CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered this myself. What is preventing her from fleeing if there is no ankle monitor? She still could cut it off and flee but it is a deterrent. Where has she disappeared to since she testified? IMO she is under protection and is hidden somewhere until she is needed again. Protection of what or ??? Just speculation. Otherwise if she was free and about, the press would be hounding her and/or getting snaps of her doing any daily activity. A mystery for now.

If I were that girl with such a sweet deal, I'd sit home watching TV, taking no chances and counting my lucky stars!

:D It sure will be interesting to find out how SF fits into all of this.
jmo
I can't imagine, as a mother, ok'ing my son to murder the mother of his child.....or anyone else! I doubt anybody I know would even tell me about such a plan because I would never back it.
However, I do think PF more than likely convinced his mother he was very concerned for the safety and well being of his child, her grandchild, who she was a caretaker of. I believe he was making it all up, but he might have been pretty convincing....after all, KB had gone to a mental health center for depression and anxiety. Btw, I'm pretty sure he was the cause for her depression and anxiety. Actually, I'm very sure. jmo.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Police followed Frazee into a Waste Management transfer station in Divide, CO, on Dec. 18. We learned they wanted to search this Waste Management landfill on Jan. 17. They haven't searched it yet. That's what starts on Tuesday

Dec 18th....murder maybe Nov 22. Incineration on 25th? The fire he created would have sat hot over night at least until he could get near it to move or gather up to take to the dump/river. That brings us to the 26th/27th. Would this man have hidden the burn for 3 weeks before taking it to the dump? We know he hid KBs body over night. (thinking out loud here) And LE seemingly is very interested in the WM site. Or would he be as anal as to separate the leftover unburnables from the ashes, ashes to the river, unburnables to the dump? And in that case, since we are dealing with someone who in now insane and not using his rat sized brain, plus having "friends" doing his dumping for him, could all the unburnables still be together in a bag? Box? Canvas bag? Tote?
Dear Lord, I think I've finally lost it. Or could he really be that dumb to think it was a really good idea?
MOO,MOO, MOO

Nowhere in the arrest affidavit or in any of the testimony Tweeted was it said that he took money out of KB's account......so THAT IS NOT THE ROBBERY. Taking her purse would be robbery, and it was definitely said that he took her purse.
IMO

But didn’t KK take the purse? Perhaps why the robbery charge may be dropped?

Clipped from a 9News article, link below:
“Slater said Lee told her Frazee gave her Berreth’s cellphone. Lee said she also took a purse from Berreth’s condo and brought it with her to Frazee’s home. “

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Last edited:
It's very helpful! It's so hard to follow all of the info because it differs from one source to another and it's all quite scattered through twitter, news site articles and the like. I keep seeing stuff posted here that I had not read elsewhere.

I was quite surprised, in looking at your timeline, that (in court) May was arguing that SF would testify to certain things that would be detrimental to Patrick. Then it's also reported she said she'd take the fifth. Which is it, I wonder?

I agree that trial by twitter can be very confusing!

I found Denver News 9 a good source for the 2/19 Courtroom update especially because their summary differentiates between direct testimony and cross examination which is very helpful here and not something easy to recognize in tweets. I found the following is a good recap of what was happening with SF at the prelim Tuesday:

1:30 p.m -- COURT IS BACK IN SESSION AFTER LUNCH

Teller County Judge Scott Sells is upholding his decision to release Patrick Frazee’s mother from her subpoena, which means she will not have to testify against her son at his preliminary hearing.

Sells said prosecutors had wanted Sheila Frazee to testify about when her son arrived at Thanksgiving dinner the day Berreth disappeared, the wellbeing of his child, and a steel rod that may have been recovered.

She was also expected to testify about what was referred to as a “burning incident” at Frazee’s home, according to Sells.

Sells said a preliminary hearing is not a time for this testimony, and that other witnesses can provide further similar information.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Last edited:
That is heart wrenching.

Is there a way to know the date she pinned that quote?

Maybe, just maybe, KB was moving on and PF could not accept it. Maybe, just maybe, that quote could reflect she had met someone new that treated her well and she pinned that quote to mean that had she not moved to CO and dealt with PF’s crap she would not have met someone great. I know this is a long shot, but it would be nice to imagine KB happy if even briefly before those monsters acted out their plan.

I know CB’s statements are all to the contrary of this, but it’s nice to think, maybe....

I'm thinking she knew PF was a big giant putz, but out of that relationship came her daughter.
IMHO

So is this just the next place to search, next in progression...or do you think there is new information they are working on. Why now?
It was first reported on Jan 17 that they were going to search the landfill, so I don't think the search is based on new information. There's an awful lot of planning and preparation going into a search like this and the weather hasn't exactly been cooperative. I'm guessing those are the reasons for the delay.
MOO

It was first reported on Jan 17 that they were going to search the landfill, so I don't think the search is based on new information. There's an awful lot of planning and preparation going into a search like this and the weather hasn't exactly been cooperative. I'm guessing those are the reasons for the delay.
MOO
yes, of course.. wasn’t considering weather delay. I was secretly hoping that PF, after having it all laid out so masterfully before him in court, reconsidered his ridiculous narcissistic ways and was going to fess up as to where she is. Now of course I know this will never happen, yes @MassGuy I know that, but one can dream

Plea deals are made in “good faith.”

Both sides agree to terms that basically form a contract.

The DA striking a deal with KK, with the intention of reneging on it, is wholely unethical.
Plea deals are made all the time. No defendant is forced to take it and KK is represented by counsel.

JMO

Plea deals are made all the time. No defendant is forced to take it and KK is represented by counsel.

JMO
Exactly. They are a “deal.” Hence “plea deal.”

No coercion necessary.

The suggestion that the DA has no intention of carrying out their end of the bargain, is based on no evidence.

It’s absolutely maddening. What type of person would learn about a plan to murder a young innocent mother and just say, “oh, ok” and not tell LE or ANYBODY for that matter.

And then KK pretending she purposely left a train of bread crumbs..
BBM
Yeah....not believing that.
Obviously in her heart she wanted her dead.....her own words speak to that.
Also, imo she didn't "learn about a plan to murder a young innocent mother".....she was a huge part of the plan of murdering KB. She plotted to do it herself on more than one occasion!

JMO

Exactly. They are a “deal.”

No coercion necessary.

Agreed with both of your excellent posts!

It looks like while you're both looking at it from a slightly different angle, you've arrived at the same conclusion:

The plea deal is entered into willingly and voluntarily, i.e., without force or coercion.

Last edited:
BBM
Yeah....not believing that.
Obviously in her heart she wanted her dead.....her own words speak to that.
Also, imo she didn't "learn about a plan to murder a young innocent mother".....she was a huge part of the plan of murdering KB. She plotted to do it herself on more than one occasion!
Yeah..
"I learned PF had committed a homicide..ya know, the one I wussed out of doing...but I really tried 3 times!" Poison, metal pipe/rod, baseball bat...there was a clear evolution to the plot.
such a liar

Exactly. They are a “deal.” Hence “plea deal.”

No coercion necessary.

The suggestion that the DA has no intention of carrying out their end of the bargain, is based on no evidence.
Plea deals are voluntary. Nobody is forced to take them. The DA is under no obligation to carry out "their end of the deal" because it doesn't exist. I assume this is why KK's attorney asked for all discovery.

Numerous defendants have taken a plea deal and have been exonerated years later by DNA evidence. They weren't exonerated because it was an "unethical plea deal"

https://www.americanbar.org/content...mjust_cjmag_23_3_yaroshefsky.authcheckdam.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong