Brandon Nathan Tyson- SC teen shot dead by friend’s dad

There seems to be more to the story.

The homeowner was taken to into ICU at the Greenville Memorial Hospital for facial trauma that he received during the altercation, Shore said.

17-year-old shot in head, dies after fight in Anderson Co.

Prior to the shooting, the teen was allegedly acting erratically. Witnesses described the scene as chaotic, stating they saw Tyson breaking windows and destroying furniture.

Another teen who resided at the home alerted his parent and after confronting Tyson, he allegedly became irate with the parent.

A physical altercation ensued, leaving the parent badly injured. At some point during the fight, the parent reached for his gun and shot Tyson in the head.

Teen Who Was Visiting Friend Killed By His Parent

Last edited:
This is just unreal - the story itself and the police response. May God continue to give you strength and guide you, momma Niki. We’ll stand behind you in your quest for justice.

On September 8, 2018, a 17-year-old high school senior was shot in the head by the father of his friend just after 2 in the morning. He claims the teen, Brandon Nathan Tyson, was acting bizarrely- smashing windows and throwing furniture.

Earlier that day, Brandon bad went to the police station to give a report on a robbery he had witnessed. At least one of those involved in the robbery were at the house the night Brandon died. The case was dismissed after his death, with Brandon being the only witness they had no case without him.

That night, a group of friend and Brandon had attended a high school football game before going to one of the teens home to hang out.

There has to be more to this story! A grown man shoots a teenager three times because he is acting bizarre— why not hold him down or maybe shoot him in a leg or arm to subdue him. Three shots, one to his head, seems excessive.

What’s even more crazy is this isn’t being investigated further, the man who shot Brandon isn’t listed as a suspect or even part of the case. The people who actually witnessed the shooting aren’t listed as witnesses. There is also a 911 call that’s over 10 minutes long with 6 minutes of it being Brandon being hurt by the shooter.

Here is the family’s blog to read more about what they are going through. https://justice4brandon.org
Reading the articles, it looks like self defense. The homeowner ended up in ICU with facial injuries. I wonder if drugs were involved to cause that destructive outburst in the basement?

<modsnip-quoted post was not an approved source>

I'm interested in hearing the 911 call. Is it available?

Also, even though LE is saying the man who shot Brandon isn't considered a suspect, it doesn't mean they aren't still investigating this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blog isn't MSM, and I trust the police.

That’s the whole point of this conversation! The police aren’t releasing anything, saying they are no longer investigating it. But when you look at it closer, there are so many things wrong with this case, it’s clear they are covering it up.

I know you trust the police and only trust what you read in the papers but you’re missing the whole point here. If we all put our blinders on and only trust what we are spoon fed, especially in a case such as this with such glaring discrepancies, what have we become? If you bother to take a closer look, you will see that it doesn’t add up.

That’s the whole point of this conversation! The police aren’t releasing anything, saying they are no longer investigating it. But when you look at it closer, there are so many things wrong with this case, it’s clear they are covering it up.

I know you trust the police and only trust what you read in the papers but you’re missing the whole point here. If we all put our blinders on and only trust what we are spoon fed, especially in a case such as this with such glaring discrepancies, what have we become? If you bother to take a closer look, you will see that it doesn’t add up.
It seems pretty clear cut case of self defense.

The homeowner has the right to protect his home and family and he doesn't have a duty to retreat.

When it's OK to kill in S.C.
In South Carolina you are not required to retreat before you come out with guns blazing at in your home, car, or business. That's why, as in Florida and 23 other states, this type of law is known as a "Stand Your Ground" law. Our state holds that a person who is being attacked in his castle "has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and meet force with force."

This is a case of stand your ground. The kid bit the man's face and he required ICU treatment. I agree with LE and not charging him. It's the law!

It seems pretty clear cut case of self defense.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to run upstairs and grab the phone to call 911 about an out of control teen vs grabbing your gun, chasing him around the yard and shooting at him a couple times? The article says the boy was shot in the neck and then in the back of the head. Seems a bit excessive for a 50-something year old man to do to a 17 year old boy.

<modsnip>

All witnesses need to be questioned extensively. Phones checked for incoming/outgoing calls and text messages. May be too late for this.

<modsnip - stating opinion as fact without a link> Those facial injuries don’t necessarily mean the deceased was the perpetrator.

I’m highly suspicious of the “story” here. BT was willing to be a witness in a robbery. Spent time talking to LE about the case. Within a little more than 24 hours he is deceased. Yes I am skeptical.

The blog post leaves out many details. That was the first thing I read and I was outraged. But once I read more into it and learned of the things that were left out of the blog it seems clear what happened.

Many are trying to claim this is a cover up or conspiracy of some sort. That they are living about what happened and it was a set up because Brandon was going to be a witness.

For one, how would any of them have known that? He just went earlier that day to the police.

Secondly, I do not believe a teen would have the forethought to make up lies on a 911 call in the middle of the incident. He had no way to know Brandon would be shot and killed. There was no reason for him to lie about what was happening at that point.

The homeowner has the right to protect his home and family and he doesn't have a duty to retreat.

When it's OK to kill in S.C.
In South Carolina you are not required to retreat before you come out with guns blazing at in your home, car, or business. That's why, as in Florida and 23 other states, this type of law is known as a "Stand Your Ground" law. Our state holds that a person who is being attacked in his castle "has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and meet force with force."

This is a case of stand your ground. The kid bit the man's face and he required ICU treatment. I agree with LE and not charging him. It's the law!
I totally agree. That kid put the homeowner into ICU. He received a serious injury

Look, I get what you’re both saying and if it were a clear cut and dry case, I’d agree with you 100%.

But it’s not.

If you read more on it, pull up the (public record) court documents you’ll understand. It’s not the castle doctrine here, it’s not about the bite to the face. This kid was so beaten with a broken jaw, broken arm, hands, fingers, etc. How could he even bite the homeowner that viciously w a broken jaw unless it was broken after the homeowner caught him.

It’s not all in the police report bc it’s being hushed up. Small town mentality. That’s all I’m saying. If the truth were reported by the police and media it puke be all over the news. But this small town is working hard to keep it quiet so we all just think this killing is justified. It’s anything but... MOO

Look, I get what you’re both saying and if it were a clear cut and dry case, I’d agree with you 100%.

But it’s not.

If you read more on it, pull up the (public record) court documents you’ll understand. It’s not the castle doctrine here, it’s not about the bite to the face. This kid was so beaten with a broken jaw, broken arm, hands, fingers, etc. How could he even bite the homeowner that viciously w a broken jaw unless it was broken after the homeowner caught him.

It’s not all in the police report bc it’s being hushed up. Small town mentality. That’s all I’m saying. If the truth were reported by the police and media it puke be all over the news. But this small town is working hard to keep it quiet so we all just think this killing is justified. It’s anything but... MOO
Where is the MSM or police link ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back