CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #47 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the Defense questioning of CBI Agent Slater toward the end of the Prelim 2/19/19:

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV3m3 minutes ago
Defense points out the DNA of another male was found in Kelsey’s sink. Tests revealed it wasn’t that of Patrick Frazee. @KOAA

And the AA item #28 unknown male DNA and unknown female DNA from bathroom, PF excluded

When the Defense questioned Slater, they took the risk that he would answer that the DNA has been identified - but it has not. There was enough material to have developed the DNA profiles to exclude PF's profile. By the 2/19 Prelim, they had long since also had the DNA profiles of CB1 and CB2, as well as any officers who had been in the townhome would have theirs on file. It is less clear when they acquired KK's DNA. CBI Agent Slater would have stated whose DNA it was if they knew IMO because it would immediately defeat the Defense using the unknown male DNA as reasonable doubt.

So I don't think it is that DNA. This article link suggests swabbing a gun as an example of consumptive DNA testing.

Consumptive Forensic DNA Testing •
KK provided a DNA sample on 12/18 when she was arrested in Twin Falls.

MOO

It just makes no sense to violently kill someone and leave all that evidence when they had this other plan. It also makes no sense to tell LE about these failed plans if you didn't put anything in the coffee. Why tell anything? Attention? Certainly not guilt.
Just a case of CYA. She knew she was in WP on those dates and she suspected LE knew too. I'm not convinced she was "solicited" by PF. Unless LE have specific texts that clearly show he solicited her, it's just her word and we know how reliable that is. Regardless, the tale has been spun and given some of the inconsistencies, I think it will unravel. PF's defence attorney will make sure of that. She wants everyone to believe she was just a poor lovesick puppy and wanted to help PF deliver baby K from that horribly abusive mother that burnt her little hand with an iron and slammed her hand in the refrigerator. Ugggh. These two monsters make me sick. No doubt PF did the deed, but KK wanted it as well, she just didn't have the stomach to follow through. I don't think it had anything to do with conscience, or she would have reported it before they came looking for her. I suspect the deal was KK would do it because they figured LE would never be able to tie her to it, you know, they were SOOO smart with that burner phone. Not too bright those two. I also suspect if SHE had done it and LE fingered HIM for it, he would have thrown her under the bus in a heartbeat. They really do deserve each other. I just can't buy the solicitation narrative. This was a conspiracy to commit murder. Just because she ratted out PF, that does not mean she isn't lying about other things.

Hey, Pua, I know just what you mean re: the word "stupid" playing like a looped track in your head. It starts to feel redundant, doesn't it? But the word stupid is so apropos!

I don't know if this helps, but I've been substituting a lot of synonymous words, including the following, to describe both PF and now KK, who, not to be outdone by PF, has proven herself to be every bit his intellectual match:
  • moronic
  • imbecilic
  • idiotic
  • dim-witted
  • brainless
  • asinine
There are probably other synonyms we could use to describe them both, but just thought I'd throw those out there as possible alternatives to the stale ole' "stupid" tag if you find yourself growing weary of hearing yourself say it.

Of course, when all else fails, we can always simply fall back on the trusty stand-bys:

"This is PF we're talking about here."
"This is KK we're talking about here."

No other explanation needed as those sentences are understood to be code for:
"He/she is the biggest moron to ever walk the face of the planet."

JMO.
Yeah, I'm going to have to use the online thesaurus more often, LOL.

WRT KKL, I just keep thinking of all the red flags she blatantly ignored along the path to self-destruction and all of the opportunities she had to back out and run.
1. Finding out that her "boyfriend" had a fiancée and a child with her.
2. Boyfriend's fiancé tells her that KB is a horrible mother who abuses their child. She accepts this ridiculous lie at face value.
3. Her "boyfriend" asks her to kill his fiancée by poisoning her coffee.
4. Her "boyfriend" asks her to kill his fiancée the second time by striking her with a metal rod.
5. Her "boyfriend" asks her to kill his fiancée the third time by striking her with a baseball bat.
6. Her "boyfriend" asks her to clean up the mess he made by actually killing his fiancée.
7. She drove down to clean up the mess, and could have turned back.
8. On her way back from cleaning up the mess, she could have called LE.
9. When she got back to ID with KB's phone, she could have taken it to the police station.

