CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. In the notes it says there is no video/surveillance of PF leaving with the black tote OR footage of KK going into the house--yet we know she cleaned the house and police were convinced she had been in the house before because of her ability to describe the inside of it.

Hmm. No footage of KK entering or leaving? WHY? Had the neighbor turned off the security camera? Couldn't have been taped over/on a loop because it caught PF there. Strange.

A lot of people have to be lying, the cell phone data has to be wrong, and the surveillance footage has to have missed KK.

For me, it’s beyond a stretch.
A lot of people did lie! Cell phones, burner phones can be without their owner, and the camera at her neighbors seems inconsistent. So many holes to pick.

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

Nov. 22, 2018
1 – 4 a.m.: Investigators found that there were at least seven contacts made between Frazee and Berreth’s cell phones between these hours, including a four-minute phone call that happened around 1:42 a.m.

9 – 10 a.m.: Cell phone records show Berreth text messaged Frazee at 9:37 a.m. and that the two spoke on the phone for about 3 ½ minutes around 9:40 a.m.

12:27 p.m.: Berreth and her daughter are captured on a surveillance camera at the Safeway in Woodland Park leaving the store. Receipts from the store and her home corroborated she was there at that time.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Frazee said he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside her home in Woodland Park to exchange the child just beforehand, which investigators said they believe did occur. This is the last time that Frazee reportedly saw Berreth alive, and he told investigators that while they exchanged their daughter, he returned some of her belongings, including a handgun, keys and other items – which have so far not been recovered.

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Afternoon: Investigators believe this is when Frazee allegedly killed Berreth inside her apartment, then took her cell phone when he left. Investigators allege that he blindfolded Berreth and asked her to smell a scented candle, then beat her to death with a baseball bat. They say that Kenney was aware because Frazee told her about it.

Cell tower records show that Frazee’s phone was connected to the tower serving Berreth’s apartment from approximately 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.

3:36 p.m.: That same neighbor’s surveillance camera again captures images of a person that matches Frazee’s description at Berreth’s home. Frazee called his mother, Sheila, and Kenney at this time, according to his phone records. This is the beginning of when Frazee allegedly started carrying out his “scheme,” as the affidavit calls it, of using his and Berreth’s phones to try and “distract law enforcement, distort the actual date of [Berreth’s] appearance, and separate himself as a suspect in a murder investigation.”

Kenney told investigators that Frazee called her and told her to come to Colorado because she “had a mess to clean up.” She told investigators that she understood that meant that Berreth had been killed.

Evening hours: Both Frazee’s and Berreth’s cell phones were connected with cell towers near Cripple Creek, traveling in the same direction and similar distances from the towers. “This would indicate the phones were likely traveling together,” Frazee’s affidavit says. The affidavit says the two cell phones stayed together for the entirety of Nov. 22-24.

Authorities plan to search landfill for missing Colorado mom's remains

“Colorado authorities are planning to begin the unsettling task Tuesday morning of digging through a landfill for Kelsey Berreth's remains and other possible evidence in the missing mom's case, sources told ABC News.

The search of the Midway landfill near Fountain, Colorado, could last several months, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Investigators have been focusing their attention on the landfill since at least January, when officials from Waste Management told ABC News that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation had contacted them "regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully."”​

I believe PF's defense is going to say KK did everything and poor PF simply covered for KK.

I don't know how this case is going to go down... People seem very divided on if PF or KK did it. Everyone wants to argue why PF didn't do it and KK did and vice versa.
Well, both did it in my opinion. It was an agreement between the two of them, that one or the other was going to kill Kelsey. I also don't buy her BS story that she didn't poison the coffee she gave to Kelsey- I think she was disappointed that Kelsey was still alive and made a flimsy excuse to LE that she didn't poison it, knowing full well that there would be no evidence to prove one way or the other, so she's off the hook. That was attempt number one.

She drove from Idaho to Colorado and back to attempt to murder Kelsey two more times. PF finally did the dirty deed, she cleaned up after him, driving once again to Colorado and back to Idaho, this time with Kelsey's phone, gun, and God knows what else.

