IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Barkley's advice to Jussie Smollett: 'If you're going to break the law, do not write a check'

[...]

"Jussie!" the NBA legend hollered before midnight, laughing over a photo of Smollett. "You wasted all that damn time and money. You know what you should have did? Just went up in Liam Neeson's neighborhood. He could have solved all your damn problems!"

With this joke, Barkley roped in yet another hot-button Hollywood story by referencing actor Neeson, who said earlier this month he had once roamed the streets to search for a black person to kill after someone close to the actor told him that an unidentified black person had raped her. (Neeson told "Good Morning America" he did seek help, and said he is not a racist.)

As Barkley was still giggling from the joke, a member from the production staff could be heard yelling something at him, perhaps in an effort to end talk of a sensitive story that remains raw for those who initially backed Smollett. Some online suggested that the person off-camera yelled, "Stop!"

[...]

You know, people who publicly parade with a chest full of medals they never earned, giving speeches about bravery they never demonstrated, danger they never experienced. And all so that we recognize them for bearing up under a hardship most of us will never face.

Its a very apt comparison, if you look at the GMA interview, he was wearing those 6 badges of organizations like black lives matter, pride etc. on his lapel when it was all a lie

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about whether most following this case knew about the actor or the show. I noticed that the thread was moving quickly and thought I must really be out of the loop since I knew next to nothing about Empire and had never heard of Jussie Smollett. Once the alleged attack was exposed as a possible hoax, rampant media reports about the case couldn't be avoided. I don't know whether to feel angry or saddened that JS felt it necessary to perpetrate this despicable hoax to gain attention and promote his career. Shaking my head...

Charles Barkley's advice to Jussie Smollett: 'If you're going to break the law, do not write a check'

[...]

"Jussie!" the NBA legend hollered before midnight, laughing over a photo of Smollett. "You wasted all that damn time and money. You know what you should have did? Just went up in Liam Neeson's neighborhood. He could have solved all your damn problems!"

With this joke, Barkley roped in yet another hot-button Hollywood story by referencing actor Neeson, who said earlier this month he had once roamed the streets to search for a black person to kill after someone close to the actor told him that an unidentified black person had raped her. (Neeson told "Good Morning America" he did seek help, and said he is not a racist.)

As Barkley was still giggling from the joke, a member from the production staff could be heard yelling something at him, perhaps in an effort to end talk of a sensitive story that remains raw for those who initially backed Smollett. Some online suggested that the person off-camera yelled, "Stop!"

[...]
I've always loved Charles Barkley. I never bothered with another Suns game after he left the team.

IMO ”Jussett“ is too obsessed with his imaginary martyrdom and magic thinking to man up, apologize and live with the consequences. He‘d fire any lawyer who wouldn’t push the victimhood narrative. I don’t see anyone who can talk sense into him. He probably only surrounded himself with people who adore him and don’t criticize him.

I can’t shake off the feeling these sharks lawyers will milk him until he’s dead broke.

IMO ”Jussett“ is too obsessed with his imaginary martyrdom and magic thinking to man up, apologize and live with the consequences. He‘d fire any lawyer who wouldn’t push the victimhood narrative. I don’t see anyone who can talk sense into him. He probably only surrounded himself with people who adore him and don’t criticize him.

I can’t shake off the feeling these sharks lawyers will milk him until he’s dead broke.
I have no sympathy for him. Chicago is short staffed in police and I can only imagine how many real crimes went under investigated due to Smollett's hoax.

Sad, but probably true. After his speech at work on Thursday, it looks like his employer is done with the drama. They are probably not paying for his legal fees. If they were, they would pull the strings, and get it done quickly as possible, plea, beg for forgiveness.

If Smollett did "beg" for forgiveness, I actually think that a lot of people would move on. His stubborn victim mode makes him a complete fool. He could blame drug use, say he needs treatment. And even I would accept that. A complete apology, own his stuff, and talk about why he did it, man up.

He is trying to play some foolish game, he says he needs treatment and therapy for drug use, and he is still innocent?! WTH?!

Jussie Smollett recently hosted documentary on lynching, filmmaker talks 'coincidence'

Jussie Smollett recently hosted documentary on lynching, filmmaker talks 'coincidence'

Epix has since pulled the episode from its network and released the following statement:

"In light of - and with respect to - the sensitivities around recent events, we can confirm that Epix is no longer making available the episode of 'America Divided' featuring Jussie Smollett."

Y‘all ready for another twist?

Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brothers $3,500 for 'Attack'

[...]

Our sources say the brothers made a deal with Jussie to train him for 5 weeks so he could get in shape for an upcoming music video. Jussie had said to Ola that he wanted abs like his. Both Abel and Ola agreed to train Jussie, and also give him a 5-week nutrition plan.

Our sources say Jussie told the brothers he would pay them for their services, but no specific amount was discussed.

A few days before the "attack," Jussie wrote the brothers a check for $3,500. The memo line read, "5 weeks training nutrition plan."

Our sources say Ola and Abel told the grand jury they were paid for the 5-week program and not for the "attack." One source connected with the brothers did say Ola and Abel felt the amount was "a little high" but no one ever specifically said anything about any of the money being part of a scheme.

[...]

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about whether most following this case knew about the actor or the show. I noticed that the thread was moving quickly and thought I must really be out of the loop since I knew next to nothing about Empire and had never heard of Jussie Smollett. Once the alleged attack was exposed as a possible hoax, rampant media reports about the case couldn't be avoided. I don't know whether to feel angry or saddened that JS felt it necessary to perpetrate this despicable hoax to gain attention and promote his career. Shaking my head...

I only noticed the show once, after he was arrested. I was channel surfing and glanced at it briefly. He has brought the show and himself a lot of negative attention. I do feel for the rest of the cast, cause like it or not, this reflects on everyone. Guilt by association might affect their ratings and NO ONE other than Smollet deserves blow back.

And that is IF he is found guilty. Seems like there's lots of evidence though, pointing AT him.

IF he did this, he's the most despicable person still alive. IMO

Y‘all ready for another twist?

Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brothers $3,500 for 'Attack'

Our sources say the brothers made a deal with Jussie to train him for 5 weeks so he could get in shape for an upcoming music video. Jussie had said to Ola that he wanted abs like his. Both Abel and Ola agreed to train Jussie, and also give him a 5-week nutrition plan.

[...]

Ohhhh, someone here called this "excuse" for that check in the last thread!!!

So he writes that in a memo proving he didn't pay them to "attack" him. ?? This crazy train just keeps chuggin' along!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong