UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we do know is AM was unsettled that night. My daughter at that age was a bit like that in new places - even those like my parents where we went a lot. I strongly suspect she was out of bed and this is all wrong place wrong time, sadly.

His google account now seems to have vanished but this was an interesting post of his under the poison3d appl3 name. Shows a propensity for extreme / violent thoughts even a good few years ago, before this offence...

Although I don't condone what he said it is common for younger people to go to the extreme online. I've seen worse messages from my 'old' friends who are nothing close to violent and make off the cuff comments like this.

I don't really get this 2am timeline with the CCTV. There's nothing in it and IMO people should stop putting so much emphasis on it. It's starting to go r/conspiracy over here.

What we do know is AM was unsettled that night. My daughter at that age was a bit like that in new places - even those like my parents where we went a lot. I strongly suspect she was out of bed and this is all wrong place wrong time, sadly.

It wasn't a new place for Alesha. She spent week ends and holidays on Bute, she was familiar with the house.
However, she had been taken back to Coatbridge on that Sunday, to attend a party - a very good reason for her to be over excited and not ready for bed on that night.

It wasn't a new place for Alesha. She spent week ends and holidays on Bute, she was familiar with the house.
However, she had been taken back to Coatbridge on that Sunday, to attend a party - a very good reason for her to be over excited and not ready for bed on that night.

New was shorthand for "places other than her own bed" which is why I said even places like my parents which we used to stay over quite a lot but we're saying the same thing, she was unsettled. I guess the point I was making was it sounds like she was out of usual routine and up and down a lot. I might be naive, but I think it's unusual for parents to be turning Peppa Pig off in the early hours, 6 year olds are usually settled long before that even in the holidays. But anyway, it provides some explanation as to why she might not have been fast asleep in bed, it sounds like she had been up and down all evening as they first put her to bed at 10.30pm. Unfortunately, I've been there many times!

No his sentence will start from the date he was remanded, being 16 just means he'll be in YO until he's 21, then he'll go to a prison for LTP.
Would he not be considered an adult at 18 and go to prison at that point?

Agree with Deufin, I know this is a sleuth sithe but if I see one more post about 2am conspiracy theories! It is very possible that the reported events in the house are not accurate. I don’t think it’s the police they were scared of it’s Alesha’s Mother. The whole family including Angela King had Alesha in their care and I do think that RM and TM were arguing in the street and that it was them who didn’t lock the door. How do you tell the Mother of a murdered child that you were distracted and didn’t look after her properly? Alesha may have been downstairs, or even on the stairs when the Monster found her. BUT that doesn’t make them at all implicated in her Murder. I do think that members considering writing to this Beast to satisfy their curiosity goes too far and strays into ghoul territory. Last post on this thread, but I will say one thing. A relative was murdered in a horrible way by an adult teenager who had drowned a child aged when he was under 11. Some people are just wired wrong and he is one of them. They do kill again and I hope he never gets out. He will really struggle inside.

Agree with Deufin, I know this is a sleuth sithe but if I see one more post about 2am conspiracy theories! It is very possible that the reported events in the house are not accurate. I don’t think it’s the police they were scared of it’s Alesha’s Mother. The whole family including Angela King had Alesha in their care and I do think that RM and TM were arguing in the street and that it was them who didn’t lock the door. How do you tell the Mother of a murdered child that you were distracted and didn’t look after her properly? Alesha may have been downstairs, or even on the stairs when the Monster found her. BUT that doesn’t make them at all implicated in her Murder. I do think that members considering writing to this Beast to satisfy their curiosity goes too far and strays into ghoul territory. Last post on this thread, but I will say one thing. A relative was murdered in a horrible way by an adult teenager who had drowned a child aged when he was under 11. Some people are just wired wrong and he is one of them. They do kill again and I hope he never gets out. He will really struggle inside.
That is why i haven't posted or replied to anything about the 2am thing. The facts have the right person convicted.

Does anyone think he might be sent to Carstairs state hospital in south Lanarkshire after the young offenders institute? instead of off to a normal prison. is he/has he been psychologically assessed for this? I know most people here want him to go to a normal prison, but I'm just curious about whether he is being assessed for anything else. I know the judge is looking into his background etc and it said he is being assessed for adhd, before sentencing, but I've not seen much else mentioned regarding psych assessment, apart form them mentioning he has anxiety/depression/history of self harm etc. Has it already been done?

Before anyone says it, yes I know the above (anxiety etc) is not the kind of thing that gets you sent to carstairs, I'm just mentioning them as part of what has already been mentioned in the media. I want to know if he has been assessed for Psychopathy specifically..

sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread....

Does anyone think he might be sent to Carstairs state hospital in south Lanarkshire after the young offenders institute? instead of off to a normal prison. is he/has he been psychologically assessed for this? I know most people here want him to go to a normal prison, but I'm just curious about whether he is being assessed for anything else. I know the judge is looking into his background etc and it said he is being assessed for adhd, before sentencing, but I've not seen much else mentioned regarding psych assessment, apart form them mentioning he has anxiety/depression/history of self harm etc. Has it already been done?

Before anyone says it, yes I know the above (anxiety etc) is not the kind of thing that gets you sent to carstairs, I'm just mentioning them as part of what has already been mentioned in the media. I want to know if he has been assessed for Psychopathy specifically..

He may well be sent to State Hospital Carstairs but I'm sure i read on one of the threads he already had assessments prior to trial and was already of sound mind.

He didn't plead not guilty due to dimished responsibility, he plead not guilty due to a special defence of incriminating someone else. IMO he'll go to prison but we'll find out on 21st March.

Gonna leave this thread now as I’m finding myself getting increasingly annoyed with some of the theories on here, and it really serves no purpose and feels very disrespectful getting wound up over pixels on a screen when a young girl is dead.

Thank you to everyone who’s contributed to this thread, and particularly to those who have kept us constantly updated with developments - HayLouise and Alyce spring to mind.

I’ve genuinely never read about something that affected me as much. I’ve shed plenty of tears thinking about what that poor wee girl went through.

It’s made me go home every day and give my young daughter an extra long kiss and cuddle every single time I had the chance.

God bless you Alesha. It pains me to live in a world that such a thing could happen to you x

Same here, it's getting annoying. Thanks to everyone for the tweets and updates also.

I would say they saw through this story very quickly - how can other inmates attack him when he's been in 24 hour solitary since last July and will likely stay that way until he is 21 and moved to adult prison
In LTP he will also be segregated from prison population. He will be held in a special unit for child rapists and murderers. He may have contact with other prisoners in the same unit. The sad thing about that is all people convicted of similar crimes are housed together and it gives me a feeling that they get a sense of normality about the things they have done. Kind of feeding each others depravity. That last part is JMO.

He may well be sent to State Hospital Carstairs but I'm sure i read on one of the threads he already had assessments prior to trial and was already of sound mind.

He didn't plead not guilty due to dimished responsibility, he plead not guilty due to a special defence of incriminating someone else. IMO he'll go to prison but we'll find out on 21st March.

Thanks for you reply. Interesting...given his history it does surprise me that he is being considered of sound mind...I know I'm not a doctor and this is just my opinion but his behaviour seems psychopathic to me.

I suppose from his point of view it was a mistake to not plead guilty to diminished responsibility like you say, and instead concocted this story about Toni.

So on march 21st he will be told where he's going after the young offenders institute? (as opposed to just the time scale of his sentence)

"Alesha fell asleep watching her beloved Peppa Pig with her dad Robert's girlfriend Toni going into her room to turn off her TV just after 11pm.

Toni told the court: "She was sleeping and her face was facing the wall and her hair was behind her on the pillow."

The next time her bedroom door would be opened - Alesha's 16-year-old killer would be on the other side."

Alesha MacPhail's tragic final day watching Peppa Pig before brutal murder

Thanks for you reply. Interesting...given his history it does surprise me that he is being considered of sound mind...I know I'm not a doctor and this is just my opinion but his behaviour seems psychopathic to me.

I suppose from his point of view it was a mistake to not plead guilty to diminished responsibility like you say, and instead concocted this story about Toni.

So on march 21st he will be told where he's going after the young offenders institute? (as opposed to just the time scale of his sentence)
I'm not sure he'll be told where he will go at 21 when sentenced but there is only one LTP which is exclusively for prisoner serving 5 years or more, he may end up there. It's worth noting that carstairs is run by the Scottish NHS and not the Scottish Prison Service.

Sorry to reply to this again, just further thinking about this. He may be a psychopath but he knew what he was doing, he knew how to make the trial as hard as possible for Alesha's family, he firmly believed he could get away with this. That suggests that despite his history of depression, anxiety and self harm he was/is 100% of sound mind.

I'm not sure he'll be told where he will go at 21 when sentenced but there is only one LTP which is exclusively for prisoner serving 5 years or more, he may end up there. It's worth noting that carstairs is run by the Scottish NHS and not the Scottish Prison Service.

I thought it was age 18 that he moved up to LTP? (not 21?)

It might be run by the NHS but on the Carstairs website it says the majority of admissions come from prison services. Your comment suggested you think it unlikely the prison service would send him there....Do you think he would he have to be assessed outside of the prison service through NHS or privately to be given a better chance of going to Carstairs?

Genuinely curious, just want to understand what you meant/what you think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge