CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot & murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kern County Sheriff's Office searching for missing girl

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Kern County Sheriff's Office is searching for a missing girl who hasn't been seen in nearly a month.
76cab6f4acaefff3094e78f417f95f71.jpg

Baylee Despot has been missing since April 25, according to her mother.

Anyone with information on Despot's whereabouts is asked to contact KCSO at 661-861-3110.

Article: https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/kern-county-sheriff-s-office-searching-for-missing-girl
Arrests: https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/searchArrests?firstname=Baylee&lastname=Despot&city=

Well ... a new story and her disappearance may be connected to another missing person - Micah Holsonbake.

The suspicious disappearances of Baylee Despot and Micah Holsonbake

Here's where the case takes a mysterious turn-law enforcement confirms there's a possible link between the disappearance of Baylee Despot and the disappearance of 34-year-old Micah Holsonbake.

Holsonbake was last seen in Bakersfield at the end of March, about a month before Baylee was last seen. He was last seen near Flower Street and Mt.Vernon Avenue, but police won't say more than that.

Investigators confirm that Baylee and Micah knew each other. Bakersfield Police are handling Micah's case, while KCSO is handling Baylee's disappearance. The agencies confirm they're in communication with each other.

To continue what I was saying at the end of the last thread - I don't believe SB lives here in Bako. That reinforces my belief that he wasn't at the house on Pony Mountain Road the night of James' death - at least not til late in the evening, if that. I don't believe he was there at all, as a result of re-watching the first episode of Dr. Phil a few times. (If so, I wonder if he came to town later, after everything went sideways)

There is a SM post from earlier that day - a pic taken at a restaurant in another town, of him with family.

If that theory is correct, why would he have been so adamant about James not coming to the house? This only solidifies my thought that SB is the distributor.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, there is a question as to whether or not the SM accts I found are, in fact, SB's. If I'm able to find a solid verdict either way, I'll post that. I've got more info pointing toward it being his than not at this point, though.

I'll correct what I've posted if it turns out I was wrong.

To continue what I was saying at the end of the last thread - I don't believe SB lives here in Bako. That reinforces my belief that he wasn't at the house on Pony Mountain Road the night of James' death - at least not til late in the evening, if that. I don't believe he was there at all, as a result of re-watching the first episode of Dr. Phil a few times. (If so, I wonder if he came to town later, after everything went sideways)

There is a SM post from earlier that day - a pic taken at a restaurant in another town, of him with family.

If that theory is correct, why would he have been so adamant about James not coming to the house? This only solidifies my thought that SB is the distributor.

Don't base theories on the Dr Phil Show. All the people in the neighborhood that night wouldn't of been there otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two different versions of the story of that night were told on the Dr. Phil show.

I was basing it on the sum of the info I've seen so far.

I believe some of the info I'd found was that of a sibling, so it's looking as if he may live in town, after all. There is some conflicting info out there, but there is definitely not enough to say that he lives out of town.

However, I still don't believe he was at the house that night - at least not until later in the evening. That opinion stands alone, though - I'm not saying that I believe he was responsible for what happened to James - just that he wasn't there all night.

Don't base theories on the Dr Phil Show. All the people in the neighborhood that night wouldn't of been there otherwise.

This is what has me a little stumped as to how things went down that night and whether SB was at the house the whole time. It may not matter, but I'm trying to understand exactly what went on and I have several questions. Was James over there to begin with and then SB wanted him to leave? In the taped segment, nothing was said about SB owing James money. (Ryan does say later that he found that part out after the fact)

In the taped segment on episode 1 of Dr. Phil, Ryan says, "I was at someone's house, and the homeowner was like, 'tell your brother to leave, I'm gonna have my boys come and they're gonna come strapped' and my brother was in the driveway...as I turned the corner we passed each other - my brother, instead of exiting the neighborhood, had made a U-turn, and parked behind a car, and as I was pulling out of the main street, I heard a..."

After the taped segment, Dr. Phil introduces Ryan, gives his condolences and asks what happened the night James was killed, and Ryan says:

"Well, as you heard on the tape, I was at someone's house and he (James) called that person - that person owed him money, and the guy said, you know, to have him not come over here, and 'if I have to, I'll have my boys come over and they'll come strapped and take care of the problem'...and I was like, 'well, if he shows up, don't worry, I'll take care of it', and I was asked to take somebody else that was there out of there. On the way back, the homeowner called and said, 'Hey, your brother's out front, my boys are on their way right now!''

I'm a little thrown about SB owing James money, too. We hear that said, (reportedly by SB) and then a little later, Dr. Phil says something about Ryan having funneled $18K and that Ryan was actually the intended target because of that.

Dr. Phil could've spoken in error, of course. I'm just hoping someone else's understanding of it can help me make sense of it.

Can anyone tell me when Baylee began dating MQ? My understanding is that there was another boyfriend before him, but after her estranged husband.

I'm a little thrown about SB owing James money, too. We hear that said, (reportedly by SB) and then a little later, Dr. Phil says something about Ryan having funneled $18K and that Ryan was actually the intended target because of that.

Dr. Phil could've spoken in error, of course. I'm just hoping someone else's understanding of it can help me make sense of it.
My understanding is that Ryan had funneled money, and sb owed James money. Both are large amounts- which makes me believe it’s tied more to guns than drugs

Dr Phil, episode 1 - Di says she was shocked to see the criminal backgrounds of the names tied to this social circle. She said one of the names had a previous murder charge. Has anyone come across an individual who this could be? Possibly someone who hasn't been mentioned before. Using initials of course.

My understanding is that Ryan had funneled money, and sb owed James money. Both are large amounts- which makes me believe it’s tied more to guns than drugs
So hard to know because there is good and fast money in all these underground worlds.

Can anyone tell me when Baylee began dating MQ? My understanding is that there was another boyfriend before him, but after her estranged husband.
I haven't heard about this before, but it would be good to know if there was another guy. On her Instagram there are photos of Baylee kissing someone on a motorcycle. It looks like another female because of the braid. Caption says something like, I miss my Gemini twin. Possibly just a close friend. But I have yet to discover who that person is.

Dr Phil, episode 1 - Di says she was shocked to see the criminal backgrounds of the names tied to this social circle. She said one of the names had a previous murder charge. Has anyone come across an individual who this could be? Possibly someone who hasn't been mentioned before. Using initials of course.
RH

I haven't heard about this before, but it would be good to know if there was another guy. On her Instagram there are photos of Baylee kissing someone on a motorcycle. It looks like another female because of the braid. Caption says something like, I miss my Gemini twin. Possibly just a close friend. But I have yet to discover who that person is.
It’s a girl, you can find her instagram easily bc she comments on Baylee’s pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy