Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29

Thread #30
Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40

Thread #41
Thread #42
Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

ABSOLUTELY NO MORE OFF TOPIC STORIES! THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JAYME. FEEL FREE TO TAKE YOUR OFF TOPIC STORY TO A PRIVATE CONVERSATION. IF ANYONE POSTS THEIR PERSONAL OFF TOPIC STORY WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC TIMEOUT.

Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)

Excellent points human...it also mean he’ll be in civi clothes or suit come trial time.

My fear isn’t he doesn’t get LWOP. My fear is public thought in 30 years. They could feel in 30 years LWOP is cruel and unusual..
And gain more knowledge on mental defects..thus leading to release in 30 years.

If u would told somebody in 1980 in 35 yrs from now pot would be legal, trans surgery must be covered by law, and terrorist treatment matters, most would laugh.

Societies get softer. That one Dutch guy shot 20 kids ? Only 25 yrs in prison... hope to hell we never get that soft.

Wisconsin needs to revisit death penalty and
Create a quick path...
RB I don't see how, in any way, JP will get anything BUT LWOP. He brutally murdered 2 people and kidnapped and did God only knows what t Jayme for 88 days.

I agree society can get softer in some things, but not in a gruesome case like this. The public is demanding justice from state-to-state all across America.
Bye JP! :mad::oops:

MOO

Excellent points human...it also mean he’ll be in civi clothes or suit come trial time.

My fear isn’t he doesn’t get LWOP. My fear is public thought in 30 years. They could feel in 30 years LWOP is cruel and unusual..
And gain more knowledge on mental defects..thus leading to release in 30 years.

If u would told somebody in 1980 in 35 yrs from now pot would be legal, trans surgery must be covered by law, and terrorist treatment matters, most would laugh.

Societies get softer. That one Dutch guy shot 20 kids ? Only 25 yrs in prison... hope to hell we never get that soft.

Wisconsin needs to revisit death penalty and
Create a quick path...

Agree with all. Major offenders are released onto the streets. Who would have ever thought that would occur? It has gone too far/too soft. Get off of the traffic violations unless they are major. Get on the major crimes. Seriously. One maybe only needs to think of the almighty dollar to think of what some of the reasons might be...

With regard to the letter written, could he be trying to put out there that “Jayme ran away” meaning ran away from home with him voluntarily and now going to say that he just confessed to protect her or something sort of off like that. Just sneaking it in and getting it out there before it is brought up in court by his lawyers.

Not saying I believe that, just wondering if that might be the motive for the letter.

I too think it is possible and it crossed my mind that this is part of the intent here. The defense has to do something and has an obligation to give him the best defense possible if they follow the ethics they are to have (laywer joke no offense to our lawyers here or anywhere :) . They do not have many options. Victim blaming is not unheard of for a defense, look at most rape cases.

Another thought I had is if realized this is where the defense may be heading at some point, maybe to avoid the victims and family going through this courtroom saga and their attempt to do such a thing, it may put pressure on for a deal (another slight win for JP as anything is better for a sentence than what he is facing).

I in no way am saying I believe any such thing but it is one concern I had on reading this letter along with a few others that something is intended here... It could also be JP simply playing a game for attention. And he has it... Most have forgotten him you know :oops:

From that article:

"Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said the letter "appears" to be from Patterson, but he couldn't say with certainty when contacted by a reporter Tuesday. He said investigators are working to ensure the letter didn't violate Patterson's bond, which prohibits him from contacting Jayme or the Douglas County residents who helped her following her escape last month.

As long as it's not a bond violation, Patterson has the legal right to write whoever he wants, Fitzgerald said. "

So, the letter 'could' be from JP. Yep, he has at least one 'fan'. Ugh!

Going with the thought of his other personality hurt him, maybe his other personality wrote to him and then he answered himself with a letter in response? (He would not need postage or a postmark as the jailers know it is one and the same guy) But with remarks to Mexican food, JC believe his friend/his alter lives probably south of the border in his head?

We are giving him an insanity defense with these remarks ;)

Forgive me for the kind of not very nice comments, we are to forgive and understand that he loves animals....

