CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...I think she was supposed to be dead the night of the ulcer and target shooting was so she would have the gun and gun residue. Something messed up that plan...like maybe KB and CB talking on the phone and whatever they discussed.
So it had to happen the next day.

It’s possible that PF’s mommy was watching the baby.

Interestingly, I’ve read about several cases where a suspicious “suicide,” follows target shooting.

It ensures gunshot residue on the victim’s hands.

I’m not sure it applies to any plot that he was thinking about, but who knows.
Exactly- getting gun shot residue on her hands may have been something he wanted. I'll just bet he probably didn't even shoot himself, just let her do it, and I'll bet he wore gloves to keep his hands clean.

Still, though, what's even more intriguing is the missing bullet from Krystal's friend's gun. It would make more sense if they were going to set up a suicide using Kelsey's gun, but possibly using her friend's gun? We don't know that they did that, nor do we know officially if they fired that gun, but it sure is strange that the friend brought that up, that she even noticed a bullet was missing.

I wonder, was Kelsey's gun the same as her friend's gun? Could Kelsey's gun have been empty of bullets, Patrick forgot to get more or didn't have any more around, and they took one from her friend's gun, to put into Kelsey's gun to shoot her with?

Yeah...I think she was supposed to be dead the night of the ulcer and target shooting was so she would have the gun and gun residue. Something messed up that plan...like maybe KB and CB talking on the phone and whatever they discussed.
So it had to happen the next day.
That could very well be. He probably was there when Kelsey told her Mom about her going target practicing.

Exactly- getting gun shot residue on her hands may have been something he wanted. I'll just bet he probably didn't even shoot himself, just let her do it, and I'll bet he wore gloves to keep his hands clean.

Still, though, what's even more intriguing is the missing bullet from Krystal's friend's gun. It would make more sense if they were going to set up a suicide using Kelsey's gun, but possibly using her friend's gun? We don't know that they did that, nor do we know officially if they fired that gun, but it sure is strange that the friend brought that up, that she even noticed a bullet was missing.

I wonder, was Kelsey's gun the same as her friend's gun? Could Kelsey's gun have been empty of bullets, Patrick forgot to get more or didn't have any more around, and they took one from her friend's gun, to put into Kelsey's gun to shoot her with?
That would all make sense, if the timing worked.

Kelsey was almost certainly killed on the afternoon of the 22nd (Thanksgiving).

KK borrowed the car (and basically the gun as well) on the 23rd.

She didn’t arrive on the scene until the morning of the 24th (a day and a half later).

So while intriguing, I can’t work her friend’s gun, and the missing bullet, into this.

We don’t know if both guns took the same size rounds.

Thanks MassGuy. I missed a lot of the previous threads.

I hate it when conspiracy theories grow legs and pop up here on WS. :rolleyes:

MOO.
I don't know if it was intended as a conspiracy theory. I think some folks just remembered ML from before and perhaps thought there might be a connection. Remember, Krystal did tell her friend that she thought that it was possible that Patrick had killed before. This is why I think folks might be thinking there could be a connection, because of Krystal's comment. Of course, some folks might have seen ML's blonde hair and last name, and assumed she might have been related to Krystal, which is not the case.

Thank you, and I did say that I know nothing happened to her that night. It's just odd, she got her gun back that day or evening, went target shooting, then picked up meds, took care of the cattle. I also wonder, did she take the baby with her to target practice? Or did Patrick have the baby while she did this? How that poor woman was able to get up the next morning and go shopping after is amazing to me! She must have been exhausted- gets in at 4 AM, talks to her Mom, goes shopping, she obviously didn't get much sleep that day.

yes, and as the defense apologetically but indelicately pointed out, she had her period- also tiring.

That would all make sense, if the timing worked.

Kelsey was almost certainly killed on the afternoon of the 22nd (Thanksgiving).

KK borrowed the car (and basically the gun as well) on the 23rd.

She didn’t arrive on the scene until the morning of the 24th (a day and a half later).

So while intriguing, I can’t work her friend’s gun, and the missing bullet, into this.

We don’t know if both guns took the same type of rounds.
I'm sorry- so tired from this sinus infection and I am not making much sense tonight, nor am I completing my thoughts- my apologies. I meant that they took the bullet from the friend's gun after Krystal got there, to make it look like a suicide, and used Kelsey's gun to fire the bullet from.

I believe Patrick's original plan was to have Krystal drive Kelsey's body back to Idaho or further away from his mother's ranch, and bring Kelsey's gun with her, and set it up as a suicide. However, I think Krystal chickened out on this part, as she refused, after he told her he wanted her to take her body with her. Perhaps it was an act of defiance, after having to clean up the murder scene, and she told him to get lost in terms of disposing her body, which already had a bullet in her, so they burned her and evidence together in Ma F's front yard.

I just think Krystal chickened out on doing that last part- possibly freaked her out, after seeing the crime scene, and didn't want to do that last step for him, no matter how much she loves him.

I thought KK admitted to sending texts, not making a call from KB’s phone? There are 2 different logs.

Edited: to add clarity’s about understanding of phone logs vs. text logs.
Yes - admitted to both using the phone and texts. She intentionally wanted phone to ping .

Kenney told investigators that Frazee asked her to dispose of Berreth’s cellphone and gun, according to Slater. She said she drove back to Idaho on Nov. 24, but intentionally let both her and Berreth’s phone ping in Grand Junction, Salt Lake City and Gooding, Idaho, in hopes investigators could use the towers to track her town, Slater testified.

Slater said Kenney claimed she burned Berreth’s phone in her front yard, but not before using it to text Berreth's mom to say she would “call her tomorrow.” She also sent a text to Berreth’s employer that said she wouldn’t be at work the following week, as she was visiting her grandmother in Washington.

These were the last messages the phone ever sent, Slater said.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body

I found this in a news article.

I think they went target shooting the night before her murder, Kelsey called her mom to tell her about it, then Kelsey went back out and all the medical/cattle stuff happened.

It had to have been before, as Kelsey didn’t return until 4:a.m.

Adams said Berreth’s mother claimed her daughter had been with Frazee the night before her disappearance. That evening, Berreth’s mother said her daughter called again to say Frazee had given her her gun back, and that she had gone target shooting.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
This site is the only place I’ve seen this reported. Is it possible this was yet another incident of misreporting possibly due to the bad acoustics in the room according to other reporters?

Me too. I wouldn’t be surprised, in fact, I’d be surprised if she wasn’t hooked up to one.

It seems to be pretty standard in situations like this.
I absolutely agree!!!
I don’t think there’s any doubt that it was part of her conditions to receive the plea. I honestly can’t see a scenario in which she wouldn’t have! To be honest

Yeah, I don't believe that KK "borrowed" any "friend's" ID to fly. Video footage at airports are kept for at least 30 days. For 90 days at some airports. I've never had to simple "flash" my ID at anyone in an airport either-and I fly at least once a month. Sure, she might have encountered a lazy TSA agent who barely looked at her ID, but that's a pretty risky chance. Flying, too, would have exposed her to ticket agents, TSA agents, possible airport personnel, flight attendants, and fellow fliers. That's a lot of people who might possibly remember her-in addition to the video surveillance. Much easier to lie low on the road.

I'm like you-it's always possible that this happened, but the probability is very, very low.
There are several airports she could have flown out of or to, use of connecting flights or driven the rest of the way. Denver airport is massive. Nobody is going to recall who they saw on a flight after so much time elapses.

If her friends were willing to loan her a vehicle, gun, and were willing to lie for her so her ex-husband wouldn't find out, I have no problem believing a friend gave her their ID so the ticket wouldn't have her name on it. The TSA agent would look at it, scan it and think nothing more of it. I doubt LE spent a lot of time tracking KK locations but I bet the defense will do so.

JMO

It’s possible that PF’s mommy was watching the baby.

Interestingly, I’ve read about several cases where a suspicious “suicide,” follows target shooting.

It ensures gunshot residue on the victim’s hands.

I’m not sure it applies to any plot that he was thinking about, but who knows.

A few of those cases recycle on Dateline and Forensic Files pretty regularly.

There's every reason to believe PF and/or Mamma watched them.

The other common theme is poisoning with succinylcholine (way off on the spelling!).

Since there is no body we're never going to know.

I still cannot comprehend why she thinks saying she left stuff will help her or what that did for her? I don't believe she left it on purpose, but why did she say such? Was it to get her a lesser sentence and her lawyer told her to say such to help her out with her plea agreement?

OT, we have a thread for April at WS
NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

Yes, that line of thinking perplexes me too! Especially since on the one hand she says she left a trail of breadcrumbs (for LE to "find her quickly", or however she put it) but then, on the other hand, she lies through her teeth when she's first approached by LE.

How did she think these inconsistencies were a good idea?

Well, really...how did she think any of this was a good idea?

A few of those cases recycle on Dateline and Forensic Files pretty regularly.

There's every reason to believe PF and/or Mamma watched them.

The other common theme is poisoning with succinocholine (way off on the spelling!).

Since there is no body we're never going to know.
Generally. Drugs like succinylcholine are used when someone wants the body to be found, but wants to disguise the manner of death.

So an “accidental drowning” may use something like this in order to facilitate it.

There are several airports she could have flown out of or to, use of connecting flights or driven the rest of the way. Denver airport is massive. Nobody is going to recall who they saw on a flight after so much time elapses.

If her friends were willing to loan her a vehicle, gun, and were willing to lie for her so her ex-husband wouldn't find out, I have no problem believing a friend gave her their ID so the ticket wouldn't have her name on it. The TSA agent would look at it, scan it and think nothing more of it. I doubt LE spent a lot of time tracking KK locations but I bet the defense will do so.

JMO
KK sure is clever, no wonder LE can’t place her in kBs condo on the day of KBs murder November 22nd. She Apparently needs to write a book to help LE when this is all over. I’m surprised that they could be so easily duped by her. Moo

Last edited:
Generally. Drugs like succinylcholine are used when someone wants the body to be found, but wants to disguise the manner of death.

So an “accidental drowning” may use something like this in order to facilitate it.

See, I'm not watching carefully. I'd be as dumb a murderer as these clowns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member