UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timewise it's about 7 minutes down to the shelter on the shore road ( Marine Place ) and then I estimated another 7 minutes up to the steps and the woods. But the police woman who did the walk from the shelter to the steps/woods said 3 -4 minutes
If he was running, moving fast, he could have done the whole trip in 10 or less.
And taking a victim to a place familiar to the murderer, often happens.
Yes must have sprung to mind as he would have spent a log of time there I imagine.

Oooh no did it come across like a telling off? I apologise, not intended at all.

No no, i just mean when i was typing my first answer i was thinking "i hope @neteditor isn't affronted by this opinion!". Good to know you weren't but it is sad that the articles pain the featured people to suit sales/clicks more than reality, as you say, why you're "ex".

And since it appears he was running he obviously could have made the distance between his house and the crime scene fairly quickly, quicker than even the 7 minutes or so it was speculated during the trial.

Yes i had read his address in July (on a FB thread against a news article which also named him) and looked at google maps and thought he practically left her in his back garden.

Very true BUT there's a huge difference between, for example A child/teen with mental health issues and a child who is suspected of Psychpathy or is inflicting violence or sexual abuse on animals or people.

I think that would be red flags a plenty and not just getting a referral to CASMHS.

I know one would think that but it is CATEGORICALLY not true. Children are not treated for "psychopathy" as it is not an illness. Psychopathy is only a problem if it becomes one, and it often doesn't (there are many high profile and successful people who fit the definition and would not hurt anyone). And abuse, including sexual abuse, between children is extremely common and often not properly dealt with. I know a child who was taken, aged 3, from the home due to alcoholic neglectful parent, raped in foster care by a 12yo who had been removed from their home due to sex abuse (by an adult). 12yo was moved on to a different foster home with older kids (not all older than him but older than 3) and 3yo was returned to their (still dysfunctional) parent. The 3yo is now 10 and displaying over-sexualised behaviour and she HAS got a referral to CAMHS, with a 15 month waiting list to even be seen. So lets hope she doesn't hurt any younger kids meantime eh. People think that these things get attention and help but they DO NOT.

New member. I’ve been silently following this trial for the last week but what has come out today has compelled me to make a comment.

I cannot get this case out of my mind. I’m a survivor of CSA and cannot stop thinking about Alesha and what happened to her. The absolute brutality. To inflict such pain on a tiny child.
I’m a teacher and cannot grasp his youth. 16 is just a baby! They may look like adults but their minds are so immature and changing everyday.

From what I have seen of AC, he had every advantage in life - middle class, gorgeous house, bmx bikes, trampolines,every form of gaming and computer equipment, friends, interest from girls, good grades, stable family life,and yes it had to be said - handsome, obviously strong and with excellent health. Everything a child could want. And yet that wasn’t enough to content him. It makes my blood boil. I know so many children who have so little and are so grateful for that alone. Look at little Alesha. No doubt surrounded by love but also some instability and much less material wealth. He snuffed our her life like he was swatting a fly.

The horrific lies he has told, dragging Alesha’s family through the mud and not even allowing them the truth of what happened. They are going to be left with a lifetime of wondering how their little girl came to be with this sadist.

Sorry if this is just a rant and I’m not contributing anything useful. I just had to get if off my chest and no one close to me will talk about it for obvious reasons. I just hope it will start a dialogue about the profile of a sexual predator - how it can be anyone, but more than that how if a child will come to harm it will be to someone known to them. I don’t believe for a moment AC did not know of Alesha.
Very well put

Well that was my thought too because would we really see so much light from the torch if it was that light outside? I don't think it would be so visible.

Cameras usually exaggerate a light source during low light doesn't have to be pure darkness? We're not talking about daylight I think but what we call in Scotland the gloaming. Light enough not to walk into lamp posts and parked cars, but still dark enough to not see a an item at ground level especially in shadowy conditions like trees/undergrowth.

Disappointed to have just read one of the Scottish Sun articles which names his mother. I don't see how it is in her best interests or in the public interest

No no, i just mean when i was typing my first answer i was thinking "i hope @neteditor isn't affronted by this opinion!". Good to know you weren't but it is sad that the articles pain the featured people to suit sales/clicks more than reality, as you say, why you're "ex".

Whew, I misunderstood you! Glad to hear. I could tell you a few horror stories from my time that pushed me to decide to quit.

Does the lane he emerges from at the first part of the CCTV, across from his house,go all the way down to the shore road? I can’t tell from the maps...

It looks like soon after passing the last cctv at 24 Marine Place, he took up the path called Burnside (and Creek rd ?) to Ardbeg. His house is one house away from a path up to Gortons Road to the murder site.

He's coming from the shore direction - which puzzles me as I thought his mother said he came in over the back wall at 3.35am ? which would be from the direction of the crime scene/Gortans Road

It looks like he comes from the front but not thro the gate - so probably walks up the lanes an jumps over the back wall.

His home, Gorton Rd, the lane someone spoke of

Ok, without referencing his house, which I think has still not been actually quoted in msm, even though the video is up, here's a google map link

His route was along the Shore - Marine Place, Pointhouse Crescent, Shore Road
and up one of those side roads to the High Road - A844.
Then to the steps on the High Road - look at the darker line in the trees, between High Road and the point just below the red marker - this indicates the steps.

At the tops of the steps is where Alesha was found

Leaving the murder scene, the route would have been down Gortans Road - which leads to the junction of Ardbeg Road and High Road

Google Maps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members