NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Sally, I've long agreed with you on this idea....I think the LL setting up Steven makes the most sense....LL is quite outside the law.

Exactly, if it weren’t him I’d be surprised. His other renter skipped out in the middle of night leaving unpaid rent, utilities and stealing a few kitchen items, my guess is he didn’t want another person skipping out on paying the rent.

Exactly, if it weren’t him I’d be surprised. His other renter skipped out in the middle of night leaving unpaid rent, utilities and stealing a few kitchen items, my guess is he didn’t want another person skipping out on paying the rent.

And, the Steven we know is the sort to do most anything to meet an obligation!

LL may have played him like a fiddle....

Exactly, but GW has never sit right with me. I mean he was also in the same area that Steven was in which is a little strange to me. If they were “such good friends” why didn’t he ask him what he was doing near Las Vegas anyway? If Steven was my “good friend” I would ask him what he was doing there. Also with the LL I personally don’t believe the drug theory. In his episode on “Disappeared” the police had dogs come and sniff his car for drugs for an hour. They came to the conclusion that “there were no drugs in his car and he never had drugs in his car.”

Does anyone here know if "sniffer dogs" would detect legal prescription drugs? I guess I need to research this, because that is what many of us here have been thinking -he was "making use of prescription drugs not needed anymore -shifting them to others who couldn't get prescriptions, etc.". Do sniffer dogs detect codeine? Hmmm.

Does anyone here know if "sniffer dogs" would detect legal prescription drugs? I guess I need to research this, because that is what many of us here have been thinking -he was "making use of prescription drugs not needed anymore -shifting them to others who couldn't get prescriptions, etc.". Do sniffer dogs detect codeine? Hmmm.

It would be interesting to know since LL dealt with prescription drugs and possibly Steven could have been working to pay off the rent debt.

So I did a search about the drug sniffing dogs and seems that they can sniff out hard drugs and marijuana but could be trained to sniff some prescription stuff. But they would have to be specificly trained.
So a normal drug sniffing dog wouldn’t be able to smell prescription stuff.

My guess is the dogs used were just sniffing for hard drugs in which case the prescription drug connection is still a possibility. I looked at the map again and some timeline details yesterday and for me it all points to the prescription pill connection. We know he owed money and the person owed to has the prescription pill connection. Criminal history - check. Last phone calls - check. Items in car indicated he might have slept in car occasionally or during his long travel. If I find a quote regarding this sleeping in car behaviour from earlier in this thread that is very telling ..I will post it again.

But back to the parked car location. If he wanted to find a spot to park so he can walk and work or whatever he was doing...then he wouldn't have turned left into the community instead of following the road back out of the community towards the main road. (Unless he knew about a shortcut possibly through the golf course since there is a walk way to it). Same goes for suicide...no way at this location in my personal opinion. If he was picked up by a car of someone with no connection to any of these houses then again...that person would have waited on the street straight ahead leading out of the community and not that side street on the left. Either he cut through the golf course or there is a connection to these houses. It's still possible he left in another vehicle but if so there must be a connection to this community I feel like. It's way specific and he clearly turns left when walking into the community not out of it.

It's so sad this is a cold case. I still hope they get leads and are actively looking into it.

My guess is the dogs used were just sniffing for hard drugs in which case the prescription drug connection is still a possibility. I looked at the map again and some timeline details yesterday and for me it all points to the prescription pill connection. We know he owed money and the person owed to has the prescription pill connection. Criminal history - check. Last phone calls - check. Items in car indicated he might have slept in car occasionally or during his long travel. If I find a quote regarding this sleeping in car behaviour from earlier in this thread that is very telling ..I will post it again.

But back to the parked car location. If he wanted to find a spot to park so he can walk and work or whatever he was doing...then he wouldn't have turned left into the community instead of following the road back out of the community towards the main road. (Unless he knew about a shortcut possibly through the golf course since there is a walk way to it). Same goes for suicide...no way at this location in my personal opinion. If he was picked up by a car of someone with no connection to any of these houses then again...that person would have waited on the street straight ahead leading out of the community and not that side street on the left. Either he cut through the golf course or there is a connection to these houses. It's still possible he left in another vehicle but if so there must be a connection to this community I feel like. It's way specific and he clearly turns left when walking into the community not out of it.

It's so sad this is a cold case. I still hope they get leads and are actively looking into it.

Exactly I don’t think that the family was thinking of prescription pills when they had the car checked because I guess people kept talking of drugs and I know myself If someone talks of drugs I don’t think of prescription drugs , my mind would think of hard drugs. It probably didn’t cross their mind that Prescription pills could be involved. Even though Steven didn’t appear to be involved in drugs , I think the fact that the LL had prescription pill business and Stevens journeys before his disappearance seem like it could be connected to dropping off pills or picking up money possibly. Even though Steven doesn’t seem like that type of person you just never know with owing money to the LL , LL could have got him to work off the owed rent dropping off his pills to people.