That's nine, and I probably missed some. So many opportunities to not get involved in this horror. MOO

Slater said they developed DNA profiles of those people. He never said anything even close to claiming they had matched those profiles to search samples, or eliminated matches. In defense cross examination, he stated that the blood turned up in the search had not yet been DNA tested, but he staked his 35 year career reputation on it being KB's when it was tested.
I'm assuming that he developed DNA profiles of the rest of B's samples by standard swab. We know LE did for PF. As I wondered in an earlier post, did they already have a DNA profile of KB from a pilot's physical or some other source? IMO
Yes, I've seen several posts stating that LE ruled out the family's DNA as being found at the crime scene, but have not seen any sources for this.
Do we know if Kelsey's brother's partner was also there? The media interviewed him and her brother and I wondered if that interview took place while the family was in Colorado.
In regard to Kelseys DNA being found, I wonder if they found blood on the ceiling or other places that were not cleaned that may have been a match. Imo

Thanks Pommy. I guess I'll delete my other post. I thought it had been corrected, but I didn't know where to find it.
In the last thread, some posters had not seen the amended document for the wrongful death suit. There is a list of all the things that Frazee said to CB to misguide her and stall the investigation. Would that be something you can find easily and post again?
I don't remember a list like that but I'd be glad to look if you remember who posted it and/or some keywords to put in the search box. ?
MOO

Yeah, I'm going to have to use the online thesaurus more often, LOL.

WRT KKL, I just keep thinking of all the red flags she blatantly ignored along the path to self-destruction and all of the opportunities she had to back out and run.
1. Finding out that her "boyfriend" had a fiancée and a child with her.
2. Boyfriend's fiancé tells her that KB is a horrible mother who abuses their child. She accepts this ridiculous lie at face value.
3. Her "boyfriend" asks her to kill his fiancée by poisoning her coffee.
4. Her "boyfriend" asks her to kill his fiancée the second time by striking her with a metal rod.
5. Her "boyfriend" asks her to kill his fiancée the third time by striking her with a baseball bat.
6. Her "boyfriend" asks her to clean up the mess he made by actually killing his fiancée.
7. She drove down to clean up the mess, and could have turned back.
8. On her way back from cleaning up the mess, she could have called LE.
9. When she got back to ID with KB's phone, she could have taken it to the police station.

That's nine, and I probably missed some. So many opportunities to not get involved in this horror. MOO

I'm convinced that dreadful woman binge-watches movies on The Lifetime Channel.
Whilst binge-eating copious amounts of buttered popcorn.

It's the only explanation.

JMO.

Last edited:
I don't remember a list like that but I'd be glad to look if you remember who posted it and/or some keywords to put in the search box. ?
MOO
I will go back and look. It may have been posted just before the hearing and then got lost in all the flurry of posts from the court room.
I guess it wasn't an actual list, but it was a description of all the many misleading things PF said to her in conversations and text messages that were lies. It had more details than the first one.

Ashley Franco‏ @AshleyKKTV
Prosecutors ask that other steps be taken and other experts take a look at this evidence before it is tested for DNA. We’re not sure what evidence they have. @KKTV11News #PatrickFrazee

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Defense for #PatrickFrazee objects that Colorado Bureau of Investigation won't allow a defense expert to be present for every stage of this testing. Item of evidence hasn't been disclosed. #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Judge Scott Sells citing statute that the defense does have the right to have an expert present for the testing. He’s asking if someone from CBI could testify for specifics on the testing (how long it would take, why a defense expert couldn’t be present) @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Judge says he’d need to hear testimony from CBI about the testing as to why some of the testing needs to be in private and if expert witnesses would be able to be present during the testing. @KKTV11News #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

No way would I ever trust only one side to be present at the lab testing of anything, in any criminal case. EVERYTHING should be transparent, witnessed and video taped in order to be beyond question as to methods.

heres a screen shot of a close up:

I think the white things we suspect are cameras are hidden by the roof overhang in that view above. See how the coach light in that shot is right near the top of the door? The other white items are higher than the neighbor's doorway. Your original photo for reference:
img_0087-jpg.162079

Just to clarify, the murder was said to have taken place in the living room, and Frazee put the baby in a playpen in the back bedroom, according to the affidavit.

Yes, AA statement # 66 differentiates that KB was killed in living room while baby K was in playpen in the office/back bedroom.

The murder, according to Kenney (through Frazee), happened in a back office/second bedroom, Slater said. When Kenney went back to Frazee’s home, Slater says Frazee gave Kenney the cell phone. Kenney took Berreth’s purse & took it.

CBI Slater initially testified as tweeted but under redirect added living room. Some reporters noted the correction by tweet but not all. @Sam KOAA is one that corrected his tweet hours later, and also confirmed he corrected his tweet in the following response tweeted the next day.

Sam Kraemer Retweeted ******

It’s the living room. Their child was in the back room at the time

Sam Kraemer added,
@**************
Replying to @SamKraemerTV
Hi. You stated previously (per Kenney) the murder happened in a back office/second bedroom..but now the living room. Is the living room accurate?

9:56 AM - 20 Feb 2019 pst

Last edited:
KK provided a DNA sample on 12/18 when she was arrested in Twin Falls.

MOO
Ooooooo! Thank you! PommyMommy knows all.

I thought maybe she gave DNA with her mugshot at CSPD the day before her hearing. I wonder if this is why the Defense only mentioned the unknown male DNA at PF's Prelim, was the female since identified as KK? Seems possible since she admits being there.

We can only guess at what is the object and material for the consumptive test...

Judge asks how the manner could be resolved, and Viehman says she & the defense could talk with CBI to clarify their differences. Defense says their expert would be Steve Jacobson, who Stiegerwald notes as their go-to DNA expert. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Defense is concerned because there’s a lot of discovery in the case and they’re continuing to receive the discovery and combing through it. @KKTV11News #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Judge says Colorado law protects right of defense to be present for such testing. He suggests holding a hearing with testimony on why defense rep should be barred from certain stage. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

Judge asks if he can defer this until after arraignment, and both parties agreed. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Since DNA doesn't seem to be an issue in this case, I'm kind of mystified as to what this could be. All I can think of is a drop of something found on or in his truck, thus confirming he transported Kelsey's remains in it.

MOO
Ok, I found it. Its in thread #38 pg 55 and was posted by Gardener 1850. I can't turn my phone to see the actual post #.
It's the Amended Complaint.

Since DNA doesn't seem to be an issue in this case, I'm kind of mystified as to what this could be. All I can think of is a drop of something found on or in his truck, thus confirming he transported Kelsey's remains in it.
Could it be his DNA they are testing or is it definitely hers?

Ok, I found it. Its in thread #38 pg 55 and was posted by Gardener 1850. I can't turn my phone to see the actual post #.
It's the Amended Complaint.
12. On December 2, 2018, Cheryl-Lee Berreth, on Plaintiffs’ behalf, called Frazee and asked him if everything was “okay”. Frazee responded with “here’s the story…” and proceeded to knowingly and deliberately communicate to Plaintiffs the following false statements, misrepresentations, and/or calculated omissions:

a. Frazee and Kelsey broke up on/or about Thanksgiving Day 2018;
b. Frazee and Kelsey went to Cracker Barrel, “the restaurant Darrell [Berreth] likes,” together on Thanksgiving Day 2018;
c. Kelsey agreed to share with Frazee 50/50 custody of their daughter (hereinafter referred to as “KB”);
d. Thereafter, Kelsey left KB with Frazee while she “figured out what she was going to do”;
e. Kelsey had asked Frazee for her things back, so he gave Kelsey her keys and her gun;
f. On the Sunday following Thanksgiving, November 25, 2018, Frazee and Kelsey had planned to do something together and that he had spoken to her in the morning; and
g. When he later sent a text and she didn’t respond, he figured she had put her phone on do-not-disturb so that she could study, which is something he said that she often did when she was studying or KB was napping.

19. Upon information and belief, during periods relevant to this Amended Complaint and Jury Demand, Frazee also made to others and/or caused to be published to the press or otherwise the following untrue reports, which he knew or showed reckless disregard that they would be heard and/or read by Plaintiffs:

a. Frazee and Kelsey were not engaged;
b. Frazee and Kelsey were broken-up;
c. Frazee and Kelsey agreed to 50/50 custody of KB;
d. Kelsey was not KB’s primary caregiver;
e. Kelsey had “issues” that would warrant Frazee “getting full custody”;
f. Kelsey had been to “rehab”;
g. Kelsey left/abandoned KB in Frazee’s care;
h. Kelsey ran off;
i. Kelsey had run off before;
j. On November 25, 2018, Kelsey texted her employer stating she would not be in to work for a week;
k. On November 25, 2018, Kelsey texted Frazee; and/or
l. On November 25, 2018, Frazee spoke and/or texted with Kelsey; and
m. Frazee returned to Kelsey her keys and her gun that were in his possession.

Attachments

• Amended+complaint+vs+Patrick+Frazee.pdf
    198.3 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads