IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing the suspect will look alot worse at his court appearance today than at his Jan 29th hospital stint; this time from GENUINE stress, fear, and non- crocadillian tears ....a new day is dawning for him :eek:.
He's crying real tears because it's affecting HIM now. Chris Watts didn't cry until the tides turned on him. These two lack the ability to accept responsibility and blame everyone else around them. AND they both use "like" too much. Is using "like" too much a lie-tell?

Things could get worse for Smollett if the feds get involved, attorneys say

But it has not escaped notice that the FBI has been involved in the three-week investigation that generated international headlines. And prosecutors told a judge Thursday that the FBI is conducting a forensic analysis of a threatening letter Smollett received at the Cinespace Chicago Film Studios on Jan. 22.

He also said the threatening letter, addressed to Smollett, was part of the ruse.

That could expose Smollett to a charge of mail fraud, the attorneys said.

“He used the mail,” defense attorney Michael Ettinger said. “That’s the crime.”

But it has not escaped notice that the FBI has been involved in the three-week investigation that generated international headlines. And prosecutors told a judge Thursday that the FBI is conducting a forensic analysis of a threatening letter Smollett received at the Cinespace Chicago Film Studios on Jan. 22.

He also said the threatening letter, addressed to Smollett, was part of the ruse.

That could expose Smollett to a charge of mail fraud, the attorneys said.

“He used the mail,” defense attorney Michael Ettinger said. “That’s the crime.”

Also when you get the Sympathy from the President publicly, then it turns out that person abused not only him but the FBI and the City of Chicago there is that pressure to right the wrong. At least as best as possible. I will be VERY surprised if the feds do not throw the proverbial book at Jussie.

JMO

Jmo When jussie wouldn’t hand over his phone right away I’m sure that raised eyebrows, probably got search warrant then.

In fact that told me that he was hiding something and it wasn’t private pics/conversations.

There is this thing now called the "Cloud" (I don't know where it is!) where our saved information goes, from our phones and Computers. When LE asks for our phone nicely, and it's given to them it avoids a search warrant. BUT if not, here comes the search warrant go to the phone company and the "Cloud" and the most pervasive colonoscopy of your life. Every Text, Phone Call, Pictures Taken including those nasty selfies...you name it. Everybody thinks we're getting hacked sometimes. We give away our information, all somebody has to do is figure out which file cabinet in the "Cloud".

JMO

Also when you get the Sympathy from the President publicly, then it turns out that person abused not only him but the FBI and the City of Chicago there is that pressure to right the wrong. At least as best as possible. I will be VERY surprised if the feds do not throw the proverbial book at Jussie.

JMO

Absolutely.

He’s not the first by far but that does not mean he should get a slap on the wrist.

Jussie Smollett's alleged hate crime hoax sheds light on similar phony accusations

When I'm being played for a joke, I cannot sit and listen or watch the whole joke. I just can't do it. But I do however wait until the joke is over, so I can laugh along...then have the last laugh.
My Mother taught me that!

JM and My Mother's O

What Is Jussie Smollett’s Salary? ‘Empire’ Actor Apologizes To Cast, Crew

According to the Hollywood Reporter, which also spoke to other sources close to the matter, Smollett started out with a base salary of $40,000-$50,000 per-episode range when he originally joined the show in 2015, when he was a relatively unknown actor and the show was yet to garner massive ratings and become a cultural phenomenon. Between the second and third seasons, 20th Century Fox TV renegotiated the cast's contracts and Smollett ended up with a salary of over $125,000 per episode, a source said.

Fox’s original contract with the actor was also a “360 deal.” This basically meant the company would provide financial and other support for the artist’s music career, including marketing, promotion, touring, and so on in return for a percentage of an increased number of their revenue streams, which in this case involved iTunes sales from "Empire" music and live concerts. Smollett will be able to earn additional cash if revenue from his music sales exceeded the compensation listed in his contract.

Smollett apologized to everyone at “Empire” after he arrived half an hour late to shoot his scenes Thursday. "I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this,” he said, a source told TMZ.

