IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers who act and say these ridiculous statements like this, paint many an honest hardworking good lawyer with disgust and distrust.
Believe me, after 4 small businesses and working with and against lawyers over 30 years, 75% would not be invited over to my house for dinner.
However, to me, Jussie's choice of lawyers and what his lawyers chose to say, is a downright comedy.
Really, you just cannot make this B.S. up!

Jussie Smollett's lawyers blast authorities, say actor was 'betrayed by a system that wants to skip due process'

I don't really get the "outrage" here. Police arrest people based on evidence. While our court system is based on innocent until proven guilty, the burden of proof is on the state. However, the process involves charging and arresting a defendant. A prosecutor does not pursue charges, unless there is sufficient evidence to actually make a case against the defendant.

Blow some more hot air.

“Smollett hires Colin Kaepernick's attorney Mark Geragos, and his legal team present a 'Hail Mary' piece of evidence which stops the brothers' testimony ”
-

Can anyone guess what that evidence was? Or did I miss it?
The "Hail Mary" was the fact that the lawyers told police that Jussie would talk to them. That kept the brothers from testifying at first....Testimony from brothers in Jussie Smollett case scrapped after "Hail Mary" phone call, source says

If the rumor is true - and I think it likely is - that CPD brought in JS to file a complaint against the brothers but JS refused because he said he knew them and he felt sorry for them a lot of people are going to end up with egg on their faces, not the least of which will be JS and his legal defense team. I just hope CPD has the whole thing on video with how the hate crime perps were fingered and arrested but he declined prosecution of them.
Can you imagine the “oh sh—!” moment he must have had when he realized the bros were nabbed?

Have to link it again because it’s hilarious. :D @Gardenista posted the Tweet earlier.

The Daily Show

Trevor’s birthday present to himself: The Lifetime movie of Jussie Smollett.

Hahaha! Jussie is so important he’s getting hate mail.

“I’m going to kill me”
13zwlg9.jpg

I'm well aware of that and I think that's amongst the reasons why LE was instantly suspicious, but they don't want to give reasons for any evidence acquired during an investigation to be thrown out. Can you imagine what the likes of Mark Geragos could do with the Chicago PD ignoring the request of a reported hate crime victim in their own home? When LE is in someone's home without a warrant, they've got to be careful what they do so as to not risk compromising a case. Smollett's team would probably right now be accusing CPD of being homophobic racists who violated the civil rights of a traumatized hate crime victim if CPD let the cameras keep rolling in Smollett's home.

I’m thinking because they were meeting the (alleged victim) for a interview who happened to be famous, another reason could be expensive painting/other objects. I have seen images inside rich peoples homes and expensive objects are blurred.

Jmo

Smollett will never take back anything, he won't apologize. His "defense" strategy has already killed that. And his full blown, "I am a victim" statement at work didn't go over too well, as evidenced by the fact that he was written out of the season the next day.

Keep going Buddy! Just keep getting in deeper and deeper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member