It was your last remark Jim, that made me think of this--that it could be "from" him and he has at least "one" fan. I thought you meant he wrote to himself... Scary thought but...

I too think it is possible and it crossed my mind that this is part of the intent here. The defense has to do something and has an obligation to give him the best defense possible if they follow the ethics they are to have (laywer joke no offense to our lawyers here or anywhere :) . They do not have many options. Victim blaming is not unheard of for a defense, look at most rape cases.

Another thought I had is if realized this is where the defense may be heading at some point, maybe to avoid the victims and family going through this courtroom saga and their attempt to do such a thing, it may put pressure on for a deal (another slight win for JP as anything is better for a sentence than what he is facing).

I in no way am saying I believe any such thing but it is one concern I had on reading this letter along with a few others that something is intended here... It could also be JP simply playing a game for attention. And he has it... Most have forgotten him you know :oops:

Whatever game JP is playing, whatever attention he is seeking, let us hopefully view this as his "last hurrah!"

He will be sent away with at least two LWOP verdicts. He will spend the rest of his life staring at four walls, a bed, and a commode.

In time, he will definitely be forgotten IMO :)

• Anyone entering the courtroom will be searched for weapons, except for staff and on-duty police. No handbags, backpacks, carry-ins or coats will be allowed. Cell phones must be powered off and stowed out of sight. Only designated media will be allowed to use laptops, but reporters are forbidden to record or stream audio or video of the proceedings.

• The back row on each side of the courtroom will be reserved for media. In the past, this rule has allowed no more than 12 journalists (sitting close together). A live video feed will be offered to media members unable to witness the hearings in person.

• No more than 48 people will be admitted to the bench seats in the courtroom. Spectators won’t be allowed to “wear clothing or display signs or any other items expressing sympathy or support for either the defendant or victim.”

• The Sheriff’s Department will take over regulating media parking. There will be reserved spaces for trucks and vans as space allows.

• As was the case in previous hearings, only Minnesota-based KSTP-TV will be allowed to take video, which will be shared with other media. Two still cameras will be allowed in the courtroom, but the shutters must be silent and flash is prohibited

Taking it pretty seriously. Biggest case there has ever been with such international media coverage here I suppose. Can't wear things that support the victim or the defendant, etc.? I think a jury can figure out who is who over days of a trial. Who is brought to tears over what testimony, who tries not to glare at a defendant, etc. Who is sitting where quite often. I do not doubt this is probably recommended these days by our system/possibilities of giving the defendant every dam*ed chance, but tons of things already contribute to showing that in all cases...

Can the victims' family mouth I love you to the ceiling for their lost loved ones? If PP's dad can do it to him?

Not meant against PP as much as I am just saying such rules can be put in place but... Seems mostly always for the rights of the defendant more than the victim in our nation these days...

Edited to fix a sentence.

If it were effective then they probably would. However, the opposite is true. Violent crime rates have declined at a higher pace in non-death penalty states than in death penalty states.

Either way. He's never going to be released.

I used to think that way. Until I see governors/parole boards/mayors or whatever releasing LWOP murderers, etc. Who knows 30 years from now? I would rather believe what you state however... And some states with the DP cannot even execute anyone for decades upon decades of their time on death row. I will go no further as it gets into a different discussion.

I hope and pray you are right. It used to be what I would say.

Whatever game JP is playing, whatever attention he is seeking, let us hopefully view this as his "last hurrah!"

He will be sent away with at least two LWOP verdicts. He will spend the rest of his life staring at four walls, a bed, and a commode.

In time, he will definitely be forgotten IMO :)

A bed?? What happened to "a cot"??? :eek:o_O Sounds a bit too nice...

It should have been a "bed of nails"! You're correct, I was being nice. I will do better (worse?) in the future moo :)

You do not have to go where I go--a bed of porcupines would have been good enough. Or poison ivy. Or a Murphy bed that dysfunctions when he lays down and slams up against the wall. Okay, I have to stop now. I think the KB case details have had a huge effect.

I love your purple ribbon. Serenity?

You do not have to go where I go--a bed of porcupines would have been good enough. Or poison ivy. Or a Murphy bed that dysfunctions when he lays down and slams up against the wall. Okay, I have to stop now. I think the KB case details have had a huge effect.

I love your purple ribbon. Serenity?

The KB, CC, SLP, and so many more cases, appear to be mangling our nerves & perceptions.

JC's case was devastating. Then miraculous in her rescuing herself. And you had to go and put that vision of his bed slamming up into a wall :p

Yes. The purple ribbon was acquired for little Serenity. All those hopes. IMO we maintain hope to keep the JP's away from our realized nightmares.

The KB, CC, SLP, and so many more cases, appear to be mangling our nerves & perceptions.

JC's case was devastating. Then miraculous in her rescuing herself. And you had to go and put that vision of his bed slamming up into a wall :p

Yes. The purple ribbon was acquired for little Serenity. All those hopes. IMO we maintain hope to keep the JP's away from our realized nightmares.

I love this comment.

In first sentence, did you mean JC? Drawing a blank on who you mean otherwise? But I am only following a handful of cases. Yes, SLP and KB these days, wow. These people walk amongst others every day, the JPs and the PFs and the RJPs. I had to really think to get initials right too. I started out my first case on here with just following JC. Now it is getting to the point..

Anyhow, yup, I have no problem with him having a dysfunctional Murphy bed :) Even a pillow, who knows where it will land when the bed slams against the wall. So yah, give him a bed. And a pillow. On a bad day, with the facts in some of these cases, one needs to picture something like that :D

I mean he thought it was okay to barricade her under a bed.

I should probably settle down...

I love this comment.

In first sentence, did you mean JC? Drawing a blank on who you mean otherwise? But I am only following a handful of cases. Yes, SLP and KB these days, wow. These people walk amongst others every day, the JPs and the PFs and the RJPs. I had to really think to get initials right too. I started out my first case on here with just following JC. Now it is getting to the point..

Anyhow, yup, I have no problem with him having a dysfunctional Murphy bed :) Even a pillow, who knows where it will land when the bed slams against the wall. So yah, give him a bed. And a pillow. On a bad day, with the facts in some of these cases, one needs to picture something like that :D

I mean he thought it was okay to barricade her under a bed.

I should probably settle down...

Sorry about all the initials. CC is Cheryl Coker. And you can settle down, or not! I prefer to get the anger at these inhumane people 'out' in various constructive ways. Some here can do it so much better than I. imo :)

Sorry about all the initials. CC is Cheryl Coker. And you can settle down, or not! I prefer to get the anger at these inhumane people 'out' in various constructive ways. Some here can do it so much better than I. imo :)

Venting and discussing are how normal people do not kill these perps. imvho. and normal people (not that i am normal lol) never kill innocents. I agree venting is needed. Which is why I picture the Murphy bed too :eek: and added in a comfy pillow.

I figured it was a case that you had correct initials but I did not recognize. I don't know that case but do believe I have seen the name referenced.

Do not be sorry about the initials, I followed all except the CC, and only because not a case I am familiar with. And myself had trouble coming up with the perps I mentioned by initials in my response.

Could be because in my head I am designing a Murphy bed that does not function right to sell to prisons... lol.

Some times I think we need our own Devil's Island for convicted perps of these type horrendous crimes. One of those Alaskan Islands that run out from Southern Alaska towards Asia perhaps.

Couldn’t agree more. Ray Laiotta in no escape is great movie.

I still say allow prisoners to be used for cancer research. We give cancer to animals and try cure them even though it doesn’t guarantee anything in regards to humans..

Do same to prisoners. If they go through treatment give em cable and perks. Win/ win.

Couldn’t agree more. Ray Laiotta in no escape is great movie.

I still say allow prisoners to be used for cancer research. We give cancer to animals and try cure them even though it doesn’t guarantee anything in regards to humans..

Do same to prisoners. If they go through treatment give em cable and perks. Win/ win.
I used to advocate sending the convicts to coal and uranium mines to toil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back