TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The pickup truck (pictured) was captured on a surveillance camera nearby shortly before Sergio left for work. Investigators believe the shooter may have been waiting for him to leave to make sure Barraza was alone

Surveillance camera captures moment Texas woman is murdered in her driveway | Daily Mail Online

Surveillance camera captures moment Texas woman is murdered in her driveway | Daily Mail Online

Good catch. So there is probably another video we have not seen yet.

Very frustrating to say the least, case like this need a spotlight from the get go before it goes too cold and time passes..
Agreed... I wish they’d set up a Facebook page, hash tag, or something to actively share the case. My feeling is this is not a local person. Getting knowledge out about the vehicle and whereabouts on that day may prompt a memory or question for someone that knows someone with that truck.

would love to see that chart if you can find it
I have searched and searched and can’t find that article but remember the chart vividly.
I wasn’t researching this case when it appeared and therefore recreating where it came from has been a challenge.

I did find this interesting data on contract killing. I’m not quite sure in their complete use of the term contract. But it does talk about use of disguise being associated with someone with the “victim” mentality. It a research paper so not an easy read. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/hojo.12243

I think if the truck drove by before the shooting LE would have mentioned that.

I made two posts in a row. You quoted the second one. The first one includes a still from the same video and states The pickup truck (pictured) was captured on a surveillance camera nearby shortly before Sergio left for work. Investigators believe the shooter may have been waiting for him to leave to make sure Barraza was alone.

The attributed source was the Daily Mail.

Agreed... I wish they’d set up a Facebook page, hash tag, or something to actively share the case. My feeling is this is not a local person. Getting knowledge out about the vehicle and whereabouts on that day may prompt a memory or question for someone that knows someone with that truck.

I have searched and searched and can’t find that article but remember the chart vividly.
I wasn’t researching this case when it appeared and therefore recreating where it came from has been a challenge.

I did find this interesting data on contract killing. I’m not quite sure in their complete use of the term contract. But it does talk about use of disguise being associated with someone with the “victim” mentality. It a research paper so not an easy read. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/hojo.12243

I believe the hashtag being used most is #JusticeforLiz. I haven't found a FB yet, if I do I'll link it. I know there are shirts for sale and pins to help with reward money and such. Not sure if we can post 's either but there is a picture of the shirt there, but I'm not sure how to go about ordering one at this time. https://www.********.com/justiceforliz

Edited to add, there is a Facebook group for the case: Elizabeth “Liz” Barraza Murder - Sleuth Syndicate

9517588-6678381-image-a-11_1549551065895.jpg

The pickup truck (pictured) was captured on a surveillance camera nearby shortly before Sergio left for work. Investigators believe the shooter may have been waiting for him to leave to make sure Barraza was alone.

thanks everyone - I tried to multi-quote but couldnèt
that shows serious intent

I believe the hashtag being used most is #JusticeforLiz. I haven't found a FB yet, if I do I'll link it. I know there are shirts for sale and pins to help with reward money and such. Not sure if we can post ********'s either but there is a picture of the shirt there, but I'm not sure how to go about ordering one at this time. https://www.********.com/justiceforliz

Edited to add, there is a Facebook group for the case: Elizabeth “Liz” Barraza Murder - Sleuth Syndicate
Thank you! These are the things I was looking for!

Glad to help.

I cannot speak for other states/counties/jurisdictions, BUT I have to say that here in Houston, LE is usually tight lipped on most cases. We have reached out to several families regarding disappearances/unsolved murders, and quite a few have commented that investigators do not want them to speak about the case to anyone outside the investigative team. I do realize that information can be misinterpreted, and as far as this case specifically I think their "silence" is for good reason. My gut tells me (aka speculation) it's someone "close" to Liz or Sergio and they don't want to spook them into leaving or burying any evidence that may be valuable to the prosecution in court. In general, however, for some reason it's hard to get LE to speak on most open cases here, even if decades old.
Sorry for the long, mostly irrelevant, post but I'm sure most here can understand where I'm coming from.
*Edited they're to their, because duh lol

Unfortunately the hashtag is not unique to Liz Barraza, and the Facebook group is not run by family or friends and not public and not actively getting people to share articles and links to spread awareness. It is full of people similar to us, but functioning with WAY less stringent rules and infighting. I don’t recommend it at all and IMHO it does not help bring awareness to this case. The Facebook page needs to be public, personal, and filled with articles that can be shared. A unique hashtag needs to be created and used with every post and comment. Facebook lives are a good way to get videos in front of people as well. Obviously just MOO and from a marketing background only, not a LE background.
I believe the hashtag being used most is #JusticeforLiz. I haven't found a FB yet, if I do I'll link it. I know there are shirts for sale and pins to help with reward money and such. Not sure if we can post ********'s either but there is a picture of the shirt there, but I'm not sure how to go about ordering one at this time. https://www.********.com/justiceforliz

I don't remember if this has already been linked, but it's the Crime Stoppers Conference for Liz. At around 21 minutes, The lead investigator says there are multiple videos of the suspect vehicle. They were able to track it going into their neighborhood from the south of Kuykendahl minutes before Liz's husband left for work, and leaving onto Kuykendahl after the attack.
There are a few ways to get in and out of their neighborhood, but one of them is almost a straight shot in and out. The suspect vehicle positioned themselves to face the direct shot out of the neighborhood. They were familiar with the neighborhood. If this was planned, then they knew where she lived and were familiar with entry/exits, could easily look up entry/exits prior to arriving, OR they had her address and circled until they figured out a route, and may or may not have been waiting for Liz's husband to leave.

Also, I just want to note for those not familiar with the area, Kuykendahl is a busy street lined with businesses. I believe there is a lot more that LE is not releasing yet...hopefully building a case against someone.

#justiceforLiz

It seems unusual that someone could have such an obvious dislike for her and her not to know & furthermore IMO it would be weird for her not to have shared with her husband about this rift. It has such a Missy Beavers feel to it. It’s fascinating bc it’s so creepy, you’d think the press would love this one. The robe adds another layer of wtf.

I also live near the area and came across this forum while looking for updates on this case. With regards to timing, the school bus stops fairly close to their home. High school kids get on the bus around 6:20am, and the bus swings back around 7:20am for the elementary students. I think the killer may have timed this to avoid having to do the shooting with youth nearby possibly witnessing this. If this was a preplanned, outside shooting, the murderer would have needed to know a LOT of info to get timing just right. Husband just barely left for work, no school kids waiting outside. How on earth would the shooter know she would be outside at just that time, alone?

Who shoots people point-blank in their front yard? The neighbors on their street must be really rattled. I wonder whether the husband has done anything to protect himself in case this murderer returns?

Unfortunately the hashtag is not unique to Liz Barraza, and the Facebook group is not run by family or friends and not public and not actively getting people to share articles and links to spread awareness. It is full of people similar to us, but functioning with WAY less stringent rules and infighting. I don’t recommend it at all and IMHO it does not help bring awareness to this case. The Facebook page needs to be public, personal, and filled with articles that can be shared. A unique hashtag needs to be created and used with every post and comment. Facebook lives are a good way to get videos in front of people as well. Obviously just MOO and from a marketing background only, not a LE background.

There is a rather good group, a real group of professionals who run several groups on Facebook. Go check it out! You might just like it. It is very well moderated, and silly nonsense is not allowed. The name of the group: 501st Legion ~ Elizabeth Barraza Murder ~ Sleuth Coup

There is a rather good group, a real group of professionals who run several groups on Facebook. Go check it out! You might just like it. It is very well moderated, and silly nonsense is not allowed. The name of the group: 501st Legion ~ Elizabeth Barraza Murder ~ Sleuth Coup
I couldn’t find a group with this name.

I don't remember if this has already been linked, but it's the Crime Stoppers Conference for Liz. At around 21 minutes, The lead investigator says there are multiple videos of the suspect vehicle. They were able to track it going into their neighborhood from the south of Kuykendahl minutes before Liz's husband left for work, and leaving onto Kuykendahl after the attack.
There are a few ways to get in and out of their neighborhood, but one of them is almost a straight shot in and out. The suspect vehicle positioned themselves to face the direct shot out of the neighborhood. They were familiar with the neighborhood. If this was planned, then they knew where she lived and were familiar with entry/exits, could easily look up entry/exits prior to arriving, OR they had her address and circled until they figured out a route, and may or may not have been waiting for Liz's husband to leave.

Also, I just want to note for those not familiar with the area, Kuykendahl is a busy street lined with businesses. I believe there is a lot more that LE is not releasing yet...hopefully building a case against someone.

#justiceforLiz
If it's not someone familiar with the area, there may be video days before the shooting of this perp casing the house. I hope they've pulled surveillance video for several days previous to this.

Maybe the shooter intended to walk up to the door and shoot when door opened, but Elizabeth just happened to be outside. Wonder if she left for work later than her husband as a rule. Killer may not have even known of garage sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974