CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that the gun was ever fired. There was a bullet missing, and one in the chamber, but no confirmation it was actually fired.

We don't know that the gun was ever fired. There was a bullet missing, and one in the chamber, but no confirmation it was actually fired.
She might have told pf she had that gun. Would he take a bullet out for who knows what reason. Future use?

I am wondering the same. Might there be even another burner phone that LE, at this point, knows nothing about...and photos are on it? If so, I'm not sure why she'd hold that evidence back tho'. I wonder if is feasible for LE to check all pings registered in the very near vicinity of KB's phone on the date KK says she was their cleaning? Then try to match those pings/phones up with people, and/or figure out which of those pings belong to "real" phones and which to burners.

Wandering mind here, maybe I am bored. LOL!!
It would be too late to do this now. The pings are stored for a very short time before they are overwritten. However, they may have done a tower dump at the time - we don't know.
MOO

Last edited:
Everyone can and should form their own opinions. Headlines do not hold the whole story. I’ll take an out of the box thinker who is proven wrong than a flock follower any day of the week.
Keep thinking outside the box people!!

I hear ya' but using logic and common sense instead of twisting evidence is not being a flock follower. And desperately twisting evidence in order to fit a scenario rooted in emotion (anger) rather than fact, is not what I consider out of the box thinking.

Maybe he was so overwhelmed with all the stress of beating someone to death with a baseball bat and all the blood everywhere that he forgot his phone. Imo
If he did go back in between - he still called his Mom around 4:30 (affidavit) so did he kill her - go home with the baby and come back and finish up something then make the phone calls (leaving his phone there???). JMO

If the documents had been filed and a custody petition entered, we would know about that by now. So I think its clear that whatever these documents are they were not "filed." By the way LE referred to them, it sounds like they were documents that "could" have been filed however. So that leads me to think they were drawn up by an attorney. So I am curious about that.

I do NOT think that custody was PF's motive. At least not the primary motive.

Hmm. What's your sense?

I don't know why your post made me think of this, but....if I were MG and I got my car back from my BFF and weeks later noticed a bullet missing from my gun, I'd call my 'BFF' and ask her about it.

I might not be immediately suspicious, but I would ask. You know, was she checking out the gun and fired off a shot just for grins and forgot to tell me?

She had a samsung with gmail /location mapping. They may have synced to her gmail account or other cloud-based picture storage. let's hope. Or, if she sent them to his phone which they got December 4 - perhaps he didn't erase them? If there are any pictures of course all JMO. but this is a man who apparently tried to use baby wipes to clean up a murder scene
I don't think he tried to clean up the murder scene at all. He used the baby wipes to clean himself, and left them and the rest of the mess for KK. Imo

Dec 14, second bulletpoint - KK was interviewed over the phone. I know the 4 1/2 hour interview in Colorado Springs was audio and video recorded, but I'm not sure about the phone call while she was in Vegas. Anyone?
MOO

@SamKraemerTV
FBI made first contact with Krystal Kenney on Dec. 14. She was in Las Vegas with family & friends at the time, per Slater. They said Kenney wasn’t forthcoming with her relationship to Frazee, only calling it a business relationship that began in 2006. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

10:40 AM - 19 Feb 2019

I am very interested in this - I have believed since the beginning it was based on custody (or rather, he wanted her to himself and to hurt KB would be a bonus IMO). Why murder when so much is at stake? I've thought of other motives, money, hate, control, power, evilness, betrayal, etc. but I just come back to the baby. Although if KB was seeing someone, that would make him very angry IMO not because he wanted her - he did not want anyone else to have her and be happy - and if he did use a baseball bat that would help explain the violence IMO. I also think he used KK and do believe he told her to come clean up her mess in that phone call 11/22. JMO

I'm with ya'. Especially as a family law attorney and observing PF and his mother and their life together. It makes sense to me. But I'm eager to hear other perspectives. Especially from @PrairieWind.

