Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, as a former law enforcement officer I know when something is not handled correctly. They just need to do it right. A few words to the public and not informing people of any possible imminent danger is just negligent.

That's certainly fine for you to have that point of view. I'll just say I have probably followed more cases where they don't inform the public of potential danger than ones that they do. I suspect they have their reasons and I think those reasons will be made known. MOO

For SUV quote:
Alabama girl, 11, found dead after last seen at aunt’s house where SUV was spotted in driveway
snip "An Alabama girl was found dead Saturday after she vanished from her aunt’s house where a dark-colored SUV was spotted in the driveway, police and her family said."
"“Anyone who knows Amberly, knows she would not have left without telling me or my sister. She’s too scared to get into any trouble. She would never leave her cell phone behind,” the mother wrote. "

Just reference if anyone hadn't read about the suv or the phone.
Chi
ETA in my own humble opinion her remains probably weren't too far away from where she was living... :( We will probably find out where it was in about 15 minutes.
So so very sorry AB.

We've known about the SUV from the beginning and it has been the subject of a great deal of discussion. One popular view is that its a red herring. But as you say we might soon find out.

For SUV quote:
Alabama girl, 11, found dead after last seen at aunt’s house where SUV was spotted in driveway
snip "An Alabama girl was found dead Saturday after she vanished from her aunt’s house where a dark-colored SUV was spotted in the driveway, police and her family said."
"“Anyone who knows Amberly, knows she would not have left without telling me or my sister. She’s too scared to get into any trouble. She would never leave her cell phone behind,” the mother wrote. "

Just reference if anyone hadn't read about the suv or the phone.
Chi
ETA in my own humble opinion her remains probably weren't too far away from where she was living... :( We will probably find out where it was in about 15 minutes.
So so very sorry AB.
There’s another MSM article where LE said they couldn’t confirm SUV, I will find it and link back
Amberly Barnett, missing 11-year-old Alabama girl, found dead - CNN
Again, it isn’t LE confirming the SUV. Mom is the one reporting it per multiple MSM articles. Sloppy journalism can put this in a huge tailspin by misquoting and paraphrasing where it isn’t appropriate

Last edited:
We've known about the SUV from the beginning and it has been the subject of a great deal of discussion. One popular view is that its a red herring. But as you say we might soon find out.
Thanks I knew you all had discussed it, just some people read when something is going on in their community without ever registering, so therefore they cannot click on our links. It was for their general info if needed.
Could be a red herring....
Chi

Been lurking but feel it best to wait until after more info from the presser. I realize everyone deals with grief differently so Ill keep it zipped until afterward. Such a horrible thing for anyone, esp. a child to endure. Sickening.

wait a minute, the more i think about this the more i wonder...
if she was seen at 6pm, which is almost dark around here
how could BIL been working on house?
so aunt goes to store lets say at 6pm, then we say she gone for an hour
it is now 7 pm diffidently dark
lets say she went got groceries 30 min to unload
where is child, goes to bedroom, goes to most likely place checks for child
calls for child, looks outside, calls child cell phone
phone found in house, knowing the child, immediately calls law enforcement
i would say that would put us around the 8-8:30pm time frame
add 10-15min response time putting us at 8:45pm
is mom notified before or after law enforcement
is she still in Georgia, if so lets say 1.5hr drive time
something is not right with the time

Amberly Barnett, missing 11-year-old Alabama girl, found dead - CNN

Sorry, just reading up on the details. I am Way behind you guys. What doesn't make sense about the timeline?

After following many, many cases I understand that LE rarely shares everything they know with the public. Sometimes we need to be a little patient.

This is just my opinion and may not be shared by others, but I don't feel that LE is obligated to share everything that they know with us. What if for instance, LE has some info about the case but are still questioning people that they feel may have been involved. Perhaps they don't want these people to know that they are aware of certain information as it may alter the info they receive during questioning.

We don't have any idea what is really going on behind the scenes. I don't want there to be any chance of a compromised investigation. I'm much more concerned that they focus on a top notch investigation and are able fully prosecute the responsible party. I want them to cross all their "T's" and dot all their "I's" to make sure this monster is never going to hurt another child.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, sdled...
I live in a small town and can leave, shop, return and unload for 4 kids in an hour.
So, in that scenario, 7pm where's child? A quick look and I'd call Mom immediately who likely jumped in the car pronto (I would!) it is an hour drive to Collinsville, Al from Cedartown, Ga so arrival as early as 8:15 assuming she wasn't already in Alabama at the time (which I don't think we have seen anywhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects