Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen her missing poster in the local shops but not noticed much more coverage
I thought this would have more coverage as this seems very alarming a young girl disappearing heading for work

In broad daylight. It’s always worrying when it’s day time I feel and especially sounds like it is totally out of character for her, she sounds like a reliable girl.

“Thames Valley Police will be holding a press conference tomorrow in connection with a missing person investigation following the disappearance of Leah Croucher.

One week following the last confirmed sighting of Leah, Chief Inspector Neil Kentish will be joined by members of Leah’s family, and statements will be read.

Ch Insp Kentish will also be available for media interviews.

The press conference will take place tomorrow (22/2) at 11am at Milton Keynes Police Station, 302 North Row, Witan Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 2DS.”

Media invitation – Press conference - Leah Croucher missing person investigation

I logged into this this morning honestly expecting her to have turned up.

I wonder if LE searched the lake before or after the CCTV was found. It's possible that in the first instance they suspected foul play from within the family, as the initial report was of a daughter missing from 10pm last night (we think at home) made the following day (perhaps when she didn't return from work and they realised she hadn't even been to work).

Then when LE found the CCTV they became less suspicious of the family and started looking outside.

I know LE often look to family first as this is statistically likely. That is NOT me saying I think the family are suspicious, I am trying to look for explanation as to why LE searched the lake when there seems no reasonable evidence that she might have fallen in.

Hopefully the press conference will be illuminating.

Does anyone know whether LE have searched South Loughton Valley Park or the Tellytubbie Hill area? I've only heard of them searching the big lake. It would make sense to me to search the park area as it's near Buzzacott Lane where she was last seen - it's probably already been searched, just haven't seen anything about it in MSM.

Police divers searching Teardrop Lakes in Milton Keynes in the search for Leah Croucher who went missing a week ago. @5_News

Katherine Nash on Twitter

(Video at link)
Ah, the Teardrop Lakes are what I previously referred to as South Loughton Valley Park. I hope they don't find her there but I'm glad they're being searched just in case.

In her statement, her mum said: “Leah is a bright, confident and loving 19-year-old.

“She loves fantasy fiction, both reading it, writing it, and publishing it herself on the internet.

“She loves watching DVD box sets in her bedroom.

“She doesn’t really like pubs or clubbing much and generally comes home by 1am at the latest if she does go out.

“She is a family-orientated person who cares deeply about her family and her friends. She is kind and generous and always helps people any way she can.

“She loves taekwondo and attends classes with her dad.

“We are going on a family holiday in just under two weeks which Leah was really looking forward to. She had helped us pick out the hotel at the airport the night before.

“She has an excellent sense of humour and her cheeky side shines through.”

-Source: wirralglobe

“It is totally out of character for Leah to go missing. She hasn’t spoken to any family or friends, she hasn’t used her bank cards and hasn’t been on social media during this time.

“We need your help to find Leah. Have you seen her? Have you spoken to her? Have you heard someone talking about seeing or speaking to her?

“We also would like to hear from anyone with CCTV or dash-cam footage from Furzton, Emerson Valley, Shenley Lodge, Knowlhill and surrounding areas on Friday 15th February between 8am to 11am.

“If you have any information whatsoever, please contact us. We have set up a special website for this investigation, where information can be left. Alternatively, you can visit a police station or call 101, quoting 43190049929.

Total MK

“Perhaps these pictures of Leah will jog someone’s memory. Leah is white, slim, with below shoulder length brown hair and sometimes wears glasses.

“She was last seen dressed in a black coat, skinny black jeans, black Converse high top shoes and carrying a small black rucksack.

“Leah is known to travel on foot through the Furzton area and into Knowlhill.

“We have been carrying out a thorough investigation to find Leah and have created a dedicated team to this case.

“We have carried out house to house enquiries, knocking on about 4,000 doors, searched areas including Furzton Lake, and have been handing out leaflets in the city.

“We also have specially trained officers who are supporting Leah’s family at this difficult time.

“Leah’s family and friends intend to hand out leaflets in Milton Keynes at the weekend, and MK Dons Football Club has kindly agreed to run our appeal on their big screens at their game against Newport County tomorrow.

“Overnight we have had two unconfirmed sightings of Leah in the Knowlhill area, where searches are currently taking place. I want to thank everyone who is helping to find Leah and reiterate my appeal to anyone with information to come forward.”

Total MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member