Found Safe TX - Maddison, 7, Dylan McGrath, 5 & Maryah Matthew, 2, Sealy, taken from CT, Feb 2019 *ARREST*

And turn over another rock, and it is worse.

He was previously arrested in New Jersey in 2002.
Police Blotter

$40,000 bail for man, 21, who had relationship with girl, 14

MORRISTOWN - Police arrested a 21-year-old Morristown man Monday, June 2, for sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a minor for a relationship he was having with a 14-year-old girl.

Police arrested the man, Lester Joy, 21, following a weeklong investigation. He was held in Morris County Jail on $40,000 bail.​

The guy who is with them is a sex offender that failed to register - has a lifetime obligation - in neither New Jersey, New York, nor Connecticut. He was from Morristown, NJ and was arrested in Connecticut in 2014. He was facing up to 10 years in Federal Prison for failing to register. He got 27 months instead in 2015.

Here is why he is on the sex offender list.
N.J. sex offender gets 27 months for failing to register in another state

In Jan. 2006, he was convicted in Suffolk County, N.Y. of three counts of third-degree rape, two counts of third-degree criminal sexual acts and two counts of disseminating indecent material to a minor.

Joy was arrested in Juarez, Mexico in Feb. 2005 after he took a 16-year-old girl from her Hampton Bays home and drove her to the Mexican border town, according to the NY Daily News. Joy and SC reportedly had an ongoing relationship before fleeing south of the U.S. border, but she later escaped from him and fled across the border to El Paso, Texas where she notified her mother, according to reports by the NY Daily News and the New York Post.
Edited to change the victim's name to initials.

Oh boy. What a mess.
Wonder how mom got hooked up with this character?

While there isn't an arrest warrant for Mom, she missed a court hearing on February 20th. She violated probation on three 6th degree Larceny charges and 2nd degree Breach of Peace and 3rd degree assault on an Elderly person.

I haven't found a court case that shows why she only has supervised visitation with the kids. I have only found one child support case and two other paternity cases where each guy in the separate cases turned out not to be the father.

The only "positive" thing is that the kids are seemingly not in his age range. But he might be facing federal charges and that will put them in danger.

I noticed the kids are a little young for him. However, will his temper or other desires set him down a new path?
The mom is with him willingly, it appears.

TONIGHT AT 11: An interview w/ the grandmother of these 3 Waterbury children who police say have been abducted by their mother. 29 yo Crystal McGrath was on a supervised visit when the family says she took off -- leaving their coats behind. Hear her plea on @WFSBnews. #AMBERALERT

View attachment 170667

Courtney Zieller on Twitter

Oh, I hope by morning LE has found them.
Where on earth have they been for a week?

I'm thinking they were originally headed to Mexico, perhaps unaware that they would they would be spotted en route because of the Amber Alert. They disappeared two days before being spotted in Sealy so I'm betting they drove straight through, planning on crossing the border but may be hung up now, knowing the Federal Marshal's are hot on Joy's tail. All of that makes things much more dangerous for those babies.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back