It bothers me that he turns into that street specificly and no body seems to know anything or to have seen him or that he went to someone’s house. He must have gone to that location for a reason. It bothers me that they found no directions to that location anywhere, but he could have taken them with him. I’ve done before if I had directions written down I’ll just chuck in my handbag in case I need to keep them . Once I know how to get somewhere then I would throw them out. But I just don’t know if he went to a car, a house or walked out of that neighborhood. It’s just so weird.
Another thing that bothers me is that there are people who run businesses out of their homes in that area, I just wonder if he did go to some sort of job interview but it’s just doesn’t make sense on a Sunday at noon although if you run your business from home it’s very flexible because you are at home but who knows.
He just seems like a sweet guy and it would be nice to know what happened to him because the circumstances leading up to his disappearance are hard to understand in a way and I really think he could be alive or deceased but if we knew more about why his long car trip and why a retirement community in Henderson it would help.

Oh and another thought regarding directions and the road trip through Nevada, let’s just say he was dropping pills to people on the road trip wouldn’t he have a list of names and addresses , some directions to get to these people? So he stops in Springville, Nephi, Wendover and where ever else, you would have thought that he would have addresses written down or names? So it makes me question maybe he wasn’t dropping off pills, he literally might have just wanted to see his ex. Because they literally found nothing in his car regarding directions to Henderson or any of the other places he visited on his road trip. Unless the LL told him to throw away the directions once he did his drop offs.
Just putting ideas and thoughts out there. Because a lot of people agree that he could have been dropping off pills but maybe he wasn’t because he did keep the gas receipts and food receipts from the road trip but nothing in regards to directions or addresses or names of anyone he was intending to see.

If he was picked up by a car of someone with no connection to any of these houses then again...that person would have waited on the street straight ahead leading out of the community and not that side street on the left.

Snipped

Bingo, this has bothered me a lot!!! So if a car picked him up and parked on Evening Lights they are out of camera view, now when the investigators viewed the tapes as far as what I’ve heard no other cars go past the camera or people , all we know is the lady in suv. Now if a car was picking him up that didn’t belong to a home in that neighbourhood that means they would have had to go the long way around going Laurel heights then Portsmouth creek then evening lights because they didn’t pass the camera and they just happen to park out of view of the camera too then leaving the same way they came so they don’t go past that camera like someone knows it’s there. This really bothers me a lot. How can no one else pass that camera?? So if someone picked Steven up did they know that area and about the camera and how do they know?

Last edited:
I agree with you..the question is how did he use directions to different locations he drove to. I mean even the address where he parked the car. It's possible he took that address with him. Another option would be that he has been to Anthem before but I would guess the police checked his phone records to see whether he has ever been to Anthem beforehand?
Another possibility is that someone involved would have known where the car was and taken the keys and possibly gone through it to take any paperwork/addresses. Although that would possibly be on camera again the following days or later that day..not sure how much of the surveillance was checked in the days around his disappearance.
Screenshot_20190326-080323.png
I attached a quote from user 'stilllooking' from page 22 in thread 1. She identified herself as LL's wife. She mentioned her husband would sleep in the car sometimes for business to avoid hotel fees.

Sounds like that is what SK could have been doing.

I agree with you..the question is how did he use directions to different locations he drove to. I mean even the address where he parked the car. It's possible he took that address with him. Another option would be that he has been to Anthem before but I would guess the police checked his phone records to see whether he has ever been to Anthem beforehand?
Another possibility is that someone involved would have known where the car was and taken the keys and possibly gone through it to take any paperwork/addresses. Although that would possibly be on camera again the following days or later that day..not sure how much of the surveillance was checked in the days around his disappearance.
View attachment 176442
I attached a quote from user 'stilllooking' from page 22 in thread 1. She identified herself as LL's wife. She mentioned her husband would sleep in the car sometimes for business to avoid hotel fees.

Sounds like that is what SK could have been doing.

Again it’s all so bizarre, he could have been to Anthem before but why ? A job, something else, it’s a retirement community I just don’t know what would bring him there. We know he needed a job so that could be a reason, but it’s a weird place , day and time to go for a job . But like I said there are people there working from home so it is within the realm of possibilities that he went for a job opportunity, which he could have found through a variety of ways.
Someone could have gone back to the car to remove things it’s a possibility because someone checked his voicemail so it could be a possibility that someone went to the car . And the car keys have never been found either. It would be interesting to know how much camera footage they had, like how many days worth, but if someone did go back to the car and didn’t pass the camera then they would have had to go around from the other way . Again weird.
It does seem like it , that SK and LL were doing a similar thing with sleeping in their car while on “business” .
So many things to ponder:rolleyes:

I never thought about the connection until today, but hypothetically:
It's possible a retirement community would be a good place to either pick up excess (unused) prescriptions from an elderly person who doesn't need what they are prescribed or to deliver prescriptions to someone who needs them but has no prescription.

It's possible a retirement community would be a good place to either pick up excess (unused) prescriptions from an elderly person who doesn't need what they are prescribed or to deliver prescriptions to someone who needs them but has no prescription.

The LL could have sent SK to Anthem because he had a customer who wanted to sell some prescription pills or needed some prescription pills, so SK could have definitely been in that retirement community for that reason, it would definitely be a good place to get prescription pills or to sell them too as it’s affluent community. Butttt no one is admitting to it though, apparently nobody saw Steven . So even if Steven did sell or pick up some pills my bet is no one is going to admit to that.

The LL could have sent SK to Anthem because he had a customer who wanted to sell some prescription pills or needed some prescription pills, so SK could have definitely been in that retirement community for that reason, it would definitely be a good place to get prescription pills or to sell them too as it’s affluent community. Butttt no one is admitting to it though, apparently nobody saw Steven . So even if Steven did sell or pick up some pills my bet is no one is going to admit to that.

My question is what was he holding in his hand in the video? It’s also odd how nothing was found like his car keys, his wallet, his phone, and what he was holding in his hand.

My question is what was he holding in his hand in the video? It’s also odd how nothing was found like his car keys, his wallet, his phone, and what he was holding in his hand.

It could have been a folder with a resume or a some sort of thin case with pills in it, or even a jacket or something completely different, it really is odd that none of those belongings have been found. Especially since the phone was at that intersection of Russell Road for 2 days and went dead, I just wonder how well they searched that area? Again also how accurate is that location, because I thought when you get a ping in a certain area the ping could have come from anywhere within a 3 mile radius or whatever the distance is. I’m still not sure how well this area was searched. I feel like maybe the phone at least could have been found.

The description of the closed door pharmacy describes that employees would look through a binder to see which patients of rest homes or at-risk youth centers, hospice, care facility, group homes... would be running low on their prescriptions soon and then travel there to provide more.
In my opinion...If those rest homes or youth centers discard unused or expired prescriptions with the delivery person instead of through the proper channel it would enable criminal activity.

I feel that it is a possibility he was either picking up unused prescriptions or delivering them illegally in exchange for money.
The prescription business was located in Layton, Utah according to the report posted earlier in this thread.

Here is the source for the timeline I'm looking at from member @laytonian timeline2009 - laytonian If there is something more up to date..let me know.

We know he stopped in Springville on his travel days before his disappearance. He either had a stop in Springville or he just left I-15 south to gas up on his way back to St. George. It's only an 18 minute drive on I15 to Orem from Springville. LL lived in Orem. Would there be a possibility that he drove to Orem that day (to talk about the rent or maybe pay a little amount or help any other ways to work for his rent?) We have discussed his travels a lot and everybody wondering why he would drive up to Springville and back...Orem seems to be the most likely connection for me.

Now the trip to Ruby Valley..There was some confusion on the part of the girls family on which day he visited but it seems that it must have been December 9th (instead of December 8th as first reported). If this is true then we know he stopped for gas in Salt Lake City and West Wendover before stopping in Ruby Valley. Which means he didn't go the shortest distance from St. George directly to Ruby Valley. This to me means..this wasn't his main destination at all. He didn't tell the girl that he would stop by which leads me to believe that he made that decision to stop there while he was already up in the area. If he had a stop in West Wendover anyway it would make sense that he thought..since I'm already here and it's lunch time..why not stop by an old friend before heading back home. It's about 2 hours from West Wendover to Ruby Valley it seems. This means that after he got gas in West Wendover he drove straight to Ruby Valley (10ish am - 12ish noon arrival) Still a drive..but much less of a drive than coming from St. George (6 hours) just for the purpose of this single visit.
Why the stop in Salt Lake and then West Wendover? Did he have a stop right there or the surrounding area?
If West Wendover (or Ruby Valley for that matter) would have been his main destination he would have taken the 93 highway instead of going around through Salt Lake. Between his gas stop in Salt Lake and his gas stop in Wendover he has approximately 1 hour extra apart from driving time. He didn't drive straight from the gas station to the West Wendover gas stop.

upload_2019-3-27_17-2-10.png

I marked Layton and Orem on the map. The blue line shows his assumed travel path created with the information available according to receipts and phone info according to Laytonians timeline linked above.

It could have been a folder with a resume or a some sort of thin case with pills in it, or even a jacket or something completely different, it really is odd that none of those belongings have been found. Especially since the phone was at that intersection of Russell Road for 2 days and went dead, I just wonder how well they searched that area? Again also how accurate is that location, because I thought when you get a ping in a certain area the ping could have come from anywhere within a 3 mile radius or whatever the distance is. I’m still not sure how well this area was searched. I feel like maybe the phone at least could have been found.

I agree with you. The phone was likely discarded off at that location or left behind. The area hopefully was thoroughly searched in an effort to locate that phone! There are a lot of storage facilities there it seems like.

Does anybody know whether this missing person case is still actively worked on? It might just need a new set of eyes. It sounds like Henderson PD has their hands full with a record 17 homicides in 2018
Henderson police update city’s homicide total for 2018

Police chief was just placed on leave
Henderson police update city’s homicide total for 2018

And 3 homicides already this year..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members