CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This means closest in history is her ex-husband. If he is NPD he will do anything and everything to make himself look even more excellent than before. Not just his ego intact, but more importantly his ego inflated.

If he can gain something from KKs despicable and criminal actions, well, he’d think that is great. Their poor children...

Now, we have no idea of KKs ex. He may be a man of integrity and good morals.
Pretty sure she's the narc. Look at the number of people she manipulates, and deceives, up to PF the king of narcs. He after all was unable to get her to do the dirty deed,but she in the end was able to orchestrate him doing it himself. She has MS as her mouthpiece, the R's giving her legal advice through MS,and being a mouth piece for her too, a friend letting her use her car with a fully loaded weapon, one fan thinking she's the perfect rodeo Queen. Then her husband sticking by her even though she had a thing with PF since 2016.
She's not fooling me.
MOO.

#25 of the affidavit says PF “likely” took the phone with him on the 22nd. It goes on to say he ultimately gave the phone to KK. The 16+min call on the 24th happened at 8:32am. Does that mean KK had to drive to the ranchette 1st to pick up KB’s phone? Or does that mean PF was there, at the townhome, on the 24th? MOO

KK reported that she had to the pick up the keys to KB's townhome at the ranchette gate. This was confirmed by LE with surveillance of both KK and PF at Conoco, around the time KK reported she picked up the keys. I recall seeing news that KK admitted to using KB's phone while in town, and believe it more likely she was talking to PF during the 16 minute call as she was driving to KB's to start the clean up.
MOO

Still a blivot, imo.

If I were the owner of that Passat, knowing what we now know, I would a) go beat the tar out of KK and b) carbeque it. Push it off a cliff. Junk it. Sell it. Donate it.

I'd never get in it again.
She knew about the murder plot since Oct 22nd, and let KK use her car with the fully loaded gun. She has only her own backside to kick.
MOO

She probably was in a rush to get to Sonic.

ETA: Two receipts I want to see:

PF’s Walmart purchases

KK’s Sonic order

Yes, nothing says crime scene cleanup celebration like a footlong with cheese.

The fact that she was able to do that almost immediately after says more to me than any of her actual words.

I guess I can see the need to get rid of the gun after a failed homocide attempt disguised as suicide.

Clearly if you want it to look like legit suicide you’d want the gun to be found by the body, in the appropriate position etc., with suicide letter and all. KK and PF could have written several suboptimal drafts since Sept.

It’s weird to me that gun 1 (KBs) and gun 2 (KKs friend’s) have such prominent mentions in what we learned on 2/19, given KKs dramatic and detailed testimony of PF killing KB with baseball bat.

And now the target shooting. What’s up with the guns when KK clearly described a baseball bat murder/slaughter scene?
Bolded by me- I agree, it doesn't make much sense as to why they were significant enough to be brought up during the hearing. A decent amount of emphasis was on both of those guns, especially KK's friend's gun. Even naming the male friend from high school, who thought it was KK's aunt's gun, but she gave it to him because she didn't want it. I mean, if the male friend had nothing to do with anything, and I assume for now for that to be the case until proven otherwise, why drag his name into this? Why not just say that a male friend had it and how it came to be in his possession, rather than name someone innocent of this crime?

Then I think of the male DNA in Kelsey's bathroom that they don't believe to be PF's. They ought to know by now if that DNA belonged to her father or brother.

So since I’m thinking on random things...not that this matters, but what happened to those flowers KB bought at the store? Is it strange that her family made no mention of dead flowers in a vase? So KB did not have a chance to put them in water. Or if she did they were thrown away. Again nothing huge, but why no mention of any flowers?

If it’s found out the flowers were taken to PFs mom’s for thanksgiving dinner (or anytime for that matter) I’m for sure either going to throw up or drink a shot of Akvavit.

From the testimony of WPPD Officer Adams:

Woodland Park Police Department Patrol Officer Chris Adams was the first witness who has been called to the stand. He said he became actively involved in investigating Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance on Dec. 3, 2018.

During redirect examination, Adams said the surveillance camera in question was grainy, and only stored a week's worth of surveillance footage at a time. The photos shown during Adams’ testimony were taken after it was triggered by movement.

Prosecutors later asked Adams about the state of Berreth’s apartment after she was reported missing. He said she had flowers on her kitchen table, and that her purse and house keys were missing. Her car keys were still inside the home, and there was no indication she had packed any luggage or taken any clothes, Adams said.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Pretty sure she's the narc. Look at the number of people she manipulates, and deceives, up to PF the king of narcs. He after all was unable to get her to do the dirty deed,but she in the end was able to orchestrate him doing it himself. She has MS as her mouthpiece, the R's giving her legal advice through MS,and being a mouth piece for her too, a friend letting her use her car with a fully loaded weapon, one fan thinking she's the perfect rodeo Queen. Then her husband sticking by her even though she had a thing with PF since 2016.
She's not fooling me.
MOO.
You’re prob my right! It’s often the NPD paired with an emphath or more passive or people pleasing person.

KK may be more borderline personality disorder than NPD, but there is always overlap of symptoms. And obviously don’t know enough of KKs hx and psych stuff. But BPD stands out.

But makes me think of Glenn Close cooking the pet bunny in Fatal Attraction. BPD dx.

From the testimony of WPPD Officer Adams:

Woodland Park Police Department Patrol Officer Chris Adams was the first witness who has been called to the stand. He said he became actively involved in investigating Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance on Dec. 3, 2018.

During redirect examination, Adams said the surveillance camera in question was grainy, and only stored a week's worth of surveillance footage at a time. The photos shown during Adams’ testimony were taken after it was triggered by movement.

