CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 12 hours from Twin Falls, ID to Florissant, CO, where she went first for the keys.
Google Maps

Thank you for the map. I now have an idea of the layout as I do not live anywhere near that area. Attached is a screenshot. Google Maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-173304_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190223-173304_Maps.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 11
You could be right. KK was very clearly present at the burning
and 'observed' the "lump" still present after the plastic melted.

If a bullet casing were found w/ the burned remains, would this lead to additional charges against KK? How would this
change any charges currently listed?

I think if they find any evidence that the situation was other than KK said, ie. if she had indeed participated in the actual murder (even though there were many times she was planning to commit the murder), the plea deal would be moot.

Anyone want to confirm this to be true?

The 12 hours is under current winter storm driving conditions. When I googled it for late November, I got 8 hours.

In the afternoon session for the preliminary, they said that she left at 6:30 p.m. on the 23rd and arrived at 7:30 a.m. on the 24th.

I think we can deduce from the time that she borrowed the car from her girlfriend, and the first phone call the next morning, we know it pretty much took her the same time to drive there.

On the way back, she left before 4:00 am..

IMHO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-125154_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190223-125154_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 10
IIRC, KK had at least two burner phones. One was the phone she used in September when she took the coffee to KB's. She gave a fake name and gave KB her phone number so they could arrange a playdate. She got rid of that one and had another one in October, IIRC. I think she got rid of that one, too, but I may be wrong.

That's something I don't understand. KK concealed her Colorado trips from her ex or lied about the purpose (to see a horse). She turned off map locator during the Thanksgiving period, presumably because her husband had access to her account and might check on her.

Yet she texted and talked all the time with PF? Was she constantly deleting texts and cleaning up her call log? Why not just use a burner phone for all communication with PF?

Just one more weird (to me) thing about this.
Hmm yes, it is so strange. She used burner phones for the earlier schemes, but at the most critical point she used her own traceable phone, even though she was in possession of a burner phone? So confusing. MOO.

No. PF is all about PF. He's not going out on a limb FOR ANYONE

snipped by me to focus on:

I'm not saying she came up with the idea of murdering KB, but it must have been more and more apparent that she was the only person PF would ever find who would do this for him and he had to use her.

USE HER being a key phrase here. That's all he planned to do with KK.

JMO

In all fairness to KB, she was said to have sought treatment for extreme fatigue, and reported this to her Employer prior to travel for treatment. (Agent Slater testified to this). I also don't believe there are any confirmed reports if KB was a patient for a single visit, or if visit was for extended treatment.

While "fatigue" can definitely be a symptom of depression, PF choosing to spin this as KB had to go to "rehab" was clearly an excuse to associate and expand KB's symptoms to include drugs, alcohol, depression, anxiety, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was recommended to KB (at her August appointment) to move closer to Pueblo to combat the fatigue. And if KB told PF about this -- again he was spinning this as "not reading anything into this" and/or a love interest at work. It all seems to fit the same time period of soliciting KB dead.

MOO

Depression is often manifested in helplessness and hopelessness.

Feeling as though you're stuck in an untenable situation and playing that over and over in your mind can be exhausting when sleep is interrupted.

Combine Postpartum hormones with realizing the person you love/loved isn't up to your standards might propel you to seek professional help.

A little bit of counseling might have made KB realize she needed to get herself and BabyK away from PF which may have been the catalyst for his murder plans.

The timing is indeed suspicious.

I agree. Especially with how hard he pressed her to do the actual killing. I firmly believe she was just a tool to rid him of KB, without him having to do it himself.
He knew he had her. he just didn’t want to keep her. IMO
On the other hand, if PF used KK solely for the murder and ditched her later, how could he be sure that she wouldn't turn on him? Did he believe that there would be no evidence left and it would be only her word against his or that she would be afraid to expose her own role? If you share a deadly secret with someone you better not fall out with them.

Ita !

And it's possible (although we'll never know, most likely) PF made her feel unworthy by subtle behavior and snubs. Just the fact that he go and bring him his own 'ulcer' meds. Why did she have to be at his beck and call ?
Because it seemed like he was treating her as if she was somehow 'lower'and less capable , than himself.
Which we know was 100% the other way around.

ETA: I believe PF may have used the "ulcer" as a ruse to get KB outside of town in the middle of the night, and perhaps killed by maybe an alleged drive by shooting, but gave up on that idea. (It was previously reported that KB and child were out all night before her murder checking on cattle and delivering Rx to PF and didn't get home until 4AM).

From 9 news courthouse update:

During Adams’ testimony, the court heard a recorded interview with Frazee on Dec. 2 -- the day Berreth was reported missing. In the conversation, Frazee was heard saying that he and Berreth had broken up and exchanged their daughter at random locations depending on their work schedules.

He said Berreth sought treatment for alcohol abuse, and that he last saw on her Thanksgiving when they exchanged custody of their daughter.

Adams said Berreth’s mother claimed her daughter had been with Frazee the night before her disappearance. That evening, Berreth’s mother said her daughter called again to say Frazee had given her her gun back, and that she had gone target shooting.

This was notable, according to Adams’ testimony, because Frazee first took away Berreth’s firearm in late 2017 after she made comments about taking her own life during a fight.

But Slater said Kenney claimed Frazee tried to use the gun as a piece of evidence to make it appear that Berreth had taken her own life, rather than been the victim of foul play.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body

ETA: I believe PF may have used the "ulcer" as a ruse to get KB outside of town in the middle of the night, and killed in alleged drive by shooting. (It was previously reported that KB and child were out all night before her murder checking on cattle and delivering Rx to PF and didn't get home until 4AM).

During Adams’ testimony, the court heard a recorded interview with Frazee on Dec. 2 -- the day Berreth was reported missing. In the conversation, Frazee was heard saying that he and Berreth had broken up and exchanged their daughter at random locations depending on their work schedules.

He said Berreth sought treatment for alcohol abuse, and that he last saw on her Thanksgiving when they exchanged custody of their daughter.

Adams said Berreth’s mother claimed her daughter had been with Frazee the night before her disappearance. That evening, Berreth’s mother said her daughter called again to say Frazee had given her her gun back, and that she had gone target shooting.

This was notable, according to Adams’ testimony, because Frazee first took away Berreth’s firearm in late 2017 after she made comments about taking her own life during a fight.

But Slater said Kenney claimed Frazee tried to use the gun as a piece of evidence to make it appear that Berreth had taken her own life, rather than been the victim of foul play.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
It’s just too weird an event (especially considering the timing), for it not to have some relevance here.

I could see some sort of random shooting scenario, or perhaps a staged gunshot suicide.

I’m not sure what exactly to make of it, but it’s something.

IKR?

At what point do you pause, 800 miles from your home, clad in a hazmat suit with bottles of bleach and detergent, in the horror of a murdered strangers's apartment that reeks of blood, with a bloody mess all over , having driven in a friend's VW Passat , holding your burner phone and ask yourself:

What Am I Doing?

You never even make it out of the door... You call 911 or 999 over here end of....

ETA: I believe PF may have used the "ulcer" as a ruse to get KB outside of town in the middle of the night, and perhaps killed by maybe an alleged drive by shooting, but gave up on that idea. (It was previously reported that KB and child were out all night before her murder checking on cattle and delivering Rx to PF and didn't get home until 4AM).

I am confused

Is this new information? I had thought that the night before she was with the cows. And then she was going to the store to help with an ulcer.

Are they saying (the fake response) the next day?( actually I thought it was two days later for butt dial response), was saying that she felt safe with Frazee.

Where is this coming from that she had gone target shooting with him the day after t'giving? This is the first that I have heard of this?

I just thought that the "feel safe/ gun returned text was afterwards... perhaps this is on the time line already that @Tippy Lynn has.

Was this the text in response to butt dial? What day was this?

Last edited:
I can't believe SF2, (a Police Officer) would not find PF's behaviour suspicious, after PF had, in a frenzy, just murdered KB.
Their mother also was present, but she isn't commenting.
This is most strange.
Can someone, act calm after such an event?
Unless, throughout PF's life, his family are aware of ugly incidents in PF's life, where later, he acts calmly.
MOO.
If truly, he is psychopathic/sociopathic yes. Just in watching his demeanor on T.V. he appears calm and slow cadence. Apparently to his norm, this planning and premeditation is a part of his identity on an average day over months. This is an extreme outburst and he would be at his extreme but his mask of normalcy is registering excitable for him but not panicked as a normal psyche.

ETA: Keystone cops or not -- facts are that KK provided critical information leading to PF's arrest.

According to Slater’s testimony, Kenney said she picked up the keys to Berreth’s home outside of Frazee’s house, and then drove to Woodland Park.

When she got inside Berreth’s home in the Colorado mountain town, she was confronted with an unthinkable scene.

“Her words were when she opened the door, it was horrific,” Slater said. “She said she realized that ‘this had actually happened.’”

Slater said Kenney told him there was blood everywhere. She was tasked with disposing of certain items -- including a bloody Bible and the sweater she claims Frazee used to cover Berreth’s eyes -- as well as wiping the blood off surfaces around the home.

But, Slater said Kenney also claimed she left some blood behind -- one of the multiple clues she hoped to leave investigators, even as she helped Frazee cover up his crime.

According to Slater, when investigators returned to Berreth’s apartment with Kenney, she was able to point them to blood spatters they hadn’t seen before.

She was also able to bring them to the barn where she said Frazee hid Berreth’s body, according to Slater. Inside that barn, Slater said a cadaver dog picked up a scent, and there was a discolored piece of hay where Kenney claimed the container with the victim’s body was stored.

I think if they find any evidence that the situation was other than KK said, ie. if she had indeed participated in the actual murder (even though there were many times she was planning to commit the murder), the plea deal would be moot.

Anyone want to confirm this to be true?
If her plea deal is deemed invalid, what happens to her testimony against PF? Is it still permissible? If not, does PF walk free?

Depression is often manifested in helplessness and hopelessness.

Feeling as though you're stuck in an untenable situation and playing that over and over in your mind can be exhausting when sleep is interrupted.

Combine Postpartum hormones with realizing the person you love/loved isn't up to your standards might propel you to seek professional help.

A little bit of counseling might have made KB realize she needed to get herself and BabyK away from PF which may have been the catalyst for his murder plans.

The timing is indeed suspicious.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking.
Maybe PF thought her seeking treatment would be the perfect thing to use in court to prove she was unstable.
Instead, she came out stronger and maybe with some knowledge or realization that she was in an abusive situation.

I think PF, not having control over her or the baby, may have become completely unhinged. Jmo

I can't believe SF2, (a Police Officer) would not find PF's behaviour suspicious, after PF had, in a frenzy, just murdered KB.
Their mother also was present, but she isn't commenting.
This is most strange.
Can someone, act calm after such an event?
Unless, throughout PF's life, his family are aware of ugly incidents in PF's life, where later, he acts calmly.
MOO.
Sure they can. CW killed, went to work, disposed of his family, and interacted with his co-workers at the sites. No one saw any suspicious behavior from CW. #ShineLikeShanann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2