CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't the only reporter who had errors. In fact, Ashley Franco's tweet about PF's phone pings is the one that caused all the chaos and confusion here last night. And, just about all of the reporters who have attended court appearances in this case have complained about the acoustics in the courtroom and how hard it is to hear. At least Sam clarifies/corrects his mistakes which I cannot say for many others.
MOO
yeah, i guess i'm old school. something about verifying before you publish. which, when your medium is twitter and you're in a race with other twitterheads is hard, if not impossible to do. i get it. twitter as the medium. so is the crap information to be excused? i think not. does it matter that 10 others may have also mis=informed? i think not. YMMV.

Could he have yet another friend with a killer heart? Sheesh!

When following the preliminary by tweets, I followed #KB, not just one person. It was very clear at that time when I was reading along from different posters, that they were talking about the capturing of video of people around KB's house for their investigation in total. They were not talking about the 22nd when they mentioned those two people, in my opinion they were just speaking in general.

He said at one time we saw worker and another time we saw a friend come by of frazee's to pick up a package. I don't believe it was specifically talking about the 22nd that those two things happened. We know that because her mother called Frazee a few days later to ask him to go pick up a package, and he said he could not. So my assumption is he sent somebody else to get it after the mother contacted him about the package.

Moo

ETA, I see gliving has that...

"From the Berreth's civil suit:

"17. Also, on or about December 2, 2018, Cheryl-Lee Berreth asked Frazee to go to Kelsey’s home to check on her. Frazee said he was in Westcliffe but promised that he would do so. Cheryl-Lee Berreth also sent a text message to Frazee on or about this same date, asking him to pick up a package if it was on Kelsey’s doorstep. Upon information and belief, Frazee did neither."

Did they ever clarify anything about the security camera that captured the images of KB and PF at the condo on 11/22? I’m very curious when they obtained that footage and why there seem to be only two images on 11/22, no more? Were they not able to obtain later dates? This puzzles me. I’m hoping they have more images just are not releasing them until trial. Would that make sense?

This puzzles me too. I'm concerned that there's been no reference to PF at the door with a bat/leaving with the tote, etc. (although I'm guessing the weapon was in the tote?) We were surprised by the amount of evidence that was revealed on Tuesday, but I realize only enough evidence to take PF to trial was necessary.

Can we assume, do you think, that they have video we haven't heard about?

It worries me if they only have KK's word for it.

Edited for clarity

I'm sorry if this was brought up already - I am 2 1/2 threads behind. Wasn't it questioned at one point if LE could do testing on possible evidence, though it would destroy the evidence by doing so? Is that evidence from the burn site? I can't think of the official term for it, and I can't bring myself to say what the fire was for.

A story that apparently had enough merit for her to be offered a deal. I always assume LE and the DA have more information than I.
What concerns me about the deal that the DA gave her is the SPEED at which it was offered. It apparently was mid Dec, only weeks after the crime and only really a week or two into the investigation. Usually a deal like this only comes a long way down the road, when no other options are available. Why didn't May wait to see what else LE turned up? Why not have more confidence in his office's ability to prosecute PF without this deal? There shouldn't have been any rush to judgment here. I know many here think they might have been worried about the baby's well being but I don't think she was ever in any danger and I don't think LE though so either.

I really do see your point/angle on this, you don't need to keep explaining it. You are saying because of the manner in which he killed her, that he was somehow prompted to killing her that day (as opposed to, I dunno, the following week?). I agree that violent beatings tend to be tied to emotions, but the reality is that is not always the case. I think he hated KB and wanted her to suffer, and that's why he chose to kill her that way.

But why did he hate her!?

If I am the defense attorney, i would work very very hard on what actual evidence there is to support this. MG and KK's dad's testimony alone? or is there more? Cell records aren't going to cut it.
Let’s say the jury thinks that CL, MG, KK’s dad, and whoever else, is all lying.

According to Slater, texts and phone records support her account that PF contacted her following the murder, and jibe with his “you have a mess to clean up,” comment.

If her phone is in Idaho during all of this, as law enforcement believes, and the location data tracks her path from Thanksgiving dinner, to the pickup point for MG’s car (23rd) and her route to Woodland Park; that’s incredibly compelling.

These witnesses statements that some might consider dubious, would be supported by phone evidence that puts KK with her phone, and her location nowhere near the crime scene on the date in question.

I wish the defense all the luck in the world.

We don't know that the gun was ever fired. There was a bullet missing, and one in the chamber, but no confirmation it was actually fired.
If you have a gun with 8 rounds in a magazine, none in the chamber, then later find it with one in the chamber and only 6 in the magazine, the logical conclusion is that it has been fired. But why? and by whom? This sounds like Agatha Christie stuff!

Or just enough merit to get a precious child into safe arms. Thank God!
I absolutely think they have additional evidence and keep in mind, we are still awaiting testing from the swiffer and bleach but they know there is blood para 32 Affidavit- What explanation could PF/SF have for that if it's KB's? I guess he could say she cut herself and borrowed my Swiffer - and brought it back bloody. But this at the same time there is blood in the home where she was killed? I don't think any reasonable juror would buy that story but then I watched the CA trial...so there's that. Let me amend my opening statement - I hope LE has more evidence just in case there is a juror who defies normal logic because I see the evidence they released so far clearly points to PF as guilty. I just wonder what else they have but am a bit afraid to know - IMO.

What concerns me about the deal that the DA gave her is the SPEED at which it was offered. It apparently was mid Dec, only weeks after the crime and only really a week or two into the investigation. Usually a deal like this only comes a long way down the road, when no other options are available. Why didn't May wait to see what else LE turned up? Why not have more confidence in his office's ability to prosecute PF without this deal? There shouldn't have been any rush to judgment here. I know many here think they might have been worried about the baby's well being but I don't think she was ever in any danger and I don't think LE though so either.

Baby K was absolutely in danger IMO !

I don't think the motivation was custody, though I'm in the minority, I know.

To be sure, I do think he wanted custody. I don't dispute that.

But I think he killed KB because he despised her. He wanted her gone. Didn't even want to deal her in any way whatsoever, even if she had no custody. I think his motivation was to be rid of her with as little hassle (paperwork, court case, contact, even conversation) as possible.

I realize others think it was custody only and I get that. I think it was custody plus hatred.

jmo

During his first interview on the phone, he stated that she was spending a lot of time in Pueblo but he did not want to go into it. We also know that she had a dinner date with somebody in Pueblo that week before she went missing and was murdered. My guess is it was building up that she was going to be moving to Pueblo, and he and his mother would not be able to see the baby as much. That may not be specifically designed as a custody dispute, but it all ties together in my opinion. She was going to be moving further away and would not be able to bring the baby over anymore. She would get caretaking in Pueblo.

I'm sorry if this was brought up already - I am 2 1/2 threads behind. Wasn't it questioned at one point if LE could do testing on possible evidence, though it would destroy the evidence by doing so? Is that evidence from the burn site? I can't think of the official term for it, and I can't bring myself to say what the fire was for.

It's first mentioned in Jan and then again this week at PF's hearing. We don't know what it is. I can't tell if it's important as they seem to put off the testing.

Jan 04, 2019
"Prosecutors and defense attorneys also discussed the motion for consumptive testing in the case for evidence that could be destroyed once it is tested. Both sides agreed that there was no need to rush the tests, as prosecutors said the piece of evidence was not as critical as they originally thought. The judge did not rule on the motion on Friday and the discussion is expected to continue up until Frazee’s preliminary hearing, which was set Friday for Feb. 19 at 9 a.m."
Judge: Frazee warrant to remain sealed for now

Feb 19
"State now bringing up its motion for consumptive testing (first brought back on Dec. 31). Defense says it’s not ready to address that. Judge set that for a separate legal argument hearing on March 4 at 8:30 a.m."
Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Let’s say the jury thinks that CL, MG, KK’s dad, and whoever else, is all lying.

According to Slater, texts and phone records support her account that PF contacted her following the murder, and jibe with his “you have a mess to clean up,” comment.

If her phone is in Idaho during all of this, as law enforcement believes, and the location data tracks her path from Thanksgiving dinner, to the pickup point for MG’s car (23rd) and her route to Woodland Park; that’s incredibly compelling.

These witnesses statements that some might consider dubious, would be supported by phone evidence that puts KK with her phone, and her location nowhere near the crime scene on the date in question.

I wish the defense all the luck in the world.
I was with you till that last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member