Eventually, Krystal was going to do it, in my opinion. Patrick just got sick of hearing her excuses and did it himself, but both planned this together. He may have done the final act of murder, but she sure was an accomplice.

They both make me sick to my stomach. Especially the horrific way Kelsey was killed- damn him to hell for being so cold hearted, evil and cruel. That is so unforgivable, and even more unforgivable was rodeo ice queen giving it a go three times, then coming back for the clean up, like just a regular day at the hospital. Sick and disgusting. I have worse words I want to use, but I'm going to control my potty typing.........

Last edited:
We have a pretty solid timeline.

He lies to the police about when he last saw her.

He returns to her house, ultimately spending a couple hours.

He leaves, and her cell phone starts doing all sorts of bizarre things over a 3 day period.

I’m more than confident that Kelsey was killed within a few hours of leaving Safeway.

Patrick lied for a reason, and phone and surveillance evidence paint a grim picture.

No body. No problem.
My concern is what the defense for PF is going to come up with. I believe PF was attempting to frame KK for the murder from day one. PF was hoping he could convince a DESPERATELY in love KK to kill for him and then, if discovered, blame KK as "the jealous mistress that was obsessed with me for years".

I believe that PF is a manipulator and had a "back up plan" to get KK if she accused him of the murder...

and her baby was in the next room. that is the absolute sickest thing I can imagine.

Well, both did it in my opinion. It was an agreement between the two of them, that one or the other was going to kill Kelsey. I also don't buy her BS story that she didn't poison the coffee she gave to Kelsey- I think she was disappointed that Kelsey was still alive and made a flimsy excuse to LE that she didn't poison it, knowing full well that there would be no evidence to prove one way or the other, so she's off the hook. That was attempt number one.

She drove from Idaho to Colorado and back to attempt to murder Kelsey two more times. PF finally did the dirty deed, she cleaned up after him, driving once again to Colorado and back to Idaho, this time with Kelsey's phone, gun, and God knows what else.

Eventually, Krystal was going to do it, in my opinion. Patrick just got sick of hearing her excuses and did it himself, but both planned this together. He may have done the final act of murder, but she sure was an accomplice.

They both make me sick to my stomach. Especially the horrific way Kelsey was killed- damn him to hell for being so cold heart, evil and cruel. That is so unforgivable, and even more unforgivable was rodeo ice queen giving it a go three times, then coming back for the clean up, like just a regular day at the hospital. Sick and disgusting. I have worse words I want to use, but I'm going to control my potty typing.........

My concern is what the defense for PF is going to come up with. I believe PF was attempting to frame KK for the murder from day one. PF was hoping he could convince a DESPERATELY in love KK to kill for him and then, if discovered, blame KK as "the jealous mistress that was obsessed with me for years".

I believe that PF is a manipulator and had a "back up plan" to get KK if she accused him of the murder...
It’s possible, but I do think that’s giving him too much credit.

I think he wanted Kelsey gone, and wanted an alibi.

Regardless. All the prosecution has to do, is connect him to this plot.

The burn site. The site where he hid the body. Dozens of lies to many people. That damning cell phone activity. That lie about when he last saw Kelsey.

There’s just too much to overcome.

I’m not the least bit worried.

The last day she was reported being seen by anyone is a pretty good indicator IMO
I just don't get the blood- all over the condo, on the floor, everywhere, sitting for almost two days! Mix that coppery smell with bleach, and iyiyiyi, you better have a mask on. I was too afraid to ask how much blood was splattered, if there was a chance any bugs were in her condo when KK came in to clean.

Also, Kelsey would have lost other bodily fluid, too, when she died- urine and sometimes feces comes out (not always the feces comes out, but it is possible).

Now I need to bleach my brain from that image. Ugh!

***warning this got a little graphic! ***

Because as a "responsible" gun owner, you have knowledge of WHERE your weapon is AT ALL TIMES.

You are also keenly aware of the number of bullets you placed in the magazine and are all accounted for.

Key word being, RESPONSIBLE.

Imo, leaving it unsecured in your vehicle and allowing someone to take it from your possession with your unsecured weapon inside of it is IRRESPONSIBLE.

I'll even go so far as to say, that the person who borrowed your car, knows that your are well aware of the gun in the car and possibility that it was even placed it there for a very specific reason.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners don't leave their guns in cars unattended and unlocked, for the simple reason that they could be stolen.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners also report when their weapon and/or ammo is unaccounted for.
The reason being, if your gun is stolen /borrowed and used in a crime, the serial # leads back to YOU!
Upon the return of the vehicle, MG obviously checked to make sure her weapon was returned.
She also counted the # of bullets she had placed in the magazine and discovered one missing.

A RESPONSIBLE gun owner would absolutely call law enforcement and report the dates and times of when and who left with gun and car and when it was retuned by the "friend".
In the event that someone is killed by a weapon that you own or your ammo, you become a suspect by LE if you fail to report it immediately upon noticing the discrepancy.

KB gun is missing.
MG bullet is missing.
What guns did these two women own?
Could they both use the same ammo?

Lastly...
A "tooth" in a vent.
Riiiiight!!!!
Couldn't have been a "slug" now could it?

A slug can be traced to a weapon/gun owner and ballistics will point to the people involved.
A tooth?
It can only be related by DNA to the victim, not the killer!!!

Why was KK asked to retrieve it from the vent?

How did PF KNOW it dropped into a vent???

IMO- because a gun does make noise.
The sweater/candle was a set up for an execution.
The slug ended up inside if the sweater and when PF took it off of her face, the slug rolled into a vent.

Due to the possibility that someone heard the shot he had to take baby K and get the heck outta dodge!

ASAP! NO time to go fishing for the one thing that traces back directly to KB's gun or MG ammo.

Being shot in the back of the head would rule out suicide.
A beating by a bat and a tooth rolling into a vent...
He COULD have easily taken the time to collect it, but why bother? It didn't prove WHO did it.

Blood spatter was on the foil covering cinnamon rolls. It was also on the fireplace?
My best guess? Her body
was propped up by the fire place, scene staged and PF rinsed up in the bathroom enough to allow him to get out the door without any blood being seen by the naked eye of anyone outside of the home.

OR he did beat the living **** out if her and took his own sweet time to clean up for the fam din din later.
He realized before leaving that she was still alive and finished her off with a final shot to the head. (where the slug ended up in a grate.)

At any rate, for him to have knowledge of a tooth or a slug, he had to have been in control over the situation.
Moo

If he did knock her teeth/tooth out, I seriously doubt he did an inventory of her missing teeth!

Q: Why get rid of KB's gun?
A: Blow back.

Q: Why did MG report a missing bullet?
A: She was afraid if KB was ever found, the ammo that she had in her magazine placed in KB's gun to kill her with.

Thoughts?
Moo
Makes a lot of sense to me: slug vs. tooth and searching rather for a slug! Thank you! :)

There really isn't a river of sufficient size to dump anything in, within an hour and a half drive from Florissant. The only sizable body of water is Eleven Mile Reservoir, which is very heavily used. There is a small dump owned by the city of Cripple Creek, and transfer stations for WM which all presumably feed into the Fountain dump they are going to search. IMO

The Arkansas River is about an hour south of Florissant, and that would be right on the way to any cattle grazing pasture in the Westcliffe vicinity.

Sorry. Which paragraph are you referring to?
i updated that post. bum steer sorry :-/
an article in koaa which seems to be fluid might have been the source, items in it were not in it yesterday and a few things specifically that statement isn't there now.
i'll keep looking. was sure it was the affidavit. meh!
ill tag you when the link becomes me !:)

I can't imagine CB's grief and anger knowing what happened to KB and to her body after death. to have someone take your own child and dispose of them like they have the right to. how do you process anger like that?
Do we know if CB found out about the horrible details of KB's death earlier or only two days ago like the rest of us? I am praying for KB's family...

That makes me wonder if MG was honest about when she loaned KK her car with the loaded gun. MG had agreed to lie for KK before.
We're on the same page- I've thought the same. Then again, my mind wanders when I don't trust someone's story completely, and I've worked out scenarios that I am sure others wouldn't agree with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam