Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone with Detective Kim Cherney. Very nice person. She is going to check with the other detectives and see if Unionville was ever thoroughly checked out. She does remember calling one small NY town and not getting a call back. She is also going to check with Bear Mtn park and see if they asked a camper to leave in April or May. They are getting help from NYS police on this end so she will get with them on those things.
Detective Cherney also confirmed a few things for me.
His backpack WAS found inside his tent.
He has perfect teeth with no dental work.
According to the information they have he has not had any surgery. No tattoos, no dental work, no scars other than the very small one. ( sounds like the small scar was something superficial)
Detective Cherney also said she will ask the lead detective if I can be updated on the outcome so I can post it here.
FINGERS CROSSED!!!

This is wonderful. Your hard work on this is greatly appreciated. Having these additional puzzle pieces is going to lead to a solution.

His backpack WAS with him. This is good information to know because many of us were confused by what happened to it. Thank you for sharing that.

I explained that the backpack info was the topic of much discussion. She said they had been asked before so they went back and looked at photos. It is shown in photos inside the tent.
We also know for certain we can eliminate anyone with dental work or less than perfect teeth, and anyone with prior surgery or tattoos. It’s not much but it’s something. Lol
Hopefully Unionville leads to something.

Yeah, the backpack, at least to me, was a big deal if it was in fact missing. For a hiker a backpack is crucial with the essentials that it carries.

Many didn't know if it was stolen, did he become confused and left it, dump it, etc.

I'm happy to hear it was with him and that mystery can be checked off the list.

I wonder if he had water on him when found? I'm assuming no food because of the state he was in, 83 pounds. That is so terrible to even think about an adult weight being that, especially a man.

I explained that the backpack info was the topic of much discussion. She said they had been asked before so they went back and looked at photos. It is shown in photos inside the tent.
We also know for certain we can eliminate anyone with dental work or less than perfect teeth, and anyone with prior surgery or tattoos. It’s not much but it’s something. Lol
Hopefully Unionville leads to something.

Great work SugarQueen! That's much more than I got last November! Thank you so much for calling again.

Just got off the phone with Detective Kim Cherney. Very nice person. She is going to check with the other detectives and see if Unionville was ever thoroughly checked out. She does remember calling one small NY town and not getting a call back. She is also going to check with Bear Mtn park and see if they asked a camper to leave in April or May. They are getting help from NYS police on this end so she will get with them on those things.
Detective Cherney also confirmed a few things for me.
His backpack WAS found inside his tent.
He has perfect teeth with no dental work.
According to the information they have he has not had any surgery. No tattoos, no dental work, no scars other than the very small one. ( sounds like the small scar was something superficial)
Detective Cherney also said she will ask the lead detective if I can be updated on the outcome so I can post it here.
FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Awesome work Sugar Queen! Thank you so much for getting this info and for putting them in touch with Unionville. I think we can eliminate anyone with any listed surgery scars. It sounds like what he had was more like a scratch or a scar that might form if you accidentally cut yourself? Since he was hiking and camping for over a year he might have gotten a superficial injury on the trail that was healed up. And if that is the case it would not be listed on a missing persons report. JMO.

It's actually pretty rare to find anybody that, well, perfect :p

I agree. Who was this perfect man!?! I have to say I'm somewhat smitten with this mystery hiker and his story. :p I'm so scared he is going to turn out to be a serial bank robber on the run or something due to all the cash he had on him. I was surprised that some who met him said he was hesitant to have his photo taken. He looks so confident to me in that photo where he is holding the maps. But if he is a criminal on the run from something that little smile might be for a different reason. His eyes seem kind to me and he sounds like he was quite friendly. But then I remind myself many serial killers were charming too! :eek: I sure hope he is not a criminal. Who is this guy!?!

Does anyone else think it is significant that you can't find a single person in Whitepages online that has the last name Bilemy? I always feel surprised that there isn't one. At a glance, it seems it should be a listed surname. On one the Surname Finders through Google search I remember seeing it said something like,

...approximately 1 person in the world has this last name... and is found in Cameroon...and it showed the flag for Cameroon.

which is a major port country in Africa.

This is why I was thinking Merchant Marines may be a reasonable place to look into. The podcast said they checked against records for military matches with no hits. He does seem (IMO) to have a few military traits as others have mentioned...hat front and center and so forth. It's my understanding that since MM often work with the military, they are expected to work in that style. And if he was a merchant marine, his 'coworkers' per say may not be around the US. I have to believe that there are tech and programming jobs available in the industry.

Does anyone know a Merchant Marine for personal input?

I agree. Who was this perfect man!?! I have to say I'm somewhat smitten with this mystery hiker and his story. :p I'm so scared he is going to turn out to be a serial bank robber on the run or something due to all the cash he had on him. I was surprised that some who met him said he was hesitant to have his photo taken. He looks so confident to me in that photo where he is holding the maps. But if he is a criminal on the run from something that little smile might be for a different reason. His eyes seem kind to me and he sounds like he was quite friendly. But then I remind myself many serial killers were charming too! :eek: I sure hope he is not a criminal. Who is this guy!?!

I hope he isn't a criminal either. I have searched through wanted posters and the closest match I found was this one however I'm not able to decide. It is a sketch:

Triple Robbery Suspect Sought by Montclair Police

As the article says... in my own paraphrasing... not a very successful robber and also mostly harmless.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190209-164157_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190209-164157_Samsung Internet.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Does anyone else think it is significant that you can't find a single person in Whitepages online that has the last name Bilemy? I always feel surprised that there isn't one. At a glance, it seems it should be a listed surname. On one the Surname Finders through Google search I remember seeing it said something like,

...approximately 1 person in the world has this last name... and is found in Cameroon...and it showed the flag for Cameroon.

which is a major port country in Africa.

This is why I was thinking Merchant Marines may be a reasonable place to look into. The podcast said they checked against records for military matches with no hits. He does seem (IMO) to have a few military traits as others have mentioned...hat front and center and so forth. It's my understanding that since MM often work with the military, they are expected to work in that style. And if he was a merchant marine, his 'coworkers' per say may not be around the US. I have to believe that there are tech and programming jobs available in the industry.

Does anyone know a Merchant Marine for personal input?

Yes, in my opinion it's obvious that the Ben Bilemy name was a made up alias. I wonder if perhaps he meant to put the last name Bellamy instead but spelled it wrong. There is a British Actor by the name Ben Bellamy: Ben Bellamy - IMDb
Maybe he was a fan of one of his movies?

I hope he isn't a criminal either. I have searched through wanted posters and the closest match I found was this one however I'm not able to decide. It is a sketch:

Triple Robbery Suspect Sought by Montclair Police

As the article says... in my own paraphrasing... not a very successful robber and also mostly harmless.

I don't think that looks like him, JMO. And as you said that robber was not very successful. Denim had $300 to buy a tent and then he was seen with a ton of cash on him still 40 miles south of where he bought the tent.

I don't think that looks like him, JMO. And as you said that robber was not very successful. Denim had $300 to buy a tent and then he was seen with a ton of cash on him still 40 miles south of where he bought the tent.

I thought about that too, but couldn't exclude on that basis since the robberies were from 2015. Could have been a warm up.

The other interesting thing about this wanted poster (no matter who the guy is) is that poster says Blue eyes and the article says Green eyes... so I called Detective O'Dowd and asked which was correct... his answer was both... they are thinking color contacts. He said you can get non prescription colored contacts at Walmart for about $15. Which is weird, why spend $15 to make off with $70.

I'm definitely not convinced it's our guy but, Ben Bilemy or not, that unsuccessful robber intrigues me. I marked it: possible but not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member