Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that being in a vulnerable state of mind categorises you as high risk missing person, as opposed to voluntary missing, which at 19 would mean you don't get all these resources dedicated to looking for you.

So it's possible the police are keeping back that information, I'm just not sure WHY they would do that.

If you believe someone may be suicidal or feeling mentally vulnerable there is no reason to hide that from the public, and I didn't think they usually did. In fact, it would be helpful information if anyone comes across Leah.

I feel like the only information they might keep to themselves is more likely related to any potential suspects, who they might not want to alert, or who they are watching.

She walks 2 miles to work every day which in itself is pretty tiring, if she got up late or anything she might have had to run part of the way so would look knackered

I don’t think her disappearance has anything to do with social media or even any potential current or ex boyfriends she may have had, anyone she has sent an @ to on twitter will have been thoroughly investigated, anyone who ever sent her a DM, anyone who had spoken to her on Tinder, anyone she had texted or spoken to on the phone, her facebook friends, people she messaged on forums etc, social media/private life are first thing police investigate with a young person

Only 3 possibilities imho are

1) Suicide - drowning, or hanging in some secluded area

2) Stranger attack - the stereotype leaping out of a bush while she walking through wooded areas etc on way to work and bundling her into a car

3) Runaway - Unlikely imho as she would need money to survive, unless she is being sheltered by a friend but all her friends would be investigated

There is a fourth possibility which to me is still likely, which is attack by someone she knows. Someone who also knows where on the path is covered by CCTV and where isn't.

She walks 2 miles to work every day which in itself is pretty tiring, if she got up late or anything she might have had to run part of the way so would look knackered

I don’t think her disappearance has anything to do with social media or even any potential current or ex boyfriends she may have had, anyone she has sent an @ to on twitter will have been thoroughly investigated, anyone who ever sent her a DM, anyone who had spoken to her on Tinder, anyone she had texted or spoken to on the phone, her facebook friends, people she messaged on forums etc, social media/private life are first thing police investigate with a young person

Only 3 possibilities imho are

1) Suicide - drowning, or hanging in some secluded area

2) Stranger attack - the stereotype leaping out of a bush while she walking through wooded areas etc on way to work and bundling her into a car

3) Runaway - Unlikely imho as she would need money to survive, unless she is being sheltered by a friend but all her friends would be investigated

Okay well if not knackered, then depressed? (not bothered with hair etc that day)

There is a fourth possibility which to me is still likely, which is attack by someone she knows. Someone who also knows where on the path is covered by CCTV and where isn't.

Quite the scary thoughts. And you have to believe LE is checking all of that out. Right? All of her friends, relationships, habits, SM, you name it. And hopefully their access to more CCTV, will help out in the long run. The goal. Reuniting Ms. LC safely with her family. And friends. And co-workers. And I hope...

Police search for missing Leah Croucher from Milton Keynes enters tenth day

The search for missing 19 year old Leah Croucher from Milton Keynes has entered its tenth day.

Friends, family and Police officers are continuing to search the streets of local areas today, with one group working on Queensway in Bletchley this morning.

Yesterday, there were increased patrols around Furzton, Knowlhill and Shenley Lodge in an effort to try and jog peoples memory and assist in the case.

I do believe that being in a vulnerable state of mind categorises you as high risk missing person, as opposed to voluntary missing, which at 19 would mean you don't get all these resources dedicated to looking for you.

So it's possible the police are keeping back that information, I'm just not sure WHY they would do that.

If you believe someone may be suicidal or feeling mentally vulnerable there is no reason to hide that from the public, and I didn't think they usually did. In fact, it would be helpful information if anyone comes across Leah.

I feel like the only information they might keep to themselves is more likely related to any potential suspects, who they might not want to alert, or who they are watching.

I've always seen LE missing persons reports to be clear if they feel there's a risk that the person might be feeling suicidal. I also think that most people who are in that frame of mind would tend to deviate from their norm...so they wouldn't go to work, or when they're supposed to be at work they'd walk out of work. We haven't been told that Leah has deviated from her norm in any way.

I think it's similar for most voluntary disappearances, people will at some point deviate from their norm. Instead of going to school or work, they'll pack a bag with overnight clothes and head for the railway station instead of getting on the bus for work or school.

Police visit 4,000 homes over missing teen

"A teenager is still missing ten days into a search which has seen police visit more than 4,000 homes.

Leah Croucher, 19, was last seen by her parents on 14 February at their home in Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes.

CCTV showed her walking down Buzzacott Lane in Furzton, in the direction of her work, at 08:15 GMT on 15 February.

Thames Valley Police has more than 50 officers and staff involved in the search, which has covered multiple areas of Milton Keynes.

The force has asked anyone who was on or near Buzzacott Lane the day Leah went missing to get in touch, particularly if they spoke to her then, or in the past.

Police said that after being seen on CCTV "Leah's movements are unknown". Her mobile phone and bank account have not been used."

Last edited:
I'm assuming they have been and are still combing through all available cctv footage from the area surrounding the last footage they have of her at Buzzacot Lane. Since they have not found any further recordings of her walking or getting into a car/bus or entering a house/shop, is it safe to assume she must have walked down streets and paths or been picked up in an area or entered a building where there's no cctv?

Last edited:
I’m a local, Thursday (14th) a fun fair arrived at the MK Bowl opening Friday 15th and was right on the edge of the bowl area. It was visible easily from Furzton lake pub on Sunday evening 17th. It was advertised to be there for the full week of half term. It hasn’t been mentioned in any of the media information. It might not have any relevance but a group of strangers arriving there shouldn’t be dismissed.

I'm assuming they have been and are still combing through all available cctv footage from the area surrounding the last footage they have of her at Buzzacot Lane. Since they have not found any further recordings of her walking or getting into a car/bus or entering a house/shop, is it safe to assume she must have walked down streets and paths or been picked up in an area where there's no cctv?

Good question. You'd think that when combing through the incoming cctv/dashcam footage that they'd start closer to the place of last sighting and try to work outward, and then if Leah had been caught on another camera a few hundred yards away, then that would become the new 'latest sighting'. So it is very interesting that they seem to be saying they can't find anything after that footage that's already been put out.

Would someone be kind enough to put up a Google Maps link to that street where we saw Leah walking and explain in which direction she was walking and possible routes to the area where she works? I know I've seen screenshots of the G maps of the area in the thread already, but I'm not sure if the G maps link itself has been posted so we can zoom in and out and go 3d and stuff like that? And also a question on that of where the next cctv footage would be expected if Leah kept to one of those expected routes to work? Because it would seem it's between those two points where she's 'disappeared', and we know that people don't literally disappear into thin air.

Would someone be kind enough to put up a Google Maps link to that street where we saw Leah walking and explain in which direction she was walking and possible routes to the area where she works?

This is a blue line google maps using her original location (home) the lane where the CCTV is and adding the destinations from the police info of the direction she is believed to have been heading.

im not local so others may be able to do a more useful version.

Attachments

• lcmaps.JPG
    lcmaps.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 65
  • lcmaps2.JPG
    lcmaps2.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 62
Good question. You'd think that when combing through the incoming cctv/dashcam footage that they'd start closer to the place of last sighting and try to work outward, and then if Leah had been caught on another camera a few hundred yards away, then that would become the new 'latest sighting'. So it is very interesting that they seem to be saying they can't find anything after that footage that's already been put out.

Exactly. The only thing we do know is that she didn't backtrack or she would have been seen again by the same camera. So she must have walked on, and must have walked streets and paths without any further coverage. (That's assuming LE by now got all footage from every camera surrounding her last known location.) It's very odd. Maybe there are just not enough cameras in MK?

I second your request for a map that shows the spot of the last sighting. I know there were several maps and screenshots posted before but do we have the exact location of the last sighting?

I'm not sure if the G maps link itself has been posted so we can zoom in and out and go 3d and stuff like that?

I now googled Buzzacot Lane MK and got the map and can view it 3d and walk around in it but unfortunately I can't link because my phone automatically uses the maps app and there's no url :confused:

From what I see it's very green and residential with houses set apart and lots of smaller walk ways and bike paths inbetween that lead God knows where. Surely the locals will know all those pleasant shortcuts. And I doubt there will be many cameras, if at all. I don't know though where exactly she was seen last.

Last edited:
is there a local council map online of cctv cameras in MK ? ( I saw someone posted a link for the ones on the Libby thread)
I dont have a map of cctv but honestly in that area I dont think there will be much. MK has purpose built areas. So you'll have Emerson Valley which is like a cross between a big housing estate and a district. There are loads of these in MK. As they're purpose built they have centralised shopping areas, plus maybe a school, docs surgery etc. Reason for the ramble is that you don't have say corner shops or random cafes etc. Residential areas are just various forms of housing. Emerson Valley is a huge area and there might be a few asbo type issues but nothing too problematic. So I dont think many houses will have cctv.

This is a blue line google maps using her original location (home) the lane where the CCTV is and adding the destinations from the police info of the direction she is believed to have been heading.

im not local so others may be able to do a more useful version.

These are good, thanks. It would be helpful to have a google maps link to what you have there, with the pin to mark the location of the last known location cctv footage, so we can actually click on it and zoom in and out etc.

Rambling on! Re dashcam. On residential roads it will be local commuters and school run traffic. If she walked round the lake there are no roads. If she left the estate she will have gone under a redway (the underpasses and cycle routes I mentioned before). The main roads are fast, pretty much straight grid roads and no stopping zones. Chaffron Way is not a dual carriageway but many are. You cant cross them (would be madness to try).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog