IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the logic here. He was not happy with his salary...... So being a victim of a hate crime would make him so popular with the Empire viewers that it would warrant a pay raise?
Such a DUMB idea.

Just think if he had done something good, got attention for it, became more popular, and got more money because of increased popularity. That might work.

Or, just think if he had done something good....just because he could and got no personal benefit. You know, just like most decent people do.

jmo

Last edited:
The odd thing in this is that Jussie had the perfect occupation to draw attention to hate crimes against LGBT in a perfectly legal way. He could have produced a Youtube simulation of that attack, he could have produced a play, he could have had it written into a script. He had tons of legal ways to draw attention.

He was literally flying back from a read through of a play about a hate crime, this had nothing to do with raising awareness of hate crimes, this was about Jussie raising attention of Jussie

IMO Chicago law enforcement and court system will be very harsh on JS, they will want to make an example of this.
Not a good idea to try to make LE look bad!

I'm glad the Supt repeated that gun-violence victims deserve this much attention from the media. And I'm glad local citizens were recognized for their assistance in the case..

The odd thing in this is that Jussie had the perfect occupation to draw attention to hate crimes against LGBT in a perfectly legal way. He could have produced a Youtube simulation of that attack, he could have produced a play, he could have had it written into a script. He had tons of legal ways to draw attention.

What a dumb***
Yep.

He was in a great position to do good....and he didn't.

jmo

The Latest: Police: Smollett sent racist letter to himself | Daily Mail Online

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson says "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett "took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career."

Johnson also said at a news conference Thursday that Smollett sent a racist and homophobic threatening letter to himself at the Fox studio lot before the attack. He says Smollett was dissatisfied with his salary.

[...]

At CPD briefing, CPD Supt: "Absolute justice would be an apology to this city that he smeared, um, admitting what he did and then be man enough to offer what he should offer up..."
And pay for all of the expenses that his stunt racked up- every last penny- lawyers, detectives, LE. Along with an apology as well as being sincere by doing community service of hard labor of some sort, like maybe help build homes for the poor or cook food at a homeless shelter. Get this little weasel's hands dirty like the rest of us!

Ok - first of all - HI!!!! very very very long time but I've found my way back (for any of you out there that were here back in the day).

This has me sickened and saddened.

He wrote/composed the hate letter.
Didn't get him the attention he wanted.
So enlisted the 2 brothers (who were financially challenged and therefore easily encouraged) to stage this "crime"
Paid the brothers with a CHECK no less (so very easily traceable)

All for what?
His salary?
His career?
His ego?

Shame shame shame.

The serious time and charges will come from the letter - as that is FBI (federal) territory. I am now wondering if he will be charged with domestic terrorism because of that letter.

This isn't over - not by a long shot.

Content of his character!!!!!!!!!

IMHO

That was probably one of the best LEO Press Conference I've seen. That Superintendent put it ALL out there. I don't recall a LEO just come out and say that when a Defendant did a certain thing that it "pissed us off". Most people don't stop and think that during some of these "investigations" call for them to authorize overtime and dedications of resources. This one has shown to be fruitful, but many do not. Hopefully this one makes up for the many that are not as fruitful, and the butt chewing that he has gotten over his years. That Super is one that I'd love to share dinner and a beer or two with.

LEO

I don't get the logic here. He was not happy with his salary...... So being a victim of a hate crime would make him so popular with the Empire viewers that it would warrant a pay raise?
I think there's a lot more to it. Like, political affiliation and things. JMOO, IMHO, MOO. I could be wrong. *shrug*

So much for that salary increase. Bet the Empire folks are pissed off now too.
The way he treated his co-workers is another example of his selfishness. He put the two brothers at risk of going to jail, of course, and he also put ALL of his co-workers on the show in a very uncomfortable position - do they defend him, doubt him, remain silent? Whatever they did, there would be critics....through no fault of their own. And now they are left to figure out what to do with the storyline on the show. It's not the worse thing in the world in comparison to all the crimes we follow, but purposefully causing stress and confusion to your co-workers is so self-centered and disrespectful.

jmo

The show is a re-imaging of King Lear with him like Cordelia and a desire to keep the show going as long as the ratings hold. With his celebrity he could propel himself to becoming the new lead. Just from what I know of the show, I was expecting that to happen anyway, but the show could have been cancelled by then. This is why I'm side-eyeing Frank and others as they stand to benefit if the show got back its ratings since it tanked after season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie