CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious?!!! This woman is part and parcel to the planned out brutal murder of a young mother and will walk away from it. And you think she is getting the "worst vitriol and blame?"

Well yes. Because people are claiming she's the actual murderer instead of PF even though the evidence refutes that.

Oh we all know she's a soulless monster who wanted KB dead and gladly participated in covering up the killing and prior to that in trying to effectuate the murder.

But ultimately, she did not murder KB and people are twisting the evidence in order to make that so.

One post actually stated that PF was the victim and terrified of KK!

The paperwork was found at the Frazee residence and was dated August 2018 but never filed. Instead, the next month, PF began soliciting KK to murder KB. The B's claim in the wrongful death lawsuit that the motive was custody. I believe that.
MOO

Isn't Aug 2018 also when KB was in California for rehab? Could these papers be so PF could seek medical care while KB was out of town, or was he planning to seek custody?

ITA. I think that's the problem with trying to stage a scene. They did not come up with a believable solution to her disappearing. If she committed suicide, her body needed to be found in an appropriate scene, but they knew forensics would catch them. There were a few unstaged clues pointing toward a possible suicide but many more that did not.

This. I think over the months PF and KK considered multiple scenarios: hints that she might be seeing someone in Pueblo, hints that she had threatened to take her life once before, suggestions that grandma was sick, hints that she had drug/alcohol problems and was depressed.

They could have staged a suicide/accident near home with the gun or drugs. They could have staged a runaway scene with KB disappearing over a cliff in one of her cars.

I think they considered all kinds of plots, but then PF got impatient, took matters into his own hands. There was no plan and he suddenly had to improvise in a hurry. I imagine its hard to keep it all straight when there's blood all over the house and a body in a tote.

I posted about that yesterday. The myth of the she devil. People tend to judge women more harshly than men in these cases.
Yes!
Another example I've observed:

When a man leaves his wife and children for another woman, he's a pig. When a woman leaves her husband and children for another man, she's a monster who pretty much gets ostracized.

I noticed I too have been guilty of judging women more harshly than men in these types of situations. It's healthy to acknowledge our personal biases. We can't change what we don't acknowledge.

To be clear, SF2 (PF's brother) arrived at 2:30 p.m.

Patrick Frazee allegedly had blindfolded Kelsey Berreth, bludgeoned her with baseball bat
SF2, Patrick's brother and a Colorado Springs police officer, dropped by Patrick's house at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 22, Adams said. Patrick was not home but arrived "a little later" with the couple’s child. Nothing was out of the ordinary, Adams said. Patrick and Sean Frazee were described as “estranged.”

(Brother's name changed to initials by me)

MOO
From the Affidavit PF's phone pinged near her residence that afternoon - para 67 - 1300-1630 on 11/22 so either he left his phone in the townhome to go visit SF or he didn't go there until after 4:30 - which makes sense since the two calls he made were to SF and KK around that same time - I think he told them he did it.

On another note, I think KK did take pictures of the crime scene - I don't think she could help herself and that may be why she destroyed her phone and got a new one on December 4 - the same day they "seized" PF's phone - I recall that the attorney representing PF said he handed it over. Interesting choice of words in the Affidavit - perhaps the first hint that he was not cooperating and LE knew he was involved IMO.
Affidavit/source

Well yes. Because people are claiming she's the actual murderer instead of PF even though the evidence refutes that.

Oh we all know she's a soulless monster who wanted KB dead and gladly participated in covering up the killing and prior to that in trying to effectuate the murder.

But ultimately, she did not murder KB and people are twisting the evidence in order to make that so.

One post actually stated that PF was the victim and terrified of KK!
Everyone can and should form their own opinions. Headlines do not hold the whole story. <modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
I do too - did the article say the documents were never "filed" - because IMO we consider a filed document in a legal matter a pleading and in this case, it would seem to be his desire for custody and that would definitely be filed with the court if he was moving for full custody. However, if the documents were papers relating to the baby they could be anything IMO. I want to see the documents - but IMO they were filing for custody - I think something significant changed in the PF/KB relationship that summer (Oh how i wish I had screenshot some SM) and when he possibly discovered he had no shot at full custody, plan B was hatched with KK. All JMO.
If the documents had been filed and a custody petition entered, we would know about that by now. So I think its clear that whatever these documents are they were not "filed." By the way LE referred to them, it sounds like they were documents that "could" have been filed however. So that leads me to think they were drawn up by an attorney. So I am curious about that.

I do NOT think that custody was PF's motive. At least not the primary motive.

She's trying to save her own hide. The next twist is PF turns on her. It seems pretty obvious that she was totally into helping murder KB, but she was the weak link in every way - physically carrying it out and then couldn't keep from talking about it, even ahead of time. I don't think she could have beat KB and killed her like it was supposed to have happened because she wouldn't have been able to have KB stand defenselessly in front of her waiting to be bashed in the head. It's because of KK's weakness that LE knows what happened. PF's defense is going to try to show KK's deeper involvement and we will get more of the story fleshed out. The trial will winnow out most of the chaff. MOO.