I believe Plan A was for KK to take KB's remains to dispose of them. She says she refused, so PF came up with Plan B, burning the remains and evidence.
Again KK gets to lay all the blame on PF, "look what he did" and deflect her active participation, and equal guilt, in getting rid of her rival for PF's affections. She wanted it done just as much as PF, she just didn't want to get caught holding the smoking gun so to speak. She's just as much of a coward as PF.
MOO

I don't think he tried to clean up the murder scene at all. He used the baby wipes to clean himself, and left them and the rest of the mess for KK. Imo
That makes a lot of sense.
@SamKraemerTV
FBI made first contact with Krystal Kenney on Dec. 14. She was in Las Vegas with family & friends at the time, per Slater. They said Kenney wasn’t forthcoming with her relationship to Frazee, only calling it a business relationship that began in 2006. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Right, but was it recorded, do you know? Thanks for finding the tweet. :)
MOO

@Seattle1 said:
I believe the affidavit cited Sean F as making 2 trips to SF home on Thanksgiving— and saw PF on the later. MOO

Is there another affidavit, I reread it and couldn't find anything about sf2. Did we hear it at the preliminary hearing instead?

Sorry - after second look, it was not the affidavit where SF2 cited but the 2/20/19 CS Gazette:

Sean Frazee, Patrick's brother and a Colorado Springs police officer, dropped by Patrick's house at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 22, Adams said.

Patrick was not home, but when Sean arrived "a little later," Patrick was there with his and Berreth's 1-year-old daughter. Nothing was out of the ordinary, Adams said.

Grisly account of murder of Kelsey Berreth provided by Idaho nurse

Dec 14, second bulletpoint - KK was interviewed over the phone. I know the 4 1/2 hour interview in Colorado Springs was audio and video recorded, but I'm not sure about the phone call while she was in Vegas. Anyone?
MOO

If he did go back in between - he still called his Mom around 4:30 (affidavit) so did he kill her - go home with the baby and come back and finish up something then make the phone calls (leaving his phone there???). JMO

@SamKraemerTV

That makes a lot of sense.

Right, but was it recorded, do you know? Thanks for finding the tweet. :)
MOO

This is what we currently have on our timeline for Dec. 14th.

December 14, 2018 - Friday
  • Search Warrant Frazee Property/Residence
  • FBI made first contact with KK on Dec. 14. She was in Las Vegas with family & friends at the time, per Slater. They said KK wasn’t forthcoming with her relationship to PF, only calling it a business relationship that began in 2006.
  • Slater said, KK told the FBI she came to Colorado to talk with PF about a horse that weekend. KK told the FBI agent that she didn’t know who KB was.
  • At some point, investigators bring up the ping from KB’s phone in Idaho. She says she didn’t know. KK also refused to give release her phone records at that point

I'm hoping the defense's 'counter attack' won't work. LE KEPT repeating throughout the affidavit that such and such was corroborated with the evidence. If the defense wants to flip it, they'll have to have some evidence to back it up you'd think. Or not. We know what happened with CAnthony. If they get a very 'imaginative' juror, yikes.

It's scary because sometimes I think people might view a criminal case like this as an opportunity to be creative and to work to see how a defendant may not be guilty. When instead it's not about working hard to prove a defendant may be innocent but instead determining if the state has met their burden of proving he or she is guilty.

Some who may value creativily assisting the defense could end up jurors. And if part of the desire to be creative is rooted in emotion it could become problematic.

I am curious - did the FBI agent testifying not have to use the Affidavit as a basis for his testimony? Did he do it from memory and that is why there seems to be information in tweets but not in the Affidavit??

This is what we currently have on our timeline for Dec. 14th.

December 14, 2018 - Friday
  • Search Warrant Frazee Property/Residence
  • FBI made first contact with KK on Dec. 14. She was in Las Vegas with family & friends at the time, per Slater. They said KK wasn’t forthcoming with her relationship to PF, only calling it a business relationship that began in 2006.
  • Slater said, KK told the FBI she came to Colorado to talk with PF about a horse that weekend. KK told the FBI agent that she didn’t know who KB was.
  • At some point, investigators bring up the ping from KB’s phone in Idaho. She says she didn’t know. KK also refused to give release her phone records at that point
Okay. I was just suggesting that it include she was interviewed by phone, but we can probably just make that assumption from what you have there.
MOO

First post is a question ... if PF was captured on video between 12:54 and 1:17 at Walmart with Baby K in carrier and then captured at KBs at ... 1:24 ... where was Baby K. Then PF on video again at KBs door at 3:36 ... still no mention of Baby K. Have I missed something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail