CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re little K and KKL:
Slater says Kenney didn’t learn of Kaylee until July. He says Kenney was shocked. Slater says Kenney brought a t-shirt and toys for Kaylee in an August 2018 visit, when she learned of Kelsey. She says Frazee didn’t want to talk about it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee
Slater: Krystal said Frazee would call her with questions about medicine for Kaylee, since she’s a nurse. Kenney says Frazee called Kelsey a terrible mother, physically abusive toward Kaylee. She said Frazee cited examples. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee

Would that require him to take the stand?

Nope. Just think of casey Anthony's case. The defense simply suggested that her dad was the killer and never presented an ounce of evidence to show that. Casey never took the stand.

But for those dingbat jurors it was enough. (Especially since they really just wanted to go home).

I think maybe he and his mom sat down and spoke to an attorney at some point who honestly told him there was pretty much no chance of him getting full custody of baby K. The baby had an established, secure living situation with her mom. The court would favor keeping the baby with what she's been accustomed to, unless KB was somehow unfit...that's why PF wanted to portray her that way.

My sister practices as a family law attorney and she has to give people reality checks like that all the time. He wanted his way and decided to take matters into his own hands. MOO

IMO, this makes a lot of sense.

It would be too late to do this now. The pings are stored for a very short time before they are overwritten. However, they may have done a tower dump at the time - we don't know.
MOO

With 32 search warrants to be released, (not) patiently waiting to see what they did get.

Do you remember if there was a time given for the bank video? I probably need to look back at the affidavit, but what I remember is that the baby carrier was seen in the truck. (Not the baby, specifically) If that's correct, and I'll check on it, then it could be that he dropped K off with SF, ate Thanksgiving dinner, and collected the tote at that time?
MOO
No, I did not see a time stated for the ENT bank video, but just the date 11/22. The Pros wanted to point out the black tote in the bed of PF truck.

(I think PF went to Walmart and the bank knowing he would be captured on video with the baby/carrier to support his alibi for the time of the murder. The Pros would not help him with that by giving the time? but they gave the Walmart time 1254-1317 which conflicts slightly with PF,KB flowers and baby at KB door "around 1 PM." I trust the timeline will all be nailed down, eventually. This is like a giant puzzle, with moving parts, in 3D. JMO)

Nope. Just think of casey Anthony's case. The defense simply suggested that her dad was the killer and never presented an ounce of evidence to show that. Casey never took the stand.

But for those dingbat jurors it was enough. (Especially since they really just wanted to go home).

Uggh I throw up a little every time I remember that :|

Again KK gets to lay all the blame on PF, "look what he did" and deflect her active participation, and equal guilt, in getting rid of her rival for PF's affections. She wanted it done just as much as PF, she just didn't want to get caught holding the smoking gun so to speak. She's just as much of a coward as PF.
MOO

And she is dangerous and should go to prison for this. imo

I've always had trouble with that timeline. Other posters have pointed out that PF's appearance at Walmart really narrows things down. IIRC, I remember thinking he couldn't have spent more than half an hour at SF's on Thanksgiving afternoon - basically show up, grab a plate, eat and run.
ITA. That's what I think, too, exactly.

I hope KKL is a compelling witness under cross. Jurors scare me after the CA case. :eek:

Re cadaver dog and cars:
Slater says the dog alerted on the driver’s rear bumper area of the Toyota Corolla. Didn’t hit anywhere else on those vehicles. @KOAA#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Slater says he didn’t see any tracks of those vehicles traveling in the snow that was on the ground. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
-.-
Adams says the dog hit on the ground near Kelsey’s green Toyota on Dec. 4. It was parked in the space right in front of her door. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

I seem to have entered the thread at an inopportune moment during a heated argument not of my making last night and I regret it.

I agree with you that CBI Slater was specifically addressing that PF and KB phones were moving in tandem, and that it was not about KK phone pinging locally. It's all in the context of the totality of Slater's testimony that can be reviewed in tweets on pages 51-52 of thread#39.

But I have found no specific statement from Slater excluding KK from being present in CO or anywhere prior to 11/24 except that MG states they exchanged cars on 11/23. The topic of KK's whereabouts on 11/22 is not addressed in the Prelim testimony that I can find.

I agree with you that in western US spoken English, 'the' and 'a' (defendant) can be virtually indistinguishable especially in poor acoustics. Maybe someone with a relationship can tweet Sam K and ask him to clarify his understanding since he was there and experienced the hearing.

Thanks for the reminder that this Prelim was only to establish probable cause re: PF - that makes sense to maintain as a background at all times to the information presented. I was left with the impression of careful, selected wording, and that the Prosecution has a great deal more that they have not revealed.

Pommy Mommy has linked to all the articles that cite Slater's testimony clearly stating KK was not present during the murder and arrived in CO on 11-24. It can't get any clearer, IMO!

I believe your Tippy Lynn interpretation of the transcript of testimony is incorrect. Please see the same passage with clarity. PF's phone is what is pinging in Colorado, on 11/22, and not KK's phone (actual or burner).

• At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number, [while] also in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. He receive a return call from this number a few minutes later[while in vicinity of KB's home]. It hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after [when traveling to SF ranch], he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide [located near SF ranch].
  • Referencing the Idaho number belonged to KK, state asks if PF contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of KB’s phone[that pinged Gooding, ID] . Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her.
I'm responding to my own post from late last night to provide a valid source link for the basis of my edit for clarification to this specific passage by OP.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

11:40 a.m.:
[...]
Slater said agents used Frazee’s phone to read text conversations between him and Berreth. They narrowed in on the date of Nov. 22.

On that date, Slater testified that Frazee’s phone records revealed on that afternoon, he called his mother as well as someone with an Idaho area code. During those calls, Frazee’s phone pinged from a tower that serves Berreth’s home, according to Slater.

He received a phone call from the Idaho phone number that same afternoon, Slater said. His phone pinged on a tower that indicated he was traveling west from Berreth’s home in Woodland Park.

During an ensuing search of Berreth’s phone, Slater testified that investigators used tower information to deduce her phone was in proximity to Frazee’s even as it moved west from Woodland Park.

Re surveillance and someone, who picked up a package:
Adams says there was no video/photos to show Kenney entered Berreth’s townhome. He says a utilities worker & a friend of Frazee’s showed up on surveillance. Adams said the friend was there to pick up a package. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
State now questioning again. The neighbor’s surveillance is through Arlo. Neighbor has the free plan, which has 7 days of storage. Arlo uses a motion sensor to alert the owner. Owner gets an email & quick snapshot of it. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth#PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
Adams says the neighbor surveillance quality was somewhat grainy. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam