CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. We are going so far backwards it ain’t even funny.

People are going to come on here tomorrow, and wind up completely confused.

Evidence that was presented to show PF’s location following the murder, is now being misinterpreted to prove a narrative that KK is the real killer.

Where am I right now?

This has become like a game of telephone. Seems to me that when things die down, i.e. no further info. re the case forthcoming, people (maybe unconsciously) start to look for things to talk about. Conspiracy theories sprout, data is misconstrued, etc.

All part of being human. :)

IDK. I just reread all the tweets from several reporters who were in the courtroom that day. The only mention of papers found during the search of PF's home are the ones dated from Aug 2018. Can you backtrack and find the ones from Dec? tia
It's in the Affidavit para 33 - document listing 5 names who could care for the baby and KB was not one of them - dated December 12, 2018

I seem to have entered the thread at an inopportune moment during a heated argument not of my making last night and I regret it.

I agree with you that CBI Slater was specifically addressing that PF and KB phones were moving in tandem, and that it was not about KK phone pinging locally. It's all in the context of the totality of Slater's testimony that can be reviewed in tweets on pages 51-52 of thread#39.

But I have found no specific statement from Slater excluding KK from being present in CO or anywhere prior to 11/24 except that MG states they exchanged cars on 11/23. The topic of KK's whereabouts on 11/22 is not addressed in the Prelim testimony that I can find.

I agree with you that in western US spoken English, 'the' and 'a' (defendant) can be virtually indistinguishable especially in poor acoustics. Maybe someone with a relationship can tweet Sam K and ask him to clarify his understanding since he was there and experienced the hearing.

Thanks for the reminder that this Prelim was only to establish probable cause re: PF - that makes sense to maintain as a background at all times to the information presented. I was left with the impression of careful, selected wording, and that the Prosecution has a great deal more that they have not revealed.
Sam has already clarified.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted **********
Kenney was in Idaho on Thanksgiving, swapped cars with her best friend the next day & drove to CO. She can't talk to the press, per her plea deal. Not sure why SF is pleading the 5th & why PF was with his brother. Kenney says she left her phone on for police to find her

I believe LE ‘s report states that PF’s cell phone was in KB’s place from about 1:30 through 4:30

Do you really think he would run home for lunch without his phone at this point?

This! I can't make sense of this, either. I can see no reason for him to leave his phone behind. I can't see him doing it accidentally (although he may have been a bit rattled) and I can't see him doing it deliberately.

At the same time, I really can't believe PF's brother, the one in LE, would lie. Be vague, yes. Outright lie? No. So PF was at SF's sometime Thanksgiving afternoon with Baby K.

She controlled him? Seriously? That horse beating man who stared with sinister rage at the media who dared to ask him a question, he was afraid of any woman?

My thoughts exactly. In addition to his command "you have a mess to clean up." Granted, at this point we only have her word of that comment, but I don't doubt it was said.

I don't believe he was in fear of mamma F, I think he was *emboldened* by mamma F.

I think he's a defense attorney that likes to make provocative statements that cast doubt about a defendant's guilt. He also made similar, hyperbolic statements indicating CW was innocent and/or they wouldn't be able to use his own statements against him.
I have no doubt that PF killed KB with the aid of KKL, but I must admit I found Scott Reisch theory on YouTube interesting. That’s because I’m wondering what defense PF will use, in light of all the incriminating evidence against him. I keep remembering how stunned I was when CA was found not guilty. (and OJ) It's scary because it only takes one juror to have doubt about PF’s guilt. Strictly MOO.

Everyone can and should form their own opinions. Headlines do not hold the whole story. I’ll take an out of the box thinker who is proven wrong than a flock follower any day of the week.
Keep thinking outside the box people!!

I absolutely agree! I think its highly important to not focus in on a certain scenario, as long as there is evidence to back it up and make it plausible !

What am I missing? He called his mother at 4:24 PM from KB’s condo. And yet his brother says he was at the ranch at 2:30 or a little later. So is it possible he ran home for a quick lunch to say he was there and then left and went back to KB’s condo and called his mom from there? But why?

Maybe he took the baby to his mom to watch while he went back to KB’s to gather the gun, her purse, and her body to dispose of them?

My opine.

He killed Kelsey left for T-day at moms, left went back to Kelsey’s then removed her body, he took her to nash ranch (brother was in the way) then moved her after kk was there to help.

Then, on Nov. 22, Frazee called Kenney in Idaho and said, "You got to get here now. You got a mess to clean up," Slater testified.

Grisly account of murder of Kelsey Berreth provided by Idaho nurse

Kenney was seen on surveillance video Nov. 24 at a Conoco in Florissant. Also captured in that video was Frazee, filling a 5-gallon jug of gasoline.

@PommyMommy and everyone....

Sorry, I've been busy with work and real life and I haven't been able to read every post.

Should I update the Nov. 22 - 4:37 pm bullet on the timeline to this :

At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number. Slater says PF’s phone pinged off a tower in Divide, CO, when he made that call. Shortly after, PF received a return call from that number and his phone pinged in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Slater said KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered.
I would change the last sentence to read, "Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered."

Just keepin' it real. ;) Thanks for getting back to us so quickly!

ETA a MOO and:

Kenney was in Idaho on Thanksgiving, swapped cars with her best friend the next day & drove to CO. She can't talk to the press, per her plea deal. Not sure why SF is pleading the 5th & why PF was with his brother. Kenney says she left her phone on for police to find her

Last edited:
Thank you for finding this. So custody that never got filed....something stopped him - the filing fee? NOT. I think the alternative plan if we are to believe the solicitations which began in September.

I think he didn't file because he didn't want KB to know that he was planning to get full custody. He was still pretending to be her loving fiancé' and he needed her to trust him while he planned her demise. JMO

Dang it. I have to leave for an appointment but just want briefly reply.

BS, Dan May.

It was Kelsey's family (her bro, I believe) who spotted blood in the bathroom, leading to a more thorough examination by LE. It is THAT that identified Kelsey likely being killed at home, not KK's story. He's making excuses because their crappy deal has let off a dangerous and violent psycho who was a party to this crime.
I think this is what the DA was referring to.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
Slater said Kenney told him there was blood everywhere. She was tasked with disposing of certain items -- including a bloody Bible and the sweater she claims Frazee used to cover Berreth’s eyes -- as well as wiping the blood off surfaces around the home.

But, Slater said Kenney also claimed she left some blood behind -- one of the multiple clues she hoped to leave investigators, even as she helped Frazee cover up his crime.

According to Slater, when investigators returned to Berreth’s apartment with Kenney, she was able to point them to blood spatters they hadn’t seen before.

Also:

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
The sites where investigators and Kenney visited during the second interview with CSPD: the Nash Ranch, Kelsey’s townhome & back to the Frazee residence. Those were on Dec. 21, state says.

Last edited:
I would change the last sentence to read, "Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered."

Just keepin' it real. ;) Thanks for getting back with us so quickly!

:D Thanks for keeping everything straight. I will update it to this:

4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number. Slater says PF’s phone pinged off a tower in Divide, CO, when he made that call. Shortly after, PF received a return call from that number and his phone pinged in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome."Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered."

Just keepin' it real. ;) Thanks for getting back with us so quickly!

ETA a MOO and:

I firmly believe LE has evidence regarding where exactly KK was and we just don't need to see it yet. IMO

This! I can't make sense of this, either. I can see no reason for him to leave his phone behind. I can't see him doing it accidentally (although he may have been a bit rattled) and I can't see him doing it deliberately.

At the same time, I really can't believe PF's brother, the one in LE, would lie. Be vague, yes. Outright lie? No. So PF was at SF's sometime Thanksgiving afternoon with Baby K.
I only brought it up because the preliminary hearing put the timeline out there. I use hope LE has the timeline airtight. We know PF and KK are guilty. What we don’t know are the ways the defense can fight this. What none of us want to see is another crazy jury, as in CA case.

I think this is what the DA was referring to.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
Slater said Kenney told him there was blood everywhere. She was tasked with disposing of certain items -- including a bloody Bible and the sweater she claims Frazee used to cover Berreth’s eyes -- as well as wiping the blood off surfaces around the home.

But, Slater said Kenney also claimed she left some blood behind -- one of the multiple clues she hoped to leave investigators, even as she helped Frazee cover up his crime.

According to Slater, when investigators returned to Berreth’s apartment with Kenney, she was able to point them to blood spatters they hadn’t seen before.
Photographic memory by KK or did she take pictures ? My bet is pictures and LE has them IMO

Photographic memory by KK or did she take pictures ? My bet is pictures and LE has them IMO
I do think she took took pictures to show PF how good everything was cleaned up. I also think those photos were lost when she destroyed her phone after arriving home in Idaho, hence I don't believe LE has ever seen them....MOO

Oh what about the friend of PF that came for a package to KBs on the 22nd of Nov.?

It was Dec 2 that CB asked PF to pick up a package at KB's. I don't see anything about a friend being there in Nov 22. Do you know where I can find that? tia!!

From the Berreth's civil suit:

"17. Also, on or about December 2, 2018, Cheryl-Lee Berreth asked Frazee to go to Kelsey’s home to check on her. Frazee said he was in Westcliffe but promised that he would do so. Cheryl-Lee Berreth also sent a text message to Frazee on or about this same date, asking him to pick up a package if it was on Kelsey’s doorstep. Upon information and belief, Frazee did neither."

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/amended+complaint3.pdf

Either KB or PF talked to her about the incident. But it's interesting. If true that means there was financial strain between the two.

I recall CB stating at the beginning g that they were engaged but couldn't marry because of the cattle industry doing poorly. I bet that was the excuse PF gave.

Seems he was stringing her along. And she knew something was wrong but hoped for the best.
I wonder if when she completed treatment for depression or anxiety she began to see things more clearly. Maybe she realized PF wasn't all that he seemed to be.
Maybe it gave her the strength or the confidence to eventually tell PF she had no intention of allowing him to have full custody of the child, and was going to fight him in court.
PF may have realized he wouldn't stand a chance.
Since he had the custody papers, he must have initially planned just to take her to court. He probably thought her getting treatment would work to his benefit, but instead maybe it gave Kelsey more power and control. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288