CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two possibilities are 1) she didn't go down right away and the beating took place across a few rooms, and 2) he was walking around with the bat dropping blood everywhere. Or both. Also, it is a pretty small condo. The kitchen and the living room are close and smallish.
Sorry to mention this, but he also had to place her body in the tote. This possibly would leave more blood on him and the surrounding area between where her body was and the tote. Then there would be more blood to track into other areas.
Again, sorry to be so graphic, but I hope she didn’t stagger in and out of other rooms.
Jmo

Edit to fix grammar

Last edited:
So according to KK, PF solicits her 3 times to kill KB. She fails each time. In essence telling him “no”, three times. He then does it himself.

After PF kills KB, he calls KK and she never says no to coming to clean up the mess. I don’t think she told him no right? She just gets in her car and does it.

He then tells her to take the remains and she tells him “no”, so his plan B was to burn them.

I’m trying to figure out (and yes I should know better), why the heck she did not just tell him no and make him clean his own mess at the condo?

She told him no by not committing the crime 3 times and she told him no by refusing to take the remains, why was her answer full on yes to the clean up?

If it was because she thought he could tie her to the 3 attempts, had he tried that, the texts (again according to KK) would have pointed at him asking her to do it, more negatively reflecting on him I would think in LE’s eyes if he tried to pin anything on KK.

I just don’t get why she came for the clean up, clearly she was able to tell him no.

Everyone can and should form their own opinions. Headlines do not hold the whole story. I’ll take an out of the box thinker who is proven wrong than a flock follower any day of the week.
Keep thinking outside the box people!!

I don't mind being a part of the herd when the presented evidence points me in that direction. For me, creativity is for Hollywood and James Patterson. In real life cases, I prefer facts over story.

That makes a lot of sense.

Right, but was it recorded, do you know? Thanks for finding the tweet. :)
MOO

Nope, I don't know if it was recorded.
12 p.m.

Slater’s testimony went on to discuss how investigators determined that the Idaho phone number Frazee called the afternoon of Nov. 22 belonged to Krystal Lee Kenney.

This prompted investigators to reach out to her.

She was first contacted by law enforcement in December, according to Slater. Lee was in Las Vegas at the time, Slater said. During that first phone call, he alleged that Lee claimed she didn’t know Frazee well and that their relationship was mainly about owning cattle together.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Interesting ideas but, if he shot her, wouldn't he have used her own weapon if trying to stage a suicide (a version that's been floated and not sure where that came from) ? Allegedly, KK wasn't there yet so MG's gun couldn't have been, either. So the the story goes, anyway. Since her body was not left there, the staged suicide would be a no but shooting is still possible.

However she was killed, I still can't fathom how blood was spread all over the condo. One swing of a bat would knock her out and a bullet to the head would send blood spatter in one direction. Both methods would be very bloody but contained to one area, I would think. So far, I've read blood in the living room, kitchen, upstairs and bathroom. Bathroom could be entirely due to personal and/or condo clean up. He may have gone upstairs to get something after killing her, hence bloody footprints up the stairs and in the loft. But, the kitchen and living room are a large area for blood spatter. That's too widespread for a bullet. Multiple swings of the bat (back and forth), with blood on the bat, could send blood flying in both directions. The thing is, after the first hit, it would seen Kelsey would have been on the floor and it would be hard to keep swinging a bat at her. I just don't know. I'm also sorry to be laying out a visual of something so terrible but it's relevant.

She might have been stumbling around as he beat her to death. Trying to get away. And then of course he spent time cleaning himself up.

There had to have been some serious rage involved. To me this comes back down to he wasn't going to allow some woman to dare try to take away his possession.

But they most likely can't create reasonable doubt when the state has solid evidence unless they can present evidence of their own that refutes it or calls it into question.
Not true. They can say whatever they want and don’t have to prove it. However a jury doesn’t have to believe it.

I don't think the motivation was custody, though I'm in the minority, I know.

To be sure, I do think he wanted custody. I don't dispute that.

But I think he killed KB because he despised her. He wanted her gone. Didn't even want to deal her in any way whatsoever, even if she had no custody. I think his motivation was to be rid of her with as little hassle (paperwork, court case, contact, even conversation) as possible.

I realize others think it was custody only and I get that. I think it was custody plus hatred.

jmo
The way he killed her was pure hatred. More than a custody issue. Just a spoiled mamas boy who couldn’t have his way. Wonder how long his life was full of such rage and hatred and if it had to do with mama and daddy.

Dang it. I have to leave for an appointment but just want briefly reply.

BS, Dan May.

