CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

There really isn't a river of sufficient size to dump anything in, within an hour and a half drive from Florissant. The only sizable body of water is Eleven Mile Reservoir, which is very heavily used. There is a small dump owned by the city of Cripple Creek, and transfer stations for WM which all presumably feed into the Fountain dump they are going to search. IMO

Q: Why did MG report a missing bullet?
A: She was afraid if KB was ever found, the ammo that she had in her magazine placed in KB's gun to kill her with.

Thoughts?
(respectfully shortened)

Yep. When she learned KK's rival was missing and discovered one of her bullets was missing, don't you know she freaked out. Imagine wondering if a dead woman will turn up with a bullet inside her skull that could be linked to your gun.

(respectfully shortened)

Yep. When she learned KK's rival was missing and discovered one of her bullets was missing, don't you know she freaked out. Imagine wondering if a dead woman will turn up with a bullet inside her skull that could be linked to your gun.
Yes. But the car was borrowed on the 23rd, and all indications are that Kelsey was murdered on the 22nd.

***warning this got a little graphic! ***

Because as a "responsible" gun owner, you have knowledge of WHERE your weapon is AT ALL TIMES.

You are also keenly aware of the number of bullets you placed in the magazine and are all accounted for.

Key word being, RESPONSIBLE.

Imo, leaving it unsecured in your vehicle and allowing someone to be take it from your possession with your unsecured weapon inside of it is IRRESPONSIBLE.

I'll even go so far as to say, that the person who borrowed your car, knows that your are well aware of the gun in the car and possibly that it was even placed it there for a very specific reason.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners don't leave their guns in cars unattended and unlocked, for the simple reason that they could be stolen.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners also report when their weapon and/or ammo is unaccounted for.
The reason being, if your gun is stolen /borrowed and used in a crime, the serial # leads back to YOU!
Upon the return of the vehicle, MG obviously checked to make sure her weapon was returned.
She also counted the # of bullets she had placed in the magazine and discovered one missing.

A RESPONSIBLE gun owner would absolutely call law enforcement and report the dates and times of when and who left with gun and car and when it was retuned by the "friend".
In the event that someone is killed by a weapon that you own or your ammo, you become a suspect by LE if you fail to report it immediately upon noticing the discrepancy.

KB gun is missing.
MG bullet is missing.
What guns did these two women own?
Could they both use the same ammo?

Lastly...
A "tooth" in a vent.
Riiiiight!!!!
Couldn't have been a "slug" now could it?

A slug can be traced to a weapon/gun owner and ballistics will point to the people involved.
A tooth?
It can only be related by DNA to the victim, not the killer!!!

Why was KK asked to retrieve it from the vent?

How did PF KNOW it dropped into a vent???

IMO- because a gun does make noise.
The sweater/candle was a set up for an execution.
The slug ended up inside if the sweater and when PF took it off of her face, the slug rolled into a vent.

Due to the possibility that someone heard the shot he had to take baby K and get the heck outta dodge!

ASAP! NO time to go fishing for the one thing that traces back directly to KB's gun or MG ammo.

Being shot in the back of the head would rule out suicide.
A beating by a bat and a tooth rolling into a vent...
He COULD have easily taken the time to collect it, but why bother. It didn't prove WHO did it.

Blood spatter was on the foil covering cinnamon rolls. It was also on the fireplace?
My best guess? Her body
was propped up by the fire place, scene staged and PF rinsed up in the bathroom enough to allow him to get out the door without any blood being seen by the naked eye of anyone outside of the home.

OR he did beat the living **** out if her and took his own sweet time to clean up for the fam din din later.
He realized before leaving that she was still alive and finished her off with a final shot to the head. (where the slug ended up in a grate.)

At any rate, for him to have knowledge of a tooth or a slug, he had to have been in control over the situation.
Moo

If he did knock her teeth/tooth out, I seriously doubt he did an inventory of her missing teeth!

Q: Why get rid of KB's gun?
A: Blow back.

Q: Why did MG report a missing bullet?
A: She was afraid if KB was ever found, the ammo that she had in her magazine placed in KB's gun to kill her with.

Thoughts?

I believe MG was really concerned that the missing bullet had been used in a crime, and she was likely aware of what KK was doing in WP. Did she confront KK about it? What was the response?

BTW, I just qualified for my Concealed Carry Permit and I have to admit how absolutely uncomfortable it is for me to have fired a semi-automatic handgun.

Drilled into the required 8 hours of education for the course (NV) is gun safety. And yes, no freakin' way would I ever allow anyone to have my car with a loaded weapon in it, even for 15 minutes.

I can’t help thinking KK controlled him. It’s just the way she presents herself. She does not seem timid. Look at her mug shot compared to his. I think she is scary from a female perspective and if PF was already intimidated by his mother she could really do a number on him. I think KB did not scare him both because of her stature and kind heartedness. I think KK instigated all of this. I don’t think he ever intimidated Kk I think she scared him.

I believe PF's defense is going to say KK did everything and poor PF simply covered for KK.

I don't know how this case is going to go down... People seem very divided on if PF or KK did it. Everyone wants to argue why PF didn't do it and KK did and vice versa.

I believe PF's defense is going to say KK did everything and poor PF simply covered for KK.

I don't know how this case is going to go down... People seem very divided on if PF or KK did it. Everyone wants to argue why PF didn't do it and KK did and vice versa.
I’m pretty sure the cell phone data places him at KBs house, and KKL not in CO on the day of the murder

I really hope PF's defense goes all out in divulging the ugly details of KK's life

She deserves to have public recognition of the person she really is.
If that happens, then isn't there a chance PF could get off scot-free? Although, I know PF's defense will do that as it's the only option on the table to blame the mistress witness as a liar. I hope and pray KB gets justice...

I don't think KLK will have a rosy life after this. She'll never be able to practice nursing again and her ex-husband has a good reason to get sole custody. I really don't know how she will survive without either taking a minimum wage job (not all accept convicted felons) or finding a lover. Her reputation in her small town is gone. She can't exactly "pull a Nichole K" and move because of her two kids and the fact that she has to plead guilty to a felony (whereas NK was never charged with a crime).

Casey Anthony will probably have a better like than KLK because the felony will taint KLK's record everywhere she goes whereas, unfortunately, CA got off "scot-free" and was acquitted of all felony charges...

Last edited:
I believe MG was really concerned that the missing bullet had been used in a crime, and she was likely aware of what KK was doing in WP. Did she confront KK about it? What was the response?

BTW, I just qualified for my Concealed Carry Permit and I have to admit how absolutely uncomfortable it is for me to have fired a semi-automatic handgun.

Drilled into the required 8 hours of education for the course (NV) is gun safety. And yes, no freakin' way would I ever allow anyone to have my car with a loaded weapon in it, even for 15 minutes.
Congratulations! Practice, practice, practice and it will become comfortable.

That doesn’t work.

KK returns from the Safeway, exchanges the baby with PF, who then goes to Walmart.

He is then caught in his first lie, when he is spotted on camera, returning to Kelsey’s house.

A couple hours later, he leaves (again caught on camera), and proceeds to make two phone calls.

One to KK, and one to mommy.

Why would he call KK when she is also in Kelsey’s house?

How was she not on camera, but he was?

Her phone location at the time, would prove where she was.

This is speculation based on absolutely no evidence, and contradicts real evidence.

It also defies all reason.

In one of the other threads that I could not keep up with and got closed, I asked about that timeline but skipped so many pages that I don't know if anyone addressed it. That is right after the alleged exchange of baby K, he heads straight to Wally World and is seen with the baby carrier, with LE presuming baby K is in it. Then PF returns to Kelsey's and kills her (because there wasn't time between her getting home from Safeway and his leaving for Walmart). I know a lot is bizarre in this but isn't that another bizarre move? Why not bring baby K back to Ma at the ranchette and then return to Kelsey's? It seems so strange to pick up the baby up and bring her right back to murder her mother.

And, what's on that Walmart receipt? Candles (a story I have a very hard time believing, btw)? When shown on the neighbor's security camera, was he ever carrying the baseball bat?

So many questions and so much info, scattered all over. I need spread sheets and flow charts and white boards.

Nope no arguing. Looking at every angle closely before I make up my mind.

I don't know why but I just have a feeling there are still bombshells to come. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Anyone else?
Yes. Just like the other day I had a feeling we were going to learn a lot of things during the hearing, some that would make us cringe. We also haven't heard the loving fiance's version. Buckle up, this could be one hell of a bumpy ride, with more characters being introduced in the future. I'm looking in his direction for some of those characters.

There’s no body to determine a time of murder.
We have a pretty solid timeline.

He lies to the police about when he last saw her.

He returns to her house, ultimately spending a couple hours.

He leaves, and her cell phone starts doing all sorts of bizarre things over a 3 day period.

I’m more than confident that Kelsey was killed within a few hours of leaving Safeway.

Patrick lied for a reason, and phone and surveillance evidence paint a grim picture.

No body. No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member