Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

cybervampira

Reaction score
DeKalb County Sheriff's Office

MISSING: We're currently searching for 11-year-old Amberly Lee Barnett. Amberly is 5'1"/98 lbs. Blonde Hair/Blue Eyes.

Amberly was last seen in the Mt. Vernon Community around 6 pm. If you may have seen her or know of her whereabouts, call us at (256)845-3801. We're all hands on deck tonight to bring her home.

upload_2019-3-2_10-31-52.jpeg

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
New members need to read the following terms of service in their entirety. All members are responsible for knowing our rules and posting accordingly.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The following guidelines are strictly adhered to:

* We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* We do not link to or discuss the networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. Do not post about comments on those pages.

* We never post the name of a private individual, minor or adult, who has not been named in the media.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, do not reply as it will cause a huge clean up for mods. Alert the post so a mod can look at the post.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Only MSM links are approved to be posted. If you have posted a link that has been removed do not re-post the information. Moreover, do not discuss the contents or information within the unapproved link.

*Posts that state "I read somewhere", "I read an article" "my sister told me" "I know it is a rumor and I can't link it but this is what I read_______" will be removed because since no MSM link is being provided it is considered rumor. Rumor is not allowed at Websleuths.

*Keep the discussion victim friendly.

Please click the "like" button to indicate that you have read this post.

Last edited:
Are there any similar cases where a perp has been charged with capital murder and the details of the murder are kept sealed until after the case goes to trial? I am curious if the COD is the only detail we are likely to know for quite a while.
Some of the details will probably come out at the preliminary hearing as well as the release of the arrest warrant moo

Are there any similar cases where a perp has been charged with capital murder and the details of the murder are kept sealed until after the case goes to trial? I am curious if the COD is the only detail we are likely to know for quite a while.

I think it is likely, since so much pressure will be placed on Chris Madison to provide details. Since I believe Alabama is a death penalty state, his defense attorney (has one been mentioned?) will likely ask the court to stop any further release of information. We will see, and not sure any good can come from further information to the public. My opinion only, but do hope they have the right guy and a lot of evidence.

Thanks ab01 and Jabarn. I just have a feeling this is going to be a tight-lipped case from here on out and all there is going to be is speculation until after the trial is over. Whatever the situation, I pray AB gets justice and the perp never harms anyone ever again!

I have no problem with school computers being used at the appropriate age. It’s home electronics that are getting these kids. They come at 4 and younger on Mama’s or whoever’s phone talking Zombies and all sorts of weird things they should not be exposed too. Parent literally have to wrestle their phone from them. I’m not saying that is the case here, but we have too get our youth back and it starts with phones gone and nature in!

This (phones/electronics/etc) doesn’t apply to Amberly’s case. Many have their opinions on children using the internet but unless you are raising kids of this current generation you wouldn’t know what is typical, and shouldn’t place judgement. So many comments about her posts with makeup etc, IMO Amberly nor her mother posted anything inappropriate as far as I’ve seen. Just feel they should be defended. Amberly is strikingly beautiful and that is not her fault.

This (phones/electronics/etc) doesn’t apply to Amberly’s case. Many have their opinions on children using the internet but unless you are raising kids of this current generation you wouldn’t know what is typical, and shouldn’t place judgement. So many comments about her posts with makeup etc, IMO Amberly nor her mother posted anything inappropriate as far as I’ve seen. Just feel they should be defended. Amberly is strikingly beautiful and that is not her fault.

Totally agree! I saw one pic of her dolled up for a dance or something. Big deal! She wasn't wearing revealing clothing and she looked beautiful. I'm glad her family has that pic of her looking so darling. She was a gorgeous child and if her mom captured pics of her looking so, good for her.

Marking my spot.
Hoping for harsh justice.
Curious if there will be any more arrests ?
As in, if the perp had friend(s) over that day. I also do not think he was fixing anyone's roof ; so --besides murdering a child --was he walking around the aunts' house and stalking them ?
And if he was under the influence, that's no excuse.

Have we heard anything re hearings, attorneys, etc.? Google Maps tells me I'm five hours from this creep. Probably not realistic to think of attending court, but it's tempting. Maybe there will be a change of venue farther south...

I'm so heartbroken over poor innocent Amberly, and so utterly enraged at this monster. Sometimes there is no punishment severe enough to be called justice. All MOO, as always.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back