GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
these weigh 22.4 lbs according to specifications online
4 in. x 11.75 in. x 6.75 in. River Red Concrete Retaining Wall blocks

12" isnt very big, so 3 of these or similar were both inside one blue mesh bag with white sting and knot

So red is mostly garden blocks?

Are they common in Great Waters Community?

Also found a blue mesh equipment bag 24x36" for gym equip. with white string as in SD autopsy report was tied in knot and also had white string, the larger size of this is

2, 13 - 18" cement blocks would fit into this easily

the camping blue mesh goes up in size to 36 x45
may be large enough to tie end in knot with blocks inside

I'm pretty sure that 22 lb type "red" river block used to be sold at Home Depot.

JMO

Is it possible that the perps planned to take his body as well, but had difficulty moving him? Was he heavier than his wife? Maybe they decided to dismember him, and they started with the head? The time, effort and mess may have caused that plan to change.

Or, maybe they were planning to come back and finish the job (using towels to keep the blood from leaving the garage until that time) but their plans changed. ..MOO

Yeah. The strands of long hair. Were they confirmed to be from SD or just assumed?
I'm not even thinking about the hair (only because I haven't really read much about that); I'm getting those vibes from things like.. the laundry/mesh bag that held the 'concrete block'.. I'm not sure if the description up above by Dancin is factual? But if so, the colored things used? Even the 'concrete block(s)' (is the description of those factual?). The cleaning up of blood and not wanting it to seep out of the garage. The seeming inexperience of whomever did this, and seeming after-thoughts, rather than planning.. the mishmash of things done afterward, like taking SD out in the boat.. seems crazy to me. Not that females are crazy. I'm just getting a sense of 'female', as well as 'young', for some reason.
Have all of the grandkids been vetted as far as what they might be 'in to'? How old are/were the grandkids at the time? How many of them are there, etc?

Those red bricks are super common. Everyone at the lake uses them to make a makeshift path down to the boat dock. Those are definitely everywhere.

these weigh 22.4 lbs according to specifications online
4 in. x 11.75 in. x 6.75 in. River Red Concrete Retaining Wall blocks

12" isnt very big, so 3 of these or similar were both inside one blue mesh bag with white sting and knot

So red is mostly garden blocks?

Are they common in Great Waters Community?

Also found a blue mesh equipment bag 24x36" for gym equip. with white string as in SD autopsy report was tied in knot and also had white string, the larger size of this is

2, 13 - 18" cement blocks would fit into this easily

the camping blue mesh goes up in size to 36 x45
may be large enough to tie end in knot with blocks inside

Most people would have a hammer on their boat. Mesh bags fairly common. Zip cords for organization. The only thing I wouldn’t have on my boat is bricks. Probably have a rubber mallet instead of normal hammer too.

M
Ok we know there was a slight skirmish due to the fact that RD had a few bruises on his distal forearms and a cut on his finger and bruised hands (IIRC) and a V shaped cut on middle finger nail. RD also had what appears to be SD hair in his hand (SD autopsy also says brown/blonde i think it was hair dye) and all this info is from the autopsy report

At any rate, according to reports, the blood was smeared all over with towels and tucked under RD to prevent further blood flowing under the door

The beheading was NOT intended.........Im no expert but I dont see bullets lodging at close range, arent they powerful!? even with skull bone? IDK...I cant get past it but Im sure it happens, Im thinking at some distance maybe.....I dont see that as a reason to behead him, they could have easily just hauled him off too

I can see a cord around the throat would prevent him from getting to SD more than a gun or knife would prevent him from trying and him BITING the PERP during strangulation, maybe almost decapitating him... now that blood in his mouth is very daming evidence you cannot leave behind....

SO THEN, you wonder, What was the plan to murder him and how? She apparently was bludgeoned with something that left a V mark so that could be a hammer end or a pry bar with nail puller end

Were they going to bludgeon him too? If they did then there was no need to take his head

As steleheart pointed out, the hammer or pry tool was their MO apparently.

But due to the towel and cleaning up it tells me it was not the plan, and all that trying to control the blood was after effects of something gone wrong

I just cant figure out what the coloring marks on the front of the throat 2" and then separate.. another one on his left side of neck 1 or 2" mark just under and along the cut......and the left shoulder mark same, all yellow/green in color

Were those marks from a cord and a fist of the perp putting pressure on the left shoulder?

Mainly this post was to say that I dont thnk the beheading was intentional, after they beheaded him to hide evidence, they struggled to mop it up a little and then they COULD NOT haul him off with all that blood everywhere

I JUST WONDER how the heck did they NOT step in it?!? and leave footprints or a toe print or SOMETHING?

ANd then there is a RED cement block weighing 30 lbs, 2 of them

WHO carries a hammer or pry bar tool and RED cinder blocks?

Sorry, didnt mean to be so uncharacteristically longwinded...HAHA

I hope he has DNA evidence. Wouldn't it be awesome if it was ran through a genealogy databases and they found a match to a relative and that could lead them to the killer? Like the Golden State Killer case...

The DNA could be from someone that’s not in the database but also would have reason for being in the house.

There's just no reason for a stranger to kill this very elderly couple unless they were robbing them, or they were massively stoned on some kind of mind-altering drug. But yet nothing was taken apparently, and if so stoned, they wouldn't have been able to come away without evidence of themselves. moo.
That only leaves that someone with some kind of a vendetta against one or both of them.. plus it seems personal and amateurish.
Methinks the cops aren't looking hard enough at all of the people connected to this couple. imo.

There's just no reason for a stranger to kill this very elderly couple unless they were robbing them, or they were massively stoned on some kind of mind-altering drug. But yet nothing was taken apparently, and if so stoned, they wouldn't have been able to come away without evidence of themselves. moo.
That only leaves that someone with some kind of a vendetta against one or both of them.. plus it seems personal and amateurish.
Methinks the cops aren't looking hard enough at all of the people connected to this couple. imo.

Wondering if SS looked into the way back machine...what did RD do after WW2? Did he go to work OR return to work at Westclox/Seth Thomas? Was he in management?

And I still don't see any mention if SD or RD had siblings.

In my family folks carried grudges for a really long time. To the grave.

JMO

Levi, you and Tricia are doing a fantastic job with the podcasts. Can't wait for the next one. When you interview SS, please ask him about the person who went to the Huddle House and asked about security tapes. That always bothered me from day one and I wondered why nothing came of that (or did it)? Seems to me they could have identified the person who came in and asked about the tapes because surely HE would also have been on camera? Like everyone else - this case really baffles me.

Now that female is mentioned, I wonder if it was someone that slept over. They asked for money and were refused. They kept everything pristine because everything would be inherited, if you get my drift. It could even be a generation down because they would inherit through a parent.

Levi, you and Tricia are doing a fantastic job with the podcasts. Can't wait for the next one. When you interview SS, please ask him about the person who went to the Huddle House and asked about security tapes. That always bothered me from day one and I wondered why nothing came of that (or did it)? Seems to me they could have identified the person who came in and asked about the tapes because surely HE would also have been on camera? Like everyone else - this case really baffles me.
Did not read your message in time. We are going to try to meet up with SS Tuesday and I will ask about that.

Hey Everyone,

Levi Page and I will be in Georgia Tuesday night through Thursday running around Lake Oconee and surrounding areas trying to stir up a little bit of trouble but mostly to see what information we can find out about the Dermond murders.

If you would like to connect you can send me a private message or email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Watch out Georgia here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member