CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
CW confessed and we don't have that in this case. A co-conspirator is just as guilty of the crime no matter who pulls the trigger and KK seems to reside in crazy town.

KK's "story" is embellished with bizarre details--scented candles, cookie cutters-- to be a non-participant. KK admitted she came to KB's door with a nonsensical story and a cup of coffee. That's crazy stalking. KK did it TWICE.

It is entirely possible KK was in CO on on the date of KB's murder. There is no known date of the murder and the body is still missing. But the incredible detail KK attributes to PF telling her, I don't buy for a minute. I think KK was there and a very willing participant. Does that make PF any less guilty? Of course not!

JMO

Do you think the burner phones are going to come into play and paint a different picture on KK's whereabout during the time LE believes KB was murdered?

So according this: Apparently LE followed PF to the landfill. I hadn't heard that. Sounds like they just now have gotten every thing in place to be able to search it....I have hope that they can recover some of KB's remains

ETA: I'm guessing that if this is true that LE would have went through what PF was hauling on that day? But maybe they are thinking that if thats where he dumped stuff that its possible he got rid of things related to the murder on an earlier date?
I disagree - LE followed PF to a TRANSFER STATION in Divide (about 2-4 miles from his Mom's ranch). The search on Tuesday is planned for a landfill located in Fountain, CO. The landfill is about 40 miles south of Divide. Midway Landfill - Fountain - has been cooperating with authorities for a couple months.

Right and that same afternoon the phones pinged near Divide so that area has some kind of significance to the investigation.

I thought Divide was just a few miles away from where PF and his mother lived. That would probably explain the significance of the location...

ETA: Sorry @Seattle1 I see you responded first. :)

I'm glad the timeline is helpful :)
I agree and I hope KK screws up her end of the bargain and ends up with more than a slap on the wrist.
jmo

It's very helpful! It's so hard to follow all of the info because it differs from one source to another and it's all quite scattered through twitter, news site articles and the like. I keep seeing stuff posted here that I had not read elsewhere.

I was quite surprised, in looking at your timeline, that (in court) May was arguing that SF would testify to certain things that would be detrimental to Patrick. Then it's also reported she said she'd take the fifth. Which is it, I wonder?

I disagree - LE followed PF to a TRANSFER STATION in Divide (about 2-4 miles from his Mom's ranch). The search on Tuesday is planned for a landfill located in Fountain, CO. The landfill is about 40 miles south of Divide. Midway Landfill - Fountain - has been cooperating with authorities for a couple months.

Correct I agree i think Sam assumed and then I assumed that he knew what he was taking about....MOO *whacks my own hands*

I reported all my posts i mentioned it in so it doesn't keep getting carried forward.

They have the taped sworn statements she gave in Twin Falls, and 4 1/2 hours of detailed confession taped in Colorado Springs. IMO
Yes but they have not yet filed a deposition transcript and that worries me - - deposition is different than the interview by LE - but we don’t do criminal so maybe there is no need to file a transcript
ETA the actual deposition affords the opposing counsel to depose the witness in which case KK would be questioned by PF counsel? Is this what happens in criminal @gitana1 or @PrairieWind ? We do take depos during discovery in corporate trust and probate litigation but maybe criminal is different ? Help???

Nowhere in the arrest affidavit or in any of the testimony Tweeted was it said that he took money out of KB's account......so THAT IS NOT THE ROBBERY. Taking her purse would be robbery, and it was definitely said that he took her purse.
IMO

Ok, again only an opinion and it was taken from this;

• Adams says he also recovered video of PF at the drive through of Ent Credit Union. He says he couldn’t see the baby in the truck, but did see a baby carrier.
  • Two more exhibits from the state. First is a still of PF on the surveillance at the bank showing him. Second shows the back of his truck, with a black tote in it. He says they learned that tote played a big role in what happened to KB
Of course I don't know, I just assumed. I mlove an they're asking for the charge to be dropped. They said the alleged robbery happened after the alleged murder. I once saw where defense for Robert Durst stated home dismemberment of someone didn't matter and couldn't be used against him, because it happened after the murder.

So it was/is an opinion only. The above is from the 1st page of this link. I will now try to find the uploaded information about the bank. Again, I'm not saying it's the robbery charge. Just saying it was mentioned, and I could see where it would be implied.

Honestly, unless he's on video with her purse, how would it be proven he took it, opposed to KK putting it in the bags?

It's very helpful! It's so hard to follow all of the info because it differs from one source to another and it's all quite scattered through twitter, news site articles and the like. I keep seeing stuff posted here that I had not read elsewhere.

I was quite surprised, in looking at your timeline, that (in court) May was arguing that SF would testify to certain things that would be detrimental to Patrick. Then it's also reported she said she'd take the fifth. Which is it, I wonder?
I would imagine taking the fifth and not testifying certain things that would be detrimental to Patrick. After all, she is his mother.

:D It sure will be interesting to find out how SF fits into all of this.
jmo

Yes but they have not yet filed a deposition transcript and that worries me - - deposition is different than the interview by LE - but we don’t do criminal so maybe there is no need to file a transcript
mmmmm.......do they file a depo transcript? I know both prosecution and defense obtain a copy and question accordingly because it is under oath but does it get filed? I don't think so but not sure and I suppose it could differ state to state.

That's been the big sticking point for me all along. If none of those people would come forward to try to prevent a murder...well what in the world would they think is bad enough to do so? How could plotting/killing an innocent young mom not be enough?
Yes 5 people ! It is disturbing on so many labels

Woodland Park Police confirm search of Midway Landfill starts Tuesday

"WOODLAND PARK – Investigators in the Kelsey Berreth case confirm they will begin a search of the Midway Landfill in El Paso County starting next Tuesday.

The search is part of an effort to recover Kelsey Berreth’s remains based on information obtained during the course of the three-month old case. Investigators could comb through areas of the landfill for two weeks up to almost three months.

“I want to express my gratitude to Waste Management for working so closely with our investigators as we continue our efforts to locate Kelsey,” said Chief Miles De Young of the Woodland Park Police Department.

More than a month ago, News 5 learned from Waste Management they received a request from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to conduct searches on the property to the west of I-25 between Fountain and Pueblo. The facility accepts non-hazardous waste from El Paso County and northern Pueblo County."

"Detectives told News 5’s Sam Kraemer that, depending on the alleged burn, they’re likely looking for evidence the size of your pinkie finger. The landfill covers more than 500 acres, according to a Waste Management fact sheet."

Hmm, no trash from Teller County.

Strange it took a full month before they’re actually going to start searching. Unfortunately I’m not expecting much to be found, needle in a haystack is an understatement

yeah, I think CW pleaded guilty when presented with the overwhelming mountain of evidence that started growing publicly from Day 1. I don’t think PF will be that smart about his chances and willingness to put his deeds on public display at trial. He is a stubborn one! While I agree KK has unclean hands, I am unclear what she has lied about that could be proven false. And what is the scenario under which we could make the case that KK was present? Where was KB for those two days? Why would PF kidnap her and wait for KK? I am trying to wrap my mind around it like the initial theories that SW would ever take part in the murders of the Watts children that night, but like then, I am just not seeing it now, either. Of course in that case SW was a good person with a moral compass KK appears to lack but the evidence didn’t support it then and I can’t see the evidence for KB being murdered at a later date. What am I missing?
We're all missing the actual date of the murder. There has been no evidence as to what the actual date is and there is no body found.

Why would PF "wait" for KK? Because PF didn't want to do it himself. I have no doubt the murder took place on the date KK and PF planned. KK had already made two visits and didn't follow through.

JMO

That's been the big sticking point for me all along. If none of those people would come forward to try to prevent a murder...well what in the world would they think is bad enough to do so? How could plotting/killing an innocent young mom not be enough?

It’s absolutely maddening. What type of person would learn about a plan to murder a young innocent mother and just say, “oh, ok” and not tell LE or ANYBODY for that matter.

And then KK pretending she purposely left a train of bread crumbs..

Here’s a visual aid:

F09A03EA-A124-4B2B-A230-479BBC15D082.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members