CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she didn't fall for his BS? Maybe he couldn't control her? Maybe she was seeing his true colors? There are so many things it could be.
I think he was jealous and resentful because she was intelligent and successful. He may have been competitive over the baby.
Custody issues can cause fear and intense anger. Arguments can escalate very quickly.
Maybe he saw her as a threat to his most prized possession. Imo

If anyone is interested. This is the cell phone communication and location information from the arrest warrant affidavit between KB and PF between Nov. 22-Nov. 25.

• PF reported that he had cell phone communication with KB through Nov. 25, 2018. Investigators located messages between KB’s phone and PF’s phone between Nov. 22 - Nov. 25, 2018. Ultimately, investigators learned that much of the cell phone communication between PF and KB was a scheme developed to distraction.
  • Historical cell site analysis helps to determine the location of a cellular telephone based on cell tower antenna locations and orientation. Locations are determined by activity of the cellular telephone, and represents an approximate area, not an exact location. Different cellular carriers report this information in different formats and fashions. The
  • Nov. 22, 2018 - The analysis of the cell phone data revealed that KB and PF cellular phones connected to the same Verizon tower in WP at 12:23 p.m when KB missed a call from PF at 12:31 p.m.
  • Nov. 22, 2018 - Both KB and PF’s phones were seen by towers near Cripple Creek in the evening, traveling in the same directions and often similar distances from the cell towers hen measurements were captured by the Verizon network. This would indicate the phones were likely together.
  • Nov. 23, 2018 - both KB and PF’s phones utilized the Verizon cell tower in Florisant, along with the sector facing PF’s residence when PF’s phone called KB’s phone in the morning. Later in the day, both phones then appear to travel together from the area of PF’s residence towards the same area west of Cripple Creek and both phones had visited the prior evening before returning in the direction of PF’s residence.
  • Nov. 24, 2018 - Both KB and PF’s phones utilized the Verizon cell tower in Florisant, along with the sector facing PF’s residence when PF’s phone called KB’s phone first thing in the morning. Both phones eventually travel to same area west of Cripple Creek.
  • Nov,. 24 and or Nov. 25, 2018 - KB’s cellular phone likely traveled from CO via I 70 into Utah and I 15 through Salt Lake City into Idaho during the evening of Nov. 24 and/or the morning of Nov. 25.
  • Nov. 25, 2018 - Last activity for KB’s phone at 5:13 p.m. approximately 6.38 W/Sw from a Verizon cell tower in Gooding, Idaho. That distance placed the phone at or near Malad Gorge State Park, which is supported by additional tower measurements from Verizon in the minutes leading up to that data point.
Awesome job thank you for this!

I wonder where in location to where the phones pinged together is Nash Ranch located? Were both phones KB & PF supposedly together at Nash Ranch? KK’s and PF’s should show up there together also?

Could be they haven’t detailed and released everything yet?
It doesn't sound like they have anything more. The defense asked.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

The cross-examination of Adams ended with questions about a surveillance camera owned by Berreth’s neighbor, which showed Frazee at her apartment the day she was last seen. Adams said it did not show Lee (Krystal Kenney) inside of Berreth’s apartment, and that after she disappeared, no one came to the door except someone who works for a utility company and a friend of Frazee’s who was picking up a package.

Sort of. Of course a prosecutor doesn't have to show motive, but it helps. Partly I'm looking at this as a defense attorney but also partly just trying to satisfy my own curiosity. If you plan a murder for months, why botch it this bad? He left a ton of evidence that he shouldn't have.
Even his solicitation plots weren’t all that well thought out though:

Just put something in her coffee.

Beat her to death with a pipe and throw her in the trash.

Beat her to death with a baseball bat outside her house.

He just did it himself, and executed a slightly better version of the previously abandoned plots that KK was supposed to carry out.

Still botched.

Since the evidence all seems to show KK was not in CO on the day of the murder, could the defense try to accuse PF's mom of being the actual murderer rather than PF? She would have potentially had access to PF's phone to use to text KK from KB's condo. I don't for one moment think that SF did it, but her pleading the 5th and refusing to answer any questions at all made me think it was part of a strategy. I sure hope there is no way for the defense to pin it on someone else. MOO.

Jose Baez moment, blame it on the parent.

Nah, that would involve her other son going down also that is in law enforcement. If he already is not going down.

I do have to chuckle a little when I look at the cell phone records. Specifically the calls btwn pfs phone and KB’s.There are various calls and some are a minute some are a few minutes, at least one is like 15minutes. I just picture him thinking I’m just so clever. .....

Now that is intriguing - what if they were KB's and he took them from her???

Now that is a Twist that I had not considered. But with the twist and turns in this case, that actually could be something.

As we know, he had information from her phone as he was the account holder. Did he also have control over her email or something else that she sent documents through?

That is thinking outside the box! But absolutely possible.

That indeed would be motive.

I think he's a defense attorney that likes to make provocative statements that cast doubt about a defendant's guilt. He also made similar, hyperbolic statements indicating CW was innocent and/or they wouldn't be able to use his own statements against him.
KK's deal aside, under what circumstances would the DA make a deal with PF? Given what we know now, is there a feasible scenario that would make KK look like the murderer and him an accessory? Too many details go against it, IMO.

Warning, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness comment about PF trying to paint KB as mentally unstable.

first off I will just say: gaslighting.

In MOO, he escalated to murder because (if I recall correctly) she had sought treatment for depression. For anyone familiar with abusers, gaslighting can push people to the brink of suicide/despondency. It can begin with simply moving someone’s car keys or phone, or saying “you forgot this”... And before you know it, you’re doubting every possible thing you thought, said or and did

Again, MOO, assuming she did go away for a couple weeks, away from his manipulations, I suspect, quickly realized she wasn’t losing her mind. She may have realized how abusive he was being.

I actually believe his intentions were to push her to suicide. When that didn’t work, he manipulated KK to help get rid of her.

I wonder if there might be any documentation that might show this to be true?

...and that probably made little sense! Haha
The Civil Lawsuit, filed by KB's parents, showed her dilemma with PF and how KB was treated badly. Unfortunately, I don't have the content at hand.

Warning, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness comment about PF trying to paint KB as mentally unstable.

first off I will just say: gaslighting.

In MOO, he escalated to murder because (if I recall correctly) she had sought treatment for depression. For anyone familiar with abusers, gaslighting can push people to the brink of suicide/despondency. It can begin with simply moving someone’s car keys or phone, or saying “you forgot this”... And before you know it, you’re doubting every possible thing you thought, said or and did

Again, MOO, assuming she did go away for a couple weeks, away from his manipulations, I suspect, quickly realized she wasn’t losing her mind. She may have realized how abusive he was being.

I actually believe his intentions were to push her to suicide. When that didn’t work, he manipulated KK to help get rid of her.

I wonder if there might be any documentation that might show this to be true?

...and that probably made little sense! Haha
I agree with this. I think she was being mentally if not physically abused by him. It explains the anxiety and depression, the gun. The fact she didn't seem to be leaving him, or at least not obvious to us. Abused women have a hard time leaving their abusers. I keep thinking that maybe he was the one who was physically abusing baby K and KB found out and was filing for custody. MOO

Oh, I read something other than that.
Later on the evening of Nov. 22, Cheryl says she received texts from Kelsey’s phone that she got her gun back & felt safe with Frazee.
More info on the gun: Slater says it had some sort of laser grip & Frazee took it from her around New Years Day 2017. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth
Re the text to cb: What a load of crock!

Now that is a Twist that I had not considered. But with the twist and turns in this case, that actually could be something.

As we know, he had information from her phone as he was the account holder. Did he also have control over her email or something else that she sent documents through?

That is thinking outside the box! But absolutely possible.

That indeed would be motive.
If he robbed the papers on the Nov 22, then the charge re robbery would be understandable. I never thought, it would be the phone/purse, but something very important (child or papers), IF at all "robbery" took place.

I think he was jealous and resentful because she was intelligent and successful. He may have been competitive over the baby.
Custody issues can cause fear and intense anger. Arguments can escalate very quickly.
Maybe he saw her as a threat to his most prized possession. Imo
He did tell KK that he saw Kelsey as a threat to the baby. According to KK he was very angry at her.
Let's say that KK wasn't pleased when she learned about Kelsey so late. What if he tried to prove to her that he didn't care about Kelsey any more?

para 12 and 13 video surveillance at 13.24 and 15:36 of PF at KB's. Walmart was 12:54 - 13:17 - pretty tight IMO. Not sure what to think about SF2 and his recollection of when PF and baby were at SF's.
AW item#12 describes the 13:24 on 11/22 sighting as "an individual matching Frazee's description" at KB's door. The AW used stronger language identifying PF in AW item#11. "Frazee was seen on surveillance."

JMO the 13:24 video is likely grainy, may or may not be PF. JMO PF was running errands (Walmart and the maybe bank) to establish he was not at KB's during ~13:00 to 15:36.

He eventually left WP to the ranchette, dropped the baby and ate quickly, then went back to KB's where he was seen at 15:36.

From ~13:00 to 15:30 gives a 3rd conspirator time to commit the physical murder, clean himself up leaving unknown male DNA in the sink, and escape. PF had about an hour there from 15:36 before both KB and PF phones start moving west. He might have killed her in that hour 15:36 to ~16:30, and perhaps began in the upstairs bedroom where KB might have been napping. Or PF's role was only to collect the body, murder weapon, cell phone and other personal items for removal. JMO MOO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie