IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CNN (clip posted above), because the way those contracts are structured, JS still gets paid for the remaining episodes. They also said that they have been told JS came in signing a deal at 65K per episode but that because the show was such a blockbuster hit the first couple of years, the entire cast was given a raise and now Jussie makes upwards of 100K per episode.

I believe that he went to the Studio and continued to claim his innocence and told cast, crew and Producers that he would never put them in the middle of doing something like this (paraphrasing) and at the end of his coming back, they let him shoot the scenes scheduled. They didn't buy his performance, then the decision was made. Whether it be any Court or Jury or Judge, his penalty is going to be no TV show no contract no fans and nobody to buy his music.

JMO

Geez, I thought he would take a plea, do 6 months and get two years probation. He’s so arrogant and delusional though, I actually hope he fights it and gets 3 years.

I don't think that his legal team is helping him with the antagonism. Yes, get a good team of attorneys, but when he went with celebrity attorney Mark Geragos, he made a bad left turn. They want to make this a race issue. It is not. Their client made it a race issue, and was caught. They should be quiet, not coming out fighting injustice. Bad move.

I don't think that his legal team is helping him with the antagonism. Yes, get a good team of attorneys, but when he went with celebrity attorney Mark Geragos, he made a bad left turn. They want to make this a race issue. It is not. Their client made it a race issue, and was caught. They should be quiet, not coming out fighting injustice. Bad move.
In a way JS made it a race issue, but probably not the way that he intended. I see it as him trying to incite racial tensions and problems in an already precarious society. Which is a truly evil and dangerous thing to do. And I do not believe for a minute that his salary was at the root of this. Nope.

dad22020c41f1e01fd347118b859e4e3

Charles Barkley has some sage advice for Jussie Smollett and aspiring criminals everywhere

Charles Barkley has some sage advice for Jussie Smollett and aspiring criminals everywhere

"America, let me just tell ya something: Do not commit crimes with checks....Get cash, man! I never used an ATM, I heard you can only get $200 out—"

Allegedly Smollett paid his fake assailants via check and communicated with them via his own cellphone, but Chuck isn't able to get to those details before Ernie cuts him off, presumably before he can incriminate himself further. The crazy train, however, has already jumped the tracks and Barkley, needing the last word per usual, wraps his pop culture power hour by saying "You know what you shoulda did? Just walk down to Liam Neeson's neighborhood. You could have solved all your damn problems!" before a producer screams "Charles stop!" from off camera. Seriously, someone give this man an Emmy.

JLOL W JMO

If JS's mental health was at all questionable, the defense attorneys would have gone with that as a defense first.

If JS's attorney's question the CPD's motives, then they will have to infer there is systemic racism and collusion to frame JS. I do know CPD has had many problems over the years within the department, but to claim CPD is inherently evil and racist is a stretch.

If JS's attorney's question CPD Superintendent's Eddie Johnson's motivation, with this event coinciding with the mayoral election, then they have to infer that Eddie Johnson is somehow going to reap benefits by a current mayoral candidate. Since Mayor Rahm Emmanuel is not seeking re-election.

If JS's attorney's claim JS has a drug problem with ecstasy and that lead him to commit this crime, then they need to be aware such claims can only be proven with an MRI showing a shrinking hippocampus. I don't think the defense would be willing to take such a chance.

Last edited:
Now that he has been fired, he may garner more sympathy.

More like Fox and Disney realized that there is little to no support for Mr. Smollett's actions. And his attitude is probably was the last nail. In addition, it sets a precedent, if they let him slide, what could other employees do?

If his main purpose of trying to pull this scam off was to get a higher salary wouldn't it had been much easier to just ask for more money instead of trying to getting away with this stunt? Just seems like there could have been another way instead of the path he decided to go down. Seems like he could have received a higher salary because they wouldn't have wanted him to leave the show. IMO

If his main purpose of trying to pull this scam off was to get a higher salary wouldn't it had been much easier to just ask for more money instead of trying to getting away with this stunt? Just seems like there could have been another way instead of the path he decided to go down. Seems like he could have received a higher salary because they wouldn't have wanted him to leave the show. IMO

Money had very little to do with this act. However, out of his many reasons for committing this act it is the most benign and palatable for the media to consume.

PS...I'm still waiting for apologies to the LBGTQ, black, white, and President supporting communities from MSM, Politicians and Hollywood's elitist ethos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288