NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

As far as I know, the Landlord nor GW have had much to say...while they seem to be the last to have contact with Steven.

How annoying is this that these are the last few people in contact with Steven and there’s just nothing, even boss TH another last person to try to contact Steven and nothing much from him either.
You would think that they had more info than what they’ve said.

Does anyone know if the police ever found Steven’s phone?

No one has found it to my knowledge

Idk he definitely got into a car because if he walked for a long time then SOMEONE would’ve seen him.

Exactly, it seems like no one in the sca knows anything, no one saw anything, no one heard anything :(

The thing that bothers me about sca ,is that it’s a retirement community, I feel like a younger guy like Steven parking in the cul de sac would of been noticed and if there was a car waiting somewhere IDK but wouldn’t you think someone would notice. I feel like elderly people would be all over that and nosey why the cars are parked there.
I know suv lady was cleared ,she drove in as Steven walked up ,how she did not notice him IDK. I mean she turned around in the cul de sac she she would have to have avoided his car right? I don’t see how she didn’t see him and it was quiet , no other cars around. Also when ever I go anywhere I’m always aware of my surroundings and people especially in a 55+ community you would wonder why a young guy parked there .
If i was her I would of watched where he went.

I will say though I didn’t think it was odd in the perspective of that parking space if he knew he didn’t have to go very far, he must of known he was only going round the corner.
I only mention the car space because loads of people thought it was odd. Just my thoughts

The thing that bothers me about sca ,is that it’s a retirement community, I feel like a younger guy like Steven parking in the cul de sac would of been noticed and if there was a car waiting somewhere IDK but wouldn’t you think someone would notice. I feel like elderly people would be all over that and nosey why the cars are parked there.
I know suv lady was cleared ,she drove in as Steven walked up ,how she did not notice him IDK. I mean she turned around in the cul de sac she she would have to have avoided his car right? I don’t see how she didn’t see him and it was quiet , no other cars around. Also when ever I go anywhere I’m always aware of my surroundings and people especially in a 55+ community you would wonder why a young guy parked there .
If i was her I would of watched where he went.

Like how did she not see him he was literally right there!!! I would’ve watched him too tbh.

I just looked at his pings it’s all very odd.

Steve Koecher Calls - Google My Maps

I know Stevens car was found in sca and they did a couple of searches out the way but wouldn’t it make more sense to do searches around the Russell Road and I95 , that was the last ping IIRC.
I think they should do more searches in that direction considering it was last place his phone pinged.

I know Stevens car was found in sca and they did a couple of searches out the way but wouldn’t it make more sense to do searches around the Russell Road and I95 , that was the last ping IIRC.
I think they should do more searches in that direction considering it was last place his phone pinged.

I agree like why not check the last place his phone pinged? It makes the most sense tbh.

I agree like why not check the last place his phone pinged? It makes the most sense tbh.

Exactly :D

Also why did his phone ping in a target parking lot?

The thing I was wondering was the pings triangulated? Because even it pinged in a certain place isnt it a 3 mile radius around that ping so basically it could have been within 3 miles of that ping if it wasn’t triangulated . If it was and that was the exact spot then who knows?
If he was starting a new life he could have been buying some new clothes , but it really could have been anything also he may have only been walking past target he may not have even gone in and might have received a text message or call while he was walking past target.

The thing I was wondering was the pings triangulated? Because even it pinged in a certain place isnt it a 3 mile radius around that ping so basically it could have been within 3 miles of that ping if it wasn’t triangulated . If it was and that was the exact spot then who knows?
If he was starting a new life he could have been buying some new clothes , but it really could have been anything also he may have only been walking past target he may not have even gone in and might have received a text message or call while he was walking past target.

True but I don’t understand why he would walk that distance to get the the Whitney Ranch area. But who knows.

True but I don’t understand why he would walk that distance to get the the Whitney Ranch area. But who knows.

TBH we don’t even know if for sure Steven was even with phone though, if he was , I heard the Whitney Ranch area was dodgy so if someone did something to Steven obviously they were dodgy , so the area makes sense if someone else had the phone.
I mean it really depends on how everything played out, I think Steven was taken that area by car but then after that you could insert any story

Speculation-Like one of my theories, LL sent SK to sca to meet with one of his friends or associates because of the prescription pill business to do a job to make up for the rent, they then drove to the Whitney ranch, Stephanie street, Russell Road, I95, (those areas where phone pinged) there’s dodgy apartments, near Whitney ranch IIRC or maybe they were near Stephanie st , after doing some ‘jobs’ doing the prescription pill business maybe SK could have been taken to those dodgy apartments to be beaten up or murdered because of the rent he owed to LL and SK knowing about the prescription pill business
But this is just my speculation based on what we’ve learned in these threads put together with some of the facts. Things could have happened slightly different,

Or you could insert a different story
Speculation-Another thought I had was GW talked of feeling guilty and someone asked him about Wendover, Vegas and Wendover are gambling places , maybe GW had gambling debt and asked SK to go pay a payment on behalf of him because of being worried about not having full payment, SK is told to go to meeting in sca and not having full payment the people GW owed took it out on SK beating him up or killing him in those dodgy apartments in Whitney ranch. Phone ditched off Russell Road.

Or insert different story from webrocket
Speculation-Meeting up with big daddy warbucks, going up to Whitney Ranch area, lots of restaurants- they go to lunch, target -SK picks up some new clothing, toiletries whatever he needs , hotels- also in this area ,they stay a couple of days , Steven ditches his phone off Russell Road,off they go.

Or another story
Speculation- SK tells GW of his money situation and being depressed and worried about having no money and owing rent. SK asks GW for help if knows someone who can give SK a job, GW has a friend or someone he knows who can help SK , GW has a friend pick up SK from sca because it’s a safe area to leave car and SKs parents would find it quick . SK picks up new clothing or toiletries from target , SK and GWs friend stay a couple of days in Whitney Ranch area then take off for SK new life in some other place. Hence GW feeling guilty that SK won’t see his family again.

You really could put any story in there.
These are just speculation

The reason I also mention Steven going by car in my scenarios than being harmed in someone’s home is that it would be super brazen in retirement community I would think, the dodgy apartments in the Whitney ranch area seem more likely area for something bad to happen but not to say it wouldn’t have happened in a home in sca it could have but I think it’s less likely.

I mean the way Steven left his car, it was like he was going to return. He took his car keys, phone, wallet the normal stuff you take with you. The thing I can’t believe if you took off willingly he took nothing with him (that we know of) .He Left all his clothes, computer, guitar, phone charger, journal, passport, by all accounts it didn’t seem like he was taking off for good.
He most likely was planning on returning to the car. Although I think he had misc. overnight items in his car.

Just somethings I keep thinking about, Rolf didn’t look through Stevens things straight away , obviously not to disrespect but I would of looked over everything, the car, the apartment, Stevens journal, his paperwork bills etc, all the job apps.
Rolf looked through Steven's items piecemeal. Rolf admitted in the Disappeared interview how overwhelming the process was. As a side note, that is the reason why his passport wasn't found until much later.

I’d like to know what types of jobs he was applying for and what was his dream job and what was stopping him from getting work??? Did he even go to interviews? I know it was previously said by Laytonian that it was like Steven was applying for jobs using the yellow pages, I find it really hard to believe a college educated guy couldn’t find a better job than handing out fliers. I work in a retail job and it’s not the best money but it pays the bills, I don’t understand how he couldn’t get a better job. What was making him seemingly unemployable?
The recession was vicious. Even though GDP began to grow again in June 2009, massive layoffs, long-term unemployment, and underemployment lingered well into 2012-2013. I am not sure what jobs he applied for. Perhaps in addition to traditional office jobs, he applied for Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, etc. retail jobs, but received no call backs. Between 2008 and 2013, retailers had been flooded with applicants.

I also wonder about Stevens job, how many days was he working, how many hours?? Stevens boss gave him $100, how many hours or days work was this for. If Stevens boss was trying to get in touch with him does that mean he was expecting Steven to work on the Monday or Tuesday. If Steven was expected at work then maybe it wasn’t a voluntary disappearance. Also did Steven keep all his bank statements, did family get any clues to Stevens spending habits. It would be interesting to see has bank statements 6 months prior to see if Steven had much savings, also did he have much savings from his previous job, if he was depositing any of his wages from handing out the fliers Because I feel like the money situation was worse than it was made to look. At first he was only behind on rent , but then he owed for utilities too, had car payments, gas , food , insurance to pay for. When the family was asked how much Steven had in his bank it was $0. So why did he spend his last $100 on gas and snacks on the RV trip.
He probably was not working too many hours in that job, since his bank account was empty. His mom was able to retrieve his bank records from at least November through December 12. From what I understand, she worked in the same bank where he had an account. Maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. As far as rent and utilities, I know that he was behind, but I think that the landlord agreed to cover certain utilities. However, Steven was all alone in the house. His housemate moved out the month before. I don't know if Steven's financial obligations at the house increased as a result.

So why did he spend his last $100 on gas and snacks on the RV trip.
Maybe he was optimistic that the new year would include a new job.

Nothing makes sense.
You can say that again.

Snipped
But really we don't know if him parking at SCA was the beginning, middle or end of some any type of job related activity he was participating in. But when he got there he looked quite "business casual", he walked like he knew where he was going, he arrived exactly at noon and had what looked to be a folder with him.

I find this such an interesting comment, about not knowing if this was the start, middle or ending of something job related, I really wish we knew. The driving could have been apart of it or maybe Steven was driving because he was letting off stress, again we really just don’t know from seeing the different stops he could have been making drop offs or pick ups .

He most likely was planning on returning to the car. Although I think he had misc. overnight items in his car.

Rolf looked through Steven's items piecemeal. Rolf admitted in the Disappeared interview how overwhelming the process was. As a side note, that is the reason why his passport wasn't found until much later.

The recession was vicious. Even though GDP began to grow again in June 2009, massive layoffs, long-term unemployment, and underemployment lingered well into 2012-2013. I am not sure what jobs he applied for. Perhaps in addition to traditional office jobs, he applied for Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, etc. retail jobs, but received no call backs. Between 2008 and 2013, retailers had been flooded with applicants.

He probably was not working too many hours in that job, since his bank account was empty. His mom was able to retrieve his bank records from at least November through December 12. From what I understand, she worked in the same bank where he had an account. Maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. As far as rent and utilities, I know that he was behind, but I think that the landlord agreed to cover certain utilities. However, Steven was all alone in the house. His housemate moved out the month before. I don't know if Steven's financial obligations at the house increased as a result.

Maybe he was optimistic that the new year would include a new job.

You can say that again.

Thanks for lots of answers, I have read almost all the threads and regarding jobs I know some people were here saying St George should have had plenty of jobs but Vegas was hit hard for jobs at that time hence people started to think Steven did not go to Henderson for a job interview. But yeh if jobs were that hard to come by in St George too then I guess it was understandable.

I know a few people in the threads did wonder if Steven was going to be responsible for more rent and utilities because the other renter left.

That is what I assumed with job that he wouldn’t of been doing many hours , but it would have been nice of the boss to clear that up. If he had of we could have know his earnings compared to his outgoings moneywise to see how bad Stevens situation was. In earlier threads they did do this but obviously they didn’t know how much exactly he was earning. To me Stevens money situation seemed really dire and just thinking of the situation he was in if it was me I’d be tearing my hair out with stress.

I know it would have been so hard for Rolf and his family, I know everyone is different how people handle things. :(

Speculation-Like one of my theories, LL sent SK to sca to meet with one of his friends or associates because of the prescription pill business to do a job to make up for the rent, they then drove to the Whitney ranch, Stephanie street, Russell Road, I95, (those areas where phone pinged) there’s dodgy apartments, near Whitney ranch IIRC or maybe they were near Stephanie st , after doing some ‘jobs’ doing the prescription pill business maybe SK could have been taken to those dodgy apartments to be beaten up or murdered because of the rent he owed to LL and SK knowing about the prescription pill business
But this is just my speculation based on what we’ve learned in these threads put together with some of the facts. Things could have happened slightly different,
Sally, I've long agreed with you on this idea....I think the LL setting up Steven makes the most sense....LL is quite outside the law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back