He was reportedly emotional as he addressed the crew members of the show and the producers let him leave without shooting. He did come back later and shoot the required scenes.

What Is Jussie Smollett’s Salary? ‘Empire’ Actor Apologizes To Cast, Crew

Is it possible we'll hear the 8 minute phone call between Abel and JS when the brothers were in Turkey on their way to Nigeria? Do you think the FBI has already heard it? Ordinarily I'd never expect something like that to show up at a criminal trial, but with the terrorist letter that was under active federal investigation and the call being placed internationally, I've got to think there's a recording of the call somewhere in the federal archives. I guess the issue might be admissibility since it is between 2 US citizens, just I'm not sure if that matters when you make a call from a foreign country. Maybe the CPD/FBI knows and that was why the CPD chief was so adamant, but they might not introduce all their evidence due to admissibility issues.

'Empire' Team Debates Bringing Jussie Smollett Back as Others Question Salary Motive

Complicating Smollett's financials, however, is that his original Fox contract was a "360 deal.” That means it includes music elements similar to pacts for the stars of series like Glee. Under the deal, the studio controlled additional aspects of Smollett's musical career, and the actor-musician would earn additional cash based on iTunes sales from Empire music and from live concerts — should the revenue have come in north of what his original guarantee included.

If Smollett was trying to build his profile by staging the attack, as Chicago police claim, his musical career certainly could use a shot in the arm. Empire’s original soundtrack was a Billboard No. 1 album, but Smollett’s subsequent efforts outside of the show have shown the limits of his success. The 36-year-old’s debut solo album, Sum of My Music, has sold a scant 7,000 units in equivalent sales in the year since its 2018 release. (Nielsen Music cites just 2,000 units in straight sales, if streaming is ignored.)

'Empire' Team Debates Bringing Jussie Smollett Back as Others Question Salary Motive

His touring career has also been modest, certainly a byproduct of the rigors of starring in a network drama. Smollett has fewer than 40 performances on his listed tour history since Empire came on the air — the latest, the only to happen after the Chicago incident, was a $20-a-head concert at West Hollywood’s Troubadour. A small venue, the club can only hold a crowd of 400, at most, for a show.

This Billboard article is actually a very good read. It's current and goes into the financials of Jussie's deal and I think sheds a real light on his motivations. (If there could be any) I cannot post any more of the article without getting dinged.

Probably the main thing I learned is that 20th Century TV has been SOLD to Disney for $71.3 B. So it will be up to Disney as well to decide Jussie's and Empire's fate.

JMO

IMO, Jussie orchestrated this for similar reasons Dan Rather tried to destroy GW Bush with the fake National Guard letter. Dan had it all but he had an agenda and destroyed his career. And Dan had help from seedy folks with radical agendas, and I suspect Jussie had someone either plant the seed or help him orchestrate this. Maybe Jussie thought he would have sufficient cover with his connections to Cook, but she recused herself. And sending that letter took the case out of state/local and got the Feds involved.
Peel back the layers and there is some shady stuff going on. It's not just Jussie, IMO.

Narcissism to the nth degree. Absolutely pathological. Even when caught: deny, deny, deny. Make it everyone else's fault.

I knew that the fallback plan would be to completely blame the brothers in the conspiracy. They bought the rope, they had the magazines with letters cut out.

Poor wittle, baby, Jussie was duped and victimized by men he tried to help by giving them money to visit family in Africa. And they tried to get him addicted to drugs! And again, the culture of this country is against Jussie Smollett, an openly gay, black, Democrat. End of opening argument.

Take a plea buddy!
Geez, I thought he would take a plea, do 6 months and get two years probation. He’s so arrogant and delusional though, I actually hope he fights it and gets 3 years.

Geez, I thought he would take a plea, do 6 months and get two years probation. He’s so arrogant and delusional though, I actually hope he fights it and gets 3 years.

I don't think he really can as any sort of state allocution would set him up for the feds pouncing on him, which the terrorist letter is his real problem and a plea to a hoax fight really puts him behind the 8 ball. However, what does surprise me is how much he's going on the offensive and not being quiet, which I think he's turning off a lot of people and boxing himself him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd