abase, 15, and Kadiza Sultana, 16, disappeared on Feb. 17. The girls flew boarded a Turkish Airlines flight out of Gatwick Airport south of London and have not been seen since.
The Metropolitan Police said in a statement on Tuesday that officials “now had reason to believe that they are no longer in Turkey and have crossed into Syria. Officers continue to work closely with the Turkish authorities on this investigation,” BBC reported.
more at link.

They have been captured on CCTV at a bus station in Turkey for 18 hours calmly waiting to board a bus for Syria:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/01/europe/turkey-uk-missing-girls/

They are definitely now in Syria.

I was was hoping for more conversation here about these girls (and others like them). It fascinates anger and disgusts me that young, Western born women are feeling this is a good plan. What kind of kids are these that see beheadings and burning people alive in cages and crucifixions and heads on stakes and think, "Yeah. This sounds fun! I want to go marry on of those guys. And never be free to return. And never see my family again. Sleep in my bed. Listen to pop music. Watch western tv. Go to the movies."

There was actually a good article recently on the motivation of young western girls and women who join these groups. It doesn't fully explain things to me but it's interesting. Let me see if I can find it.

At least two of three of the girls are already married and widowed within the space of a year. If they still reside in Raqqa, the capital of the 'islamic state', all i have to say is a huge US-Coalition-Russia offensive is in the works to take Raqqa back. They have leaflet dropped telling people to get out of the city (which, people cant actually do). As much as i feel bad for them (bright teenage girls blindly falling for propaganda, going off to hell on earth), I feel even worse for their families. They are never making it out of Syria alive. They might have been killed already, as contact was lost with their family in England in mid December 2015.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/briti...ho-fled-uk-to-join-isis-already-widows-2016-1
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...a/news-story/4105de4116095c0ac288598e429d6377

Sadly for her, if IS found out she was trying to leave she would likely have met with a much worse fate.

She has no regrets about going to Syria, where her two children died and she saw severed heads in bins. Enemies of Islam deserve what they get, she says.

But she wants medical care for her unborn child.

She is unrepentant.

Providing she could actually get back then I'd take her back, not for her sake but for the babies. The baby can be given to her parents or put up for adoption and she can be jailed for terrorism offences. Regardless of whether she was actually fighting or not she was a member of a banned terrorist group.

EU states say taking ISIS recruits back "not as easy" as Trump thinks

Donald Trump demands Europe bring ISIS foreign fighters home for trial, Europeans say "not as easy as" he thinks - CBS News

Then there is the question of what to do with the wives and children of European jihadis. The case of a British teenager who ran away to join ISIS, has given birth to a baby boy and now wants to return to the U.K. has ignited debate in Britain about how to deal with citizens trying to leave Syria now the extremist group is collapsing.

Last edited:
In Shamima Begums' case:

Shamima Begum will not be allowed here, says Bangladesh

Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there is “no question” of her being allowed into Bangladesh, the country’s ministry of foreign affairs has insisted, setting up a clash with the UK after Sajid Javid’s move to strip the teenager of her UK citizenship.

In a letter dated 19 February, the government informed Begum’s family that it had stripped her of her British citizenship. The 19-year-old was one of three schoolgirls who left their home in Bethnal Green, east London.

Begum, who is living with her son in a refugee camp in northern Syria, is of Bangladeshi heritage but she has said that she does not have a Bangladeshi passport and has never been to the country.

I have to say, why are these women not treated as terrorists? They cooked, cleaned, assisted, provided sex and babies, perhaps cleaned and loadsl ordinance. They went over there voluntarily. Specifically to become Jihadi brides. Now that it is over, they want to be viewed as innocent girls who made a BIG mistake? Taqiyya.

Another incident, this time the USA:

Hoda Muthana, who says she made a mistake in joining the group and now wants to return with her 18-month-old son, has no “legal basis” to claim American citizenship.

‘ISIS bride’ who says she was born in N.J. banned from returning to U.S., regrets leaving home to join terror group

This may get interesting.

She was young- Absolutely. MOO she is still young, immature, + full of entitlement. And I understand Stockholm Syndrome, but...

She has stated the sight of decapitated heads did not bother her and she hasn’t regretted going. She just wants to return since IS has been defeated. I’m sure all those harmed want their peaceful lives back too. :(

That she wants the US to provide her help to “ensure she doesn’t repeat her actions” is just mindblowing.

And then there is her child. US courts usually forbid a parent from taking a child from the other birth parent. So how would this work?

Another incident, this time the USA:

Hoda Muthana, who says she made a mistake in joining the group and now wants to return with her 18-month-old son, has no “legal basis” to claim American citizenship.

‘ISIS bride’ who says she was born in N.J. banned from returning to U.S., regrets leaving home to join terror group

A federal court ruled Monday that Hoda Muthana does not deserve special treatment as part of her quest to return to the United States with her 18-month-old son.

The ruling means her case will not be fast-tracked.

Hoda Muthana, who married into ISIS, won't get fast-tracked case, federal judge rules

A federal court ruled Monday that Hoda Muthana does not deserve special treatment as part of her quest to return to the United States with her 18-month-old son.

The ruling means her case will not be fast-tracked.

Hoda Muthana, who married into ISIS, won't get fast-tracked case, federal judge rules
Thanks for the update. - from the article
...”The case also raises questions about some of the protections American citizens, especially immigrants who become American citizens or U.S. nationals who commit crimes or partake in potentially treasonous activity abroad, enjoy under the law: Should they be entitled to due process? Is there a higher burden to prove their citizenship?”

I don’t know. If she had wanted to return when things were going well for ISIS (and her personal situation,) and realized “what have I done? I want to go home to the country and family I love!”, I’d be more sympathetic.

But she didn’t. So, yea I’m skeptical of her remorse and her loyalty.

(Eta: source of quote)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back