I don't believe we will ever hear a word from PF. But yeah. His defense will likely try to implicate KK and based on the avid desire of many to see her as the actual murderer, it could work.

Did PF literally leave the mother of his child dead, alone and battered in her home for 2 days before KK showed up in her white suit, cleaning products to hand? Two whole days just decomposing alone :( what did KK do in this time after? She didn’t call LE that’s for sure this is beyond evil

Did PF literally leave the mother of his child dead, alone and battered in her home for 2 days before KK showed up in her white suit, cleaning products to hand? Two whole days just decomposing alone :( what did KK do in this time after? She didn’t call LE that’s for sure this is beyond evil
No, she was in the black tote on the hay bale in the barn in Nash ranch until he burned her.

Isn't Aug 2018 also when KB was in California for rehab? Could these papers be so PF could seek medical care while KB was out of town, or was he planning to seek custody?

Purely IMO but I believe strongly that both the unfiled custody papers and the documents referencing the people to reach out to should something happen to PF were both prepared by PF and/or Ma F AFTER KB’s murder and were backdated to make LE think they were done in August.

I do too - did the article say the documents were never "filed" - because IMO we consider a filed document in a legal matter a pleading and in this case, it would seem to be his desire for custody and that would definitely be filed with the court if he was moving for full custody. However, if the documents were papers relating to the baby they could be anything IMO. I want to see the documents - but IMO they were filing for custody - I think something significant changed in the PF/KB relationship that summer (Oh how i wish I had screenshot some SM) and when he possibly discovered he had no shot at full custody, plan B was hatched with KK. All JMO.
Yes, Slater said the papers were not filed. There may be more information available, but here's what I found doing a quick search.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
Slater was then asked to testify about documents found inside of Frazee’s home that contained paperwork about custody of his young daughter. He said this paperwork was dated in August 2018, but had never been filed.

If the documents had been filed and a custody petition entered, we would know about that by now. So I think its clear that whatever these documents are they were not "filed." By the way LE referred to them, it sounds like they were documents that "could" have been filed however. So that leads me to think they were drawn up by an attorney. So I am curious about that.

I am very interested in this - I have believed since the beginning it was based on custody (or rather, he wanted her to himself and to hurt KB would be a bonus IMO). Why murder when so much is at stake? I've thought of other motives, money, hate, control, power, evilness, betrayal, etc. but I just come back to the baby. Although if KB was seeing someone, that would make him very angry IMO not because he wanted her - he did not want anyone else to have her and be happy - and if he did use a baseball bat that would help explain the violence IMO. I also think he used KK and do believe he told her to come clean up her mess in that phone call 11/22. JMO

Yes, Slater said the papers were not filed. There may be more information available, but here's what I found doing a quick search.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
Slater was then asked to testify about documents found inside of Frazee’s home that contained paperwork about custody of his young daughter. He said this paperwork was dated in August 2018, but had never been filed.
Thank you for finding this. So custody that never got filed....something stopped him - the filing fee? NOT. I think the alternative plan if we are to believe the solicitations which began in September.

I'm going to take a wild stab at motive now. I wasn't seeing it before. All of this is MOO. The grain of truth in the lies may be that KB was getting weary of commuting to Pueblo from WP. Long commutes in heavy traffic are stressful. Had she sold or rented her condo and moved closer to work, PF and SF would have had less time with baby K and KB might have made other child care arrangements that did not include SF and may have resulted in PF having to pay child support. IMHO, SF in particular had bonded with little K, and PF was at least OK with the arrangement they had. So, PF investigated the possibility of getting full custody. In doing so, he determined that unless he could prove that KB was an unfit mother, that was not going to happen. So he started spreading lies about little K having burn marks on her hands, KB shutting the refrigerator door on her hand, KB being a terrible mother, etc. But he knew he'd need proof and he didn't have it. So his mind went to another, treacherous way of getting custody of K - by murdering her mother.

I wasn't seeing custody as a motive before because CB said that KB loved her job. And KB had purchased the townhome, so I assumed that she liked the area, loved her job, and wanted to stay. But it makes sense to me that after commuting to Pueblo in heavy traffic for several months, and also trying to care for an infant, that she needed to make a change.

All MOO

I am interested to see what the DA thinks. But it will probably be a long while before we know.

i think you pretty much nailed it. and this theory brings SF into the mix in a scary psychologically motivating way. MOO

Do we have any proof that PF really went to Thanksgiving dinner at the ranch? The only info I have read is the statement by his brother. How do we know this to be true? Overall, we've heard very little about and from the brother. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has more knowledge than we are lead to believe.
That said, I am not 100% convinced PF even went to the ranch for the family dinner. The timeline is awfully tight - and he would have needed time to clean himself up, change clothes, etc. before arriving there. Despite being LE himself, I wonder if the brother was covering for him not being at dinner.

I don't either, but I can't pinpoint why. I'm not getting a vibe that he would do anything to have the baby all to himself. What seems more likely is that changes were afoot. Their relaxed, non-binding arrangement was perhaps about to become more regimented and expensive for him if, say, KB was filing papers that would strictly outline his custody time and child support payments. I can envision him becoming enraged by the idea of following a script dictated to him by a woman and a court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member