UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there’s a part of it that doesn’t quite make sense, I think he’s guilty but I’m sure there’s more to it.

Can you link me your theory, I’d like to read it..

Being a tad lazy here, so I shall do a wee summary for you; that he was never in that flat. That what he said about meeting the person in question was accurate. That Alesha may have followed her from the flat. That is it in a nutshell. I do feel that there is merit in your theory, the more that I think of it. Not saying that he is innocent, but that there is a heck of a lot more to this sordid story. There appear to be unaccountable gaps in it. If what we think is the truth, then I hope that it is discovered, for the sake of Alesha and her mum.

Something must have told AC that it was worth his while trying that particular address?

Its like he knew what he would need to do once there.

I agree that he was not looking for cannabis

I have always wondered about the accounts of alesha sleepwalking previously....
I mean, sleepwalking is very different to just getting up in the night.
What exactly did she do? And where did she go to?
Surely a flat would seriously limit a sleepwalkers ability to actually sleepwalk very far?

The thing about the doorkey....why would you leave a key in the door with a sleepwalker in the property?

Something just is not sitting comfortably with the story as told.

But it is probably just this case whirling around in my head.

He never wanted weed. He went there for one thing and got it. Everything was staged from his POV. There would be no point stealing weed from a small-time dealer and it's not a drug (in my knowledge) people risk so much to steal for. I doubt he sold it in high quantity (an ounce or two at a time). The knife was taken to scare Alesha.

For me what would make it easier to understand how she got out of the house undetected is 1:where she was sleeping. 2:did he have to walk past any other bedrooms. 3:did she wake up. Imo she didn't due to the way her legs were dangling.

This was an opportunistic pre-planned attack. I don't believe how the media have sensationalized the video games being an influence, however Slenderman has a lot of similiarities with the act.

Cherish your children. Do your best to be safe. You never know what or who lives round the corner.

Do you have kids? I have 3. Mine, at 6, would not obey silently because of seeing a knife. It's hard to threaten small children with harm from objects because they often don't really understand the full implication and usually can't control their fearful reactions. Unless Alesha had been somehow exposed to, and really grasped, the idea that knives can really hurt and/or kill people (think of the movies one sees at 6) she might just as well have been worried he'd cut his finger (the usual reason adults tell 6yo's not to touch knives). At 6 kids don't understand "dead" even after someone close to them has died. In addition if she HAD been exposed to that idea and was actually scared, and told to be quiet, she probably couldn't be quiet anyway. Little kids, notoriously, scream and cry even when told not to, because they can't help it.

All three of mine have sleepwalked too and if you speak to them or touch them they waken. Even being gently lifted by their loving familiar-feeling-and-smelling mother wakes them a little. I strongly doubt he, a stranger, lifted and carried her out of the home without her waking up. I think he came across her in the hallway, immediately grabbed her and put his hand over her face until she passed out then left with her, somewhere on the way to the crimescene she roused and he shook her by the hair, injuring her spine, to subdue her. Then he smothered her again at the crimescene as he attacked her and she died. I don't think he was able to carry a little girl out of her house and through a whole village, even along the shore, without her getting scared and making a fuss unless she was unconscious or incapacitated, and i don't believe he was able to make friends with her so she would willingly leave with him in the flat without waking everyone else there.

Being a tad lazy here, so I shall do a wee summary for you; that he was never in that flat. That what he said about meeting the person in question was accurate. That Alesha may have followed her from the flat. That is it in a nutshell. I do feel that there is merit in your theory, the more that I think of it. Not saying that he is innocent, but that there is a heck of a lot more to this sordid story. There appear to be unaccountable gaps in it. If what we think is the truth, then I hope that it is discovered, for the sake of Alesha and her mum.

I really don’t see much more than a very disturbed dangerous young lad killed a poor little girl

People sometimes try to look beyond this and I don’t think this was a complicated case at all and how he went to trial with that defence was ridiculous
The dna the cctv and the jury seemed to look at it the same way with a quick guilty

But we all have different opinions which makes this forum interesting

Simply because you said ' not convinced the info out there explains it'
I was replying to a post re whether his name had been tarnished by certain individuals. I assumed thus referred to locals. Maybe back up a tad and read prev posts before jumping in? Saves clogging up the thread with having to explain ourselves. Thanks.

Something must have told AC that it was worth his while trying that particular address?

Its like he knew what he would need to do once there.

I agree that he was not looking for cannabis

Surely a flat would seriously limit a sleepwalkers ability to actually sleepwalk very far?

The thing about the doorkey....why would you leave a key in the door with a sleepwalker in the property?

Something just is not sitting comfortably with the story as told.

But it is probably just this case whirling around in my head.

If the key wasn't in the door how was he planning on getting in? It appears to many that he was able to take Alesha from the staircase entrance. I don't believe he went further into the property. The media keep saying he took her from her bed. I personally don't think so.

I do get what you're saying but it seems like everyone on the island has come out and had a say on him, as if they never liked him to begin with, From killing cats to sexual abusing someone. When I was at school people were made fun of or even excluded for the dumbest stuff like what music they listened to or even what clothes they wore, that was enough to be picked on, And yet someone being an apparently well-known psychopath/sociopath is fine? It's just odd to me.
He was a bully with a lot of toys. Seems to me many people would have kept on his good side.

Sleepwalking is a misnomer usually. It just means being ambulatory while asleep not that you will go far or do much (people who leave the home and walk miles or drive or whatever are incredibly rare). I used to sleepwalk, i'd get out of the top bunk and stand completely still in the middle of the room for 6 hours, fast asleep. My sister eventually realised asking me, "what are you doing" sent me back up my ladder! None of my sleepwalkers have gone far nor gotten out of the house. I have alarms and locks for other reasons, but never had one triggered by a sleepwalker. They mostly just act out things they do when awake. My eldest used to get in the shower (not running, just climb in) and mime washing. The middle one sings and plays with toys that are not actually there. The littlest just gets into my bed usually, though sometimes he stands on the landing for a bit first. His service dog wakes me though so i don't know what he'd do if i didn't intervene.

Do you believe that right from the beginning his name was tarnished on purpose by certain individuals?

Yes i do, actually. The whole thing has been a bit of a tautology (pretty sure i've got the wrong word there but Molly 67 might appreciate the error:p). By this i mean...."the narcissistic, psychopathic sociopath definitely raped and killed that girl"........."But he seems so normal, nice and popular"........."Yes that is because he is a narcissistic, psychopathic sociopath, that's how they are"!

I hope you get my drift...it's getting late!

I was replying to a post re whether his name had been tarnished by certain individuals. I assumed thus referred to locals. Maybe back up a tad and read prev posts before jumping in? Saves clogging up the thread with having to explain ourselves. Thanks.

I've read the full thread thanks. I thought you were implying his name had been tarnished unnecessairly or unfairly by locals. Which would be ludicrous given what we know. Sorry if I picked you up wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288