NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is based on what, exactly? Quite a ways from Blue Ridge Parkway to NH. (And the CRVK is probably Delbert Tallman.)

Studying the case and a complete obsession way above Paul Holes in the Golden State Killer case. Total mismatch. That's all I can say.

Studying the case and a complete obsession way above Paul Holes in the Golden State Killer case. Total mismatch. That's all I can say.

It is geographically that far from Virginia to New England. Also if you study the cases the surviving victim of the Connecticut River Killer and Jackson's last crime in 2010 describe the offender in almost exactly the same way.

And this is based on what, exactly? Quite a ways from Blue Ridge Parkway to NH. (And the CRVK is probably Delbert Tallman.)

Are you the actual Nancy Grace because if you are I am frightened of you. I admire your dismissal of Jim Clemente's farcical theory about Burke killing JonBenet but do not respect your knowledge of the Golden State Killer case.

It is geographically that far from Virginia to New England. Also if you study the cases the surviving victim of the Connecticut River Killer and Jackson's last crime in 2010 describe the offender in almost exactly the same way.
]

I meant geographically in a roaming Serial Killers world it is not that far from Virginia to New Hampshire. Is in my world but was not in his as I believe he also struck in states like Colorado and Montana amongst many.

You may be right with your suspect but in my opinion the Connecticut River Valley Killer was or is Ralph Leon Jackson. He was a military man and the Connecticut River Valley Killer knifed his victims in a 'military trained manner'. There are other suspects but I do not think Michael Nicholaou. In my opinion Jackson would never kill himself as he liked killing other people too much. Jackson was or is five feet eight tall which is the appropriate height of the offender described by the surviving victim. The attacker actually had blonde hair and was smaller than Nicholaou:

New England Unsolved: The Valley Killer, part 1

Cecil Smith has taken his own life. I am stunned by this news!
One less opportunity for answers about Maura with him gone....especially if she is found after they dig in the basement.

Taking much of what was written by Renner just as a mental note. Lots of anger directed towards E.L....not sure if it is warranted. Renner seems firm that Smith's suicide is not as a result of guilt but as a result of being bullied by E.L. which shocks me. I didn't realize Renner was so tight with C.S. either....

My Search for Maura Murray: Cecil Smith Has Taken His Life, After Being the Subject of Conspiracy Theories Online. ***UPDATED***

I used to be a Park Ranger - I would love to hike the woods where she disappeared! Let's face it, Maura was not exactly using common sense the night she went missing - and, she had been abusing alcohol previously, and may have had an un-diagnosed mental illness, and was clearly under a lot of stress as well (without a strong social support network to rely on). It's easy to turn a case like hers into a conspiracy, or else some great mystery, but I suspect her remains, sadly, are someplace nearby.

One less opportunity for answers about Maura with him gone....especially if she is found after they dig in the basement.

Taking much of what was written by Renner just as a mental note. Lots of anger directed towards E.L....not sure if it is warranted. Renner seems firm that Smith's suicide is not as a result of guilt but as a result of being bullied by E.L. which shocks me. I didn't realize Renner was so tight with C.S. either....

My Search for Maura Murray: Cecil Smith Has Taken His Life, After Being the Subject of Conspiracy Theories Online. ***UPDATED***

Of course I like the information about the case provided in the post not that someone has taken their own life.

That's sad to hear. I didn't know James Renner had an established rapport with Cecil Smith. My sincere condolence to his family and friends. I don't think Erinn is at all to blame - which is completely out of character for James Renner to publicly accuse someone on a post about suicide. It's unnecessary.

I'm guessing that Cecil did not leave a suicide note? Or has that information not been released?

That's sad to hear. I didn't know James Renner had an established rapport with Cecil Smith. My sincere condolence to his family and friends. I don't think Erinn is at all to blame - which is completely out of character for James Renner to publicly accuse someone on a post about suicide. It's unnecessary.

Renner says in his update that he was suffering from dementia. So chances are his suicide was caused by his own health issues and probably had nothing to do with Maura.

That sounds likely to me. All these cold cases cause people stress. Think of the stress Maura and her family have been through some of it caused by James Renner. It is almost much worse for the victims and their relatives. As I say these crimes are trouble and I do have sympathy for most LE as well because for instance in my opinion I would have not wanted to be the first LE Officer on the scene of the JonBenet Ramsey murder for instance whether it was her profession or not.

That sounds likely to me. All these cold cases cause people stress. Think of the stress Maura and her family have been through some of it caused by James Renner. It is almost much worse for the victims and their relatives. As I say these crimes are trouble and I do have sympathy for most LE as well because for instance in my opinion I would have not wanted to be the first LE Officer on the scene of the JonBenet Ramsey murder for instance whether it was her profession or not.

It's become a lot worse over the last five to ten years with the huge internet boom we have had. Anybody and their mother can become an amateur investigator. They can get themselves an online horn to yell out all their thoughts and opinions and they have the ability to gain a bit of a following of people that think like them. And those people will probably blame the people that the amateur investigator they are following wants them to blame.

That's why in my opinion it is best to pay attention to the people whose 'official' job it is to investigate this case. Not the people's whose job it is to investigate this case simply because they have a camera attached to their computer and they managed to get a few patreon supporters.

It's become a lot worse over the last five to ten years with the huge internet boom we have had. Anybody and their mother can become an amateur investigator. They can get themselves an online horn to yell out all their thoughts and opinions and they have the ability to gain a bit of a following of people that think like them. And those people will probably blame the people that the amateur investigator they are following wants them to blame.

That's why in my opinion it is best to pay attention to the people whose 'official' job it is to investigate this case. Not the people's whose job it is to investigate this case simply because they have a camera attached to their computer and they managed to get a few patreon supporters.

Good post. I agree with most of what you say. I have followed this case out of my own curiosity for some time and my point is with James Renner is everytime there is any publicity Maura's family have had to put up with him popping up with theories that are offensive to them. He has a right to his opinions but to the Murray family it must cause them stress because there he is all the time. People might say the same about me with my theories but I believe I am right. You are right there are to many people with theories although I think they can do good at times and this is a useful site I am sure for LE. But I do think there are perhaps too many self proclaimed experts in cases but on the other hand most people mean well and care.

Good post. I agree with most of what you say. I have followed this case out of my own curiosity for some time and my point is with James Renner is everytime there is any publicity Maura's family have had to put up with him popping up with theories that are offensive to them. He has a right to his opinions but to the Murray family it must cause them stress because there he is all the time. People might say the same about me with my theories but I believe I am right. You are right there are to many people with theories although I think they can do good at times and this is a useful site I am sure for LE. But I do think there are perhaps too many self proclaimed experts in cases but on the other hand most people mean well and care.

Just want to add at times amateur sleuths and particularly in associated with victims family members can put some necessary pressure on LE.

I totally agree with everything you've said.

I totally agree with everything you've said.

I agree with you. The point I was making is in my opinion is James Renner should look at his own behaviour towards the Murray family who this case is about not people like me who just do this as a hobby. Maura was not running from her Dad and Fred Murray's devotion to her is one of the moving things you will see.

Last edited:
I agree with you. The point I was making is in my opinion is James Renner should look at his own behaviour towards the Murray family who this case is about not people like me who just do this as a hobby. Maura was not running from her Dad and Fred Murray's devotion to her is one of the moving things you will see.
I couldn't agree more with this comment. James was out of line and should be mindful of the Murray family. Of course, Fred Murray truly is an inspirational person. In fact, I learned from the one of the family members that Fred broken his foot but was still strong enough to attend the vigil at Maura's crash site. Hell, he didn't even wear a hat and made sure everyone who attended was thanked. He's a kind person at heart and is determined to find Maura.

I couldn't agree more with this comment. James was out of line and should be mindful of the Murray family. Of course, Fred Murray truly is an inspirational person. In fact, I learned from the one of the family members that Fred broken his foot but was still strong enough to attend the vigil at Maura's crash site. Hell, he didn't even wear a hat and made sure everyone who attended was thanked. He's a kind person at heart and is determined to find Maura.

Renner probably did post/say some things that he shouldn't have however I do find him to be one of the more reasonable 'theorists' of this case. I do find it a whole lot more likely that someone close to Maura was involved with the disappearance than I do the conspiracy theorists who say the police were involved or all the serial killer A, B, C, or D theories. We all know that more times than not when someone disappears that someone close to them was either involved or was the person that actually caused the whole thing to take place. And to be honest the Murray family didn't exactly seem to be a 'church goin' group at the time the disappearance happened. Alcohol/drug abuse seemed to run in the family and all the kids seemed to be involved in bad relationships at that time. I'm really surprised that more focus hasn't been put on Maura's bf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73