Prosecutors later asked Adams about the state of Berreth’s apartment after she was reported missing. He said she had flowers on her kitchen table, and that her purse and house keys were missing. Her car keys were still inside the home, and there was no indication she had packed any luggage or taken any clothes, Adams said.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
Oh wow. I had not seen that info about the flowers before! Thank you.

There are several airports she could have flown out of or to, use of connecting flights or driven the rest of the way. Denver airport is massive. Nobody is going to recall who they saw on a flight after so much time elapses.

If her friends were willing to loan her a vehicle, gun, and were willing to lie for her so her ex-husband wouldn't find out, I have no problem believing a friend gave her their ID so the ticket wouldn't have her name on it. The TSA agent would look at it, scan it and think nothing more of it. I doubt LE spent a lot of time tracking KK locations but I bet the defense will do so.

JMO

Respectfully BBM

I'm not sure there would be a logical reason for LE not to track all of KK's possible locations leading up to and after the crime. That's what they do.

KK reported that she had to the pick up the keys to KB's townhome at the ranchette gate. This was confirmed by LE with surveillance of both KK and PF at Conoco, around the time KK reported she picked up the keys. I recall seeing news that KK admitted to using KB's phone while in town, and believe it more likely she was talking to PF during the 16 minute call as she was driving to KB's to start the clean up.
MOO
That makes sense...so KK pretended to be KB (from a cell record standpoint)? Isn’t impersonating someone a crime or was that also part of the plea deal? Does this narrow down KK’s arrival to the ranchette at about 8:30 am ish on the 24th? ALL MOO

MOO
Is the timeline wrong? It says KK arrived Woodland Park at 7:30 a.m. So, what I have is she got the keys, then went to clean, went to Sonic and met PF at Conoco around 4:30 p.m. (I will look for time she arrived in CO.)

Patrick Frazee to face trial after preliminary hearing
Surveillance video from that day showed Frazee and Kenney together at a Conoco gas station not far from Frazee’s home sometime between 4:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. Frazee was seen filling up a red faded gas can.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Slater says Kenney exchanged her car with her friend Megan (unsure on spelling) on Nov. 23. It’s a Volkswagen Passat with expired plates. She left around 6:30 p.m. that day, arriving around 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 24. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney #KelseyBerreth

ETA: Sonic - how could I forget? :eek:
ETA: Sam's tweet

Last edited:
Posters have asked for the exact route from Florissant to Idaho that KKL and LE described. I personally don't believe she drove straight through without stopping. Rodeo people often have friends or family where they can crash for a few hours and go again without an extensive visit, so I have broken it into two logical parts. The total is at the bottom, if you believe she drove without stopping:

US 24 from Florissant to Buena Vista, CO
US 50 over Monarch Pass, through Gunnison and Grand Junction, CO to Fruita, CO
note: Florissant to Fruita 272 miles, 5 hr 32 min

I 70 from Fruita to Green River, Utah
US 191 from Green River to Castle Gate, Utah
US 6 to Spanish Fork, Utah
I 15 from Spanish Fork thru Salt Lake City to Tremonton, Utah
I 84 from Tremonton to Exit 182 (Anderson Camp, Idaho)
Idaho 50 from Exit 182 to Rock Creek Road (Hansen, Idaho)
note: Fruita to Hansen 482 miles, 7 hr 10 min

Total Distance 759 miles, Est driving time 12 hr 31 min
She drove 12 hours up and 12 hours back, each time? 24 hours worth of driving?

You’re prob my right! It’s often the NPD paired with an emphath or more passive or people pleasing person.

KK may be more borderline personality disorder than NPD, but there is always overlap of symptoms. And obviously don’t know enough of KKs hx and psych stuff. But BPD stands out.

But makes me think of Glenn Close cooking the pet bunny in Fatal Attraction. BPD dx.
BPD, or "I hate you... DON'T LEAVE ME!" That mindset/motivation could fit both of the primaries in this murder, perhaps...

12 hour drive to do that... What an earth must have been going on in her mind... So many opportunities to turn around..
Who in the heck does this? Never mind 4 times- 3 to try and kill Kelsey, the 4th time being the clean up. Seriously, who does this, and why? Wow.....and she burned her phone and Kelsey's in her ex husband's front yard, cleaned up a crime scene, burned poor Kelsey's body and items from her home/purse, got a new cell phone, and gave away Kelsey's gun to some high school friend, after all of this. Makes me wonder if she was on cocaine or some sort of speed, to do all of that.

Something I have also been pondering about any possibility of KK being in CO on November 22nd. With all the evidence that KK left about her whereabouts when going to CO during the 23rd-25th trip, with cell phone tracking etc. It seems impossible to me that she would have been able to pull off a scenario where she could be in CO on November 22nd totally undetected without any trail of evidence. MOO

Last edited:
That makes sense...so KK pretended to be KB (from a cell record standpoint)? Isn’t impersonating someone a crime or was that also part of the plea deal? Does this narrow down KK’s arrival to the ranchette at about 8:30 am ish on the 24th? ALL MOO
Ha! She committed so many crimes that even if it was illegal to impersonate KB, it’s minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

KK apparently arrived in colorado around 7:30 on the 24th.

Slater says Kenney exchanged her car with her friend Megan (unsure on spelling) on Nov. 23. It’s a Volkswagen Passat with expired plates. She left around 6:30 p.m. that day, arriving around 7:30 a.m. on Nov. 24. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney #KelseyBerreth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMae0823