It was Kelsey's family (her bro, I believe) who spotted blood in the bathroom, leading to a more thorough examination by LE. It is THAT that identified Kelsey likely being killed at home, not KK's story. He's making excuses because their crappy deal has let off a dangerous and violent psycho who was a party to this crime.
yeah, and his excuses kinda offer cover to the WPPD and CBI for the somewhat shoddy investigative work at the condo. i get that it was initially a missing person case but seems to me all LE could have had quite a bit more focus on what the condo had as far as evidence. did they think the cinnamon rolls were for them for stopping by? sorry, MOO

I would change the last sentence to read, "Reporter Sam Kraemer, who was present at the hearing, understood Slater's testimony to mean that KK was in Idaho on November 22, the day KB was murdered."

Just keepin' it real. ;) Thanks for getting back to us so quickly!

ETA a MOO and:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted **********
Kenney was in Idaho on Thanksgiving, swapped cars with her best friend the next day & drove to CO. She can't talk to the press, per her plea deal. Not sure why SF is pleading the 5th & why PF was with his brother. Kenney says she left her phone on for police to find her
yeah.
+10 on the Sams serious credibility issues. my shout out to Sam... heck, Sam, ever looked into a hearing aid? MOO

She might have told pf she had that gun. Would he take a bullet out for who knows what reason. Future use?
I just had a horrible thought.
What if KB wasn't dead after the beating, and haystack, what if she stirred, took a breath showed some slight sign of life. Then the gun was used to finish her off?
That could account for missing bullet.
MOO

But they most likely can't create reasonable doubt when the state has solid evidence unless they can present evidence of their own that refutes it or calls it into question.
So I’ll pose to you the question, if you are a juror and have to convict him right now, do you?

Not true. They can say whatever they want and don’t have to prove it. However a jury doesn’t have to believe it.
They can. And the jury can laugh at them and discount it when what they say, isn’t supported by evidence.

You can’t plausibly blame a person who isn’t there, and exonerate a guy who told lie after lie, and whose every deception was tracked and exposed.

yeah.
+10 on the Sams serious credibility issues. my shout out to Sam... heck, Sam, ever looked into a hearing aid? MOO
He wasn't the only reporter who had errors. In fact, Ashley Franco's tweet about PF's phone pings is the one that caused all the chaos and confusion here last night. And, just about all of the reporters who have attended court appearances in this case have complained about the acoustics in the courtroom and how hard it is to hear. At least Sam clarifies/corrects his mistakes which I cannot say for many others.
MOO

First post is a question ... if PF was captured on video between 12:54 and 1:17 at Walmart with Baby K in carrier and then captured at KBs at ... 1:24 ... where was Baby K. Then PF on video again at KBs door at 3:36 ... still no mention of Baby K. Have I missed something?
PF picked up the baby from Kelsey, right after she returned from the Safeway.

He then took the baby to Walmart, and returned to the house.

It was at this point he spent approximately two hours in the house, and left with Kelsey’s phone, and the baby.

ETA: I misread your question. The baby apparently wasn’t spotted on camera at the house, or wasn’t mentioned if she was.

I just had a horrible thought.
What if KB wasn't dead after the beating, and haystack, what if she stirred, took a breath showed some slight sign of life. Then the gun was used to finish her off?
That could account for missing bullet.
MOO
The missing bullet was from MG's gun. MG's gun was in Idaho at the time KB was murdered.
MOO

So according to KK, PF solicits her 3 times to kill KB. She fails each time. In essence telling him “no”, three times. He then does it himself.

After PF kills KB, he calls KK and she never says no to coming to clean up the mess. I don’t think she told him no right? She just gets in her car and does it.

He then tells her to take the remains and she tells him “no”, so his plan B was to burn them.

I’m trying to figure out (and yes I should know better), why the heck she did not just tell him no and make him clean his own mess at the condo?

She told him no by not committing the crime 3 times and she told him no by refusing to take the remains, why was her answer full on yes to the clean up?

If it was because she thought he could tie her to the 3 attempts, had he tried that, the texts (again according to KK) would have pointed at him asking her to do it, more negatively reflecting on him I would think in LE’s eyes if he tried to pin anything on KK.

I just don’t get why she came for the clean up, clearly she was able to tell him no.
Well its all according to her that he solicted her 3 times. There may be other evidence (texts) to support this, but we don't know yet. But she didn't just say "no" to these solicitations. In fact, she actually went there and made some attempts to carry out the murder (showed up with coffee, bought a bat, showed up to her house) and the reason she didn't follow through wasn't because she had moral objections, it was for other reasons (ie dog barked, someone was near, etc). This is highly relevant to the defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member