This forum is reopened as of 26 February 2019

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This discussion has turned into nothing but a large group of people attacking a very small group of people with a different opinion

Teresa Halbach is a victim. We are a victim friendly forum.

There is nothing in this forum lately that represents what Websleuths is about.

We are about discussing cases in a mature manner. The posting in this forum by most of the participants is not what we allow.

Tricia

Due to the breaking news that Avery has won an appeal, the forum has been reopened. Please post responsibly.

'Making A Murderer' subject Steven Avery will have new evidence heard by court in his case

Thanks for reopening! I was going to message Tricia yesterday to see if she would open it up lol

Just to clarify... he has not won his appeal. It was at the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, Zellner filed a motion asking for it to be remanded back to the Circuit Court, to add yet another violation by the State. The Court of Appeals agreed and it has been remanded back down. If an evidentiary hearing is denied again, it is another thing to add to the appeal.

The issue that is going back to the Circuit court is about the bones. If you can believe it, Zellner and her team had no idea that the bones were returned to the family until someone (a supporter) emailed it to her. It was not part of her files, they were missing some of the CASO report, specifically the last pages where it details the bones that were given back to the family in 2011. These were given back before the appeals were completed and it looks like bones found in the quarry, which were deemed not Teresa's by the State, were also given back, including possibly the pelvic bone. At the time, in 2011, the State also failed to notify Avery and/or his lawyer, which they were required to do so.

This is just a quick catch up. I will try to post all relevant filings later today when I have a bit more time :)

Welcome back everyone... play nice :)

In any case where damning evidence appears to be manufactured it is imperative to raise questions about the possibility of exculpatory evidence being hidden.

Thanks for reopening! I was going to message Tricia yesterday to see if she would open it up lol

Just to clarify... he has not won his appeal. It was at the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, Zellner filed a motion asking for it to be remanded back to the Circuit Court, to add yet another violation by the State. The Court of Appeals agreed and it has been remanded back down. If an evidentiary hearing is denied again, it is another thing to add to the appeal.

The issue that is going back to the Circuit court is about the bones. If you can believe it, Zellner and her team had no idea that the bones were returned to the family until someone (a supporter) emailed it to her. It was not part of her files, they were missing some of the CASO report, specifically the last pages where it details the bones that were given back to the family in 2011. These were given back before the appeals were completed and it looks like bones found in the quarry, which were deemed not Teresa's by the State, were also given back, including possibly the pelvic bone. At the time, in 2011, the State also failed to notify Avery and/or his lawyer, which they were required to do so.

This is just a quick catch up. I will try to post all relevant filings later today when I have a bit more time :)

Hi Missy, nice to see you here! We seem to be following the same cases, not stalking you , I swear, lol. A quick question as I haven’t posted on this topic before, what’s the general consensus as to Avery’s guilt on WS? I certainly have my own strong opinion.

Hi Missy, nice to see you here! We seem to be following the same cases, not stalking you , I swear, lol. A quick question as I haven’t posted on this topic before, what’s the general consensus as to Avery’s guilt on WS? I certainly have my own strong opinion.

Hi Funky Funky!!!! Nice to "see" you over here too :) I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone, BUT... I can tell you what I think... lol I think Steven deserves a new trial.... I don't know whether he did it or not, but there are many things that just don't make sense when they are looked at deeper. I'm not a "free Avery" supporter... I am more about fairness all around, for both the victim and her family and Avery's. Brendan... I believe 100% he was coerced and had nothing to do with it at all.

This is definitely a case where sides have been taken, which as you can see, leads to some spankings and the forum getting shut down hahaha I can honestly say that I am still on the fence about Steven, but I do not believe for a minute that if he did it, it was done the way the prosecution says.

With that being said, I am disgusted that Kratz and LE/the State went with a narrative that was not supported by the evidence, held a press conference not suitable for children, and this is what they have left the family with. I have posted on this forum a few times that I do have personal experience with a situation just like this, and ironically, it has surfaced again in the last few weeks, and I was speaking to my mom about it today in relation to this case vs our family. She agrees, and she has lived it. When you are told that a family member was brutally ... and I mean brutally murdered... and that is the image you are left with no real proof, it's awful. Every thought, every memory is clouded with that image. I have family members that have spent time in therapy... I have others that should. I cannot even express in words what a difference it would make to be able to take that image away, although, I suspect the damage has already been done. It may seem trivial to some, and in the end it does not matter, Teresa is not with us anymore and her family will never have her back, but knowing how and who without a doubt should be the goal for everyone involved. This is JMO and I don't tell a bit of my story for sympathy I tell it because I do know the impact it can have on a family. I won't say which case it is directly... but it was HUGE in Canada and world wide actually, it was brutal, a mass murderer. There is a thread here at WS's but I do not post in it. I feel I am removed from the situation a bit because I never knew her, but those that did, I see the aftermath on a daily basis.

Sorry for going on and on... but just got home and was talking to my mom about it just hours ago, and it reminded me of why I think I even became obsessed with this case!

I'm a facts kinda girl though... you should know this haha I have read everything with this case!

Hi Funky Funky!!!! Nice to "see" you over here too :) I don't want to speak on behalf of everyone, BUT... I can tell you what I think... lol I think Steven deserves a new trial.... I don't know whether he did it or not, but there are many things that just don't make sense when they are looked at deeper. I'm not a "free Avery" supporter... I am more about fairness all around, for both the victim and her family and Avery's. Brendan... I believe 100% he was coerced and had nothing to do with it at all.

This is definitely a case where sides have been taken, which as you can see, leads to some spankings and the forum getting shut down hahaha I can honestly say that I am still on the fence about Steven, but I do not believe for a minute that if he did it, it was done the way the prosecution says.

With that being said, I am disgusted that Kratz and LE/the State went with a narrative that was not supported by the evidence, held a press conference not suitable for children, and this is what they have left the family with. I have posted on this forum a few times that I do have personal experience with a situation just like this, and ironically, it has surfaced again in the last few weeks, and I was speaking to my mom about it today in relation to this case vs our family. She agrees, and she has lived it. When you are told that a family member was brutally ... and I mean brutally murdered... and that is the image you are left with no real proof, it's awful. Every thought, every memory is clouded with that image. I have family members that have spent time in therapy... I have others that should. I cannot even express in words what a difference it would make to be able to take that image away, although, I suspect the damage has already been done. It may seem trivial to some, and in the end it does not matter, Teresa is not with us anymore and her family will never have her back, but knowing how and who without a doubt should be the goal for everyone involved. This is JMO and I don't tell a bit of my story for sympathy I tell it because I do know the impact it can have on a family. I won't say which case it is directly... but it was HUGE in Canada and world wide actually, it was brutal, a mass murderer. There is a thread here at WS's but I do not post in it. I feel I am removed from the situation a bit because I never knew her, but those that did, I see the aftermath on a daily basis.

Sorry for going on and on... but just got home and was talking to my mom about it just hours ago, and it reminded me of why I think I even became obsessed with this case!

I'm a facts kinda girl though... you should know this haha I have read everything with this case!

Thank you Missy. I am so sorry for what your family has been through, I was unaware. Your posts are very well thoughout and informative and you are a credit to WS.

Thank you Missy. I am so sorry for what your family has been through, I was unaware. Your posts are very well thoughout and informative and you are a credit to WS.

Thanks Funky Funky! I hate using the "family" card. But like I said, it's kind of surfaced again the last few weeks and with the forum being closed (I only post here about MaM), it has given me some time to reflect a bit too.

This case and our own experience is part of the reason why I do not have a blind trust in authority, as you can tell from the McStay case as well lol

So now I'm interested.... what are your thoughts?

I should also state... I don't have a blind trust in Zellner with this case either haha I did when she first got on the case, but she has made some mistakes along the way as well... and sometimes comes up with some pretty "pretzel-like" theories of her own!

Thanks Funky Funky! I hate using the "family" card. But like I said, it's kind of surfaced again the last few weeks and with the forum being closed (I only post here about MaM), it has given me some time to reflect a bit too.

This case and our own experience is part of the reason why I do not have a blind trust in authority, as you can tell from the McStay case as well lol

So now I'm interested.... what are your thoughts?

I should also state... I don't have a blind trust in Zellner with this case either haha I did when she first got on the case, but she has made some mistakes along the way as well... and sometimes comes up with some pretty "pretzel-like" theories of her own!

Missy, I am probably not as informed as you are on this case. I watched MaM and then did some research online and read the Nik Van Der leek series. Unfortunately, I think he is guilty, that’s not to say that the investigation and evidence wasn’t iffy too though. I do have some sympathy (?) for Brendan but I don’t think he is completely innocent. I think he was coerced by his uncle. I do feel strongly about it but probably won’t post much on this topic as I’ve been obsessed with the Mcstay case for years and am also following the Kelsey Berreth case so going to focus on those and then follow the Dylan Redwine trial when it begins.

Missy, I am probably not as informed as you are on this case. I watched MaM and then did some research online and read the Nik Van Der leek series. Unfortunately, I think he is guilty, that’s not to say that the investigation and evidence wasn’t iffy too though. I do have some sympathy (?) for Brendan but I don’t think he is completely innocent. I think he was coerced by his uncle. I do feel strongly about it but probably won’t post much on this topic as I’ve been obsessed with the Mcstay case for years and am also following the Kelsey Berreth case so going to focus on those and then follow the Dylan Redwine trial when it begins.

This case, it's up and down, and on the down time, things just get rehashed over and over! I can see why some think Steven is guilty, and even Brendan on the surface, but knowing the case as well as I do, I feel that Brendan was coerced.

The Berreth case ... :eek::eek::eek::eek: That one is crazy! I don't know what or who to believe there! LOL

Thank you for the correction. :)

We will keep the forum open as long as everyone remains respectful toward other members.

A judge has rejected a man's bid for a new trial in a Wisconsin killing featured in the Netflix series "Making a Murderer."

Judge Angela Sutkiewicz on Thursday denied Steven Avery's request in the 2005 killing of photographer Teresa Halbach.

Halbach's remains were found in the Avery family's salvage yard. Avery argued the state turned over bones to the Halbach family without notifying the defense, but WLUK-TV reports the judge ruled that does not mean Avery should get a new trial.

Judge Turns Down Steven Avery's Request For New Trial

This discussion has turned into nothing but a large group of people attacking a very small group of people with a different opinion

Teresa Halbach is a victim. We are a victim friendly forum.

There is nothing in this forum lately that represents what Websleuths is about.

We are about discussing cases in a mature manner. The posting in this forum by most of the participants is not what we